Mom teaches middle school

>mom teaches middle school
>helping her out with this Google course she's taking on new technology in classrooms
>watching some training video featuring a middle school that uses the google classroom apps or whatever the fuck it's called
>it shows one of the staff sitting at his computer
>he's watching a student through her laptop webcam
>starts laughing and says "they don't even know we're watching them"
Wtf? Does anyone else think that's a bit too far? What if a student takes their laptop home or something? Can the school still monitor them?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bethel_School_District_v._Fraser
theguardian.com/world/2010/feb/19/schools-spied-on-students-webcams
mashable.com/2010/04/28/schools-google-apps/#yRMlLSMYyPqw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>and people laugh over tapped webcams

you are an idiot if you dont do this

I just disabled my webcam, but yeah tape would be better. I just never get around to doing it.

>Can the school still monitor them?
The school basically owns you during school hours, and they try to own you during after school hours too by claiming you're still at school until you make it to your house.
So if, for example, a fight breaks out after school within sight of the school, they'll drag you back into the school to punish both of you.

Its called portal to portal. Any incident involving children the moment they get on a bus in the morning until they get back inside of their house is on the school.

Link the video

Yeah it's bullshit, students basically have no rights.

>rights to be a nigger
LMAO

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bethel_School_District_v._Fraser

yes

Well, they're children, so it's not bullshit.

is that the one where the school IT guys were watching teens undress in their room at their house?

>unalienable rights are alienable if you are x

>is that the google course where IT guys watch teens undress in their room at their house?

no.. I really doubt it..

>i disabled webcam therefore I'm safe
Rootkit called, they want to access your webcam for free.

how can you not get around to it? it takes like 10 seconds.

not talking about OP's story, talking about the screencap he posted.

theguardian.com/world/2010/feb/19/schools-spied-on-students-webcams

>psychology strategy to make little kids think that being watched on their laptop camera is something funny and cool that Google can do, so they won't object it later on in life
Gee, it's almost like a certain company involved in the process has an interest in people not caring about their privacy...

Screencap is from the training video, but I immediately thought of that story when I saw it, definitely similar.
I don't have the link right now, gotta wait until I can get to my laptop.

>I don't have the link right now
I'm not going to believe you until you can link the video

mashable.com/2010/04/28/schools-google-apps/#yRMlLSMYyPqw

Skip to 4:35

Fucking malware

>muh ageism

>>>>>>tumblr

I wonder how many school admins have gotten those fresh teen nudes from these sort of things

Even after school hours, after they're home. If two students fight, they can get in trouble with the school.

You just know that assistant principle jerks off to those kids, he looks like the type

Schools have the ability to monitor and restrict and give access to students as they please. But it's totally unethical to do so for unjustifiable reasons, exploitative reasons, and without their knowledge of it.

Those kids should know someone could be watching them when they decide to look up Sup Forums.org. It's unethical to survail without the parties knowledge if they have not warranted it.

*clears throat in direction of NSA*

they're not adults, so yes, they have very restricted rights

Apple's AtEase program allowed me to have a whole lab's screens tiled on my screen and I could zoom in, cooperate or take over any screen. I could start, stop, install, modify or delete programs and files in flight.
It cut down pilfering and vandalism once the kids got wind of it.

>you don't deserve human rights until you reach an arbitrary age

It's taking it too far yes.

Kids never use computers for what they should in school anyway so I see why they can feel it's motivated. But it's just dumb.

>taped cams
Rip out the mic. Who cares if they see your face. Think about it.

What part of you don't have full rights until you are legally an adult can't you understand.

>start jerking off on cam
>sue teacher and school for sexual harrassment and the possession of CP

you'd also get arrested for distributing cp

Wait shit you might be right.

>be underage
>go take a bath
>get arested for possession of cp
life is suffering

pretty sure that's not how it works if the child doesn't know about the camera

just don't look directly in the webcam and say "sup principal"

this is america, where 2 teenagers sexting each other can get arrested for distributing

Yeah, but that's willful distribution. Retarded law either way, but in this case the student would be clear because they didn't know they were being recorded

Rights are spook. You have the rights the government is willing to protect or you're willing to kill for.

Doesn't matter. CP laws aren't mens rea.

Since when could rootkits replug the power cable to the camera?

He understood what you meant motherfucker, he is saying that line of thinking is wrong

we should not let our kids get used to being spied on

>tfw my friend in highschool at 17 got juvie time for lewd selfies of herself on her phone
>[spoiler]she was later committed to a mental ward[/spoiler]
>[spoiler]she didn't come back the same person[/spoiler]

I think the point is user isn't sending it to anyone they are just spying on you through the webcam. It's not like they are intercepting your video feed from a different site or something

You unplugged the power cable to the camera but you have to "get around" to putting tape on?

is it even possible to find a 17 year old who doesn't have lewds of herself on her phone?

Nah not really

>some IT neckbear has access to all the itty bitty kiddy titties and cunny he wants

I envy him