Is FLAC a meme? I have a 256gb micro sd card so space isn't an issue

Is FLAC a meme? I have a 256gb micro sd card so space isn't an issue

Other urls found in this thread:

thenextweb.com/apple/2017/06/06/ios-11-flac-audio-iphone-ipad/#.tnw_i7MerZfJ
archimago.blogspot.com.es/2013/02/high-bitrate-mp3-internet-blind-test_3422.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

FLAC isn't a meme, as long as whatever you use to play music supports it.

flac isn't a meme
"hi-fi" music is

Yes.

Use PCM audio at 192khz by 32bit.

oh it is, you start listening to FLAC.
But you will end listening to vinyl with a tube amp and magical enhancing rocks tied to the cables to make it sound better.
is a slippery slope bro.

Yes flac is meme
total meme.
Just like .exe is meme mp3 is meme ini. is meme

just cover whatever you have in FLAC to opus or something similar for file compression.
>using a sample rate used for archiving as everyday sample rate

FLAC is not a meme
this is a meme

You are a meme.

What is wrong with using archive tier quality for every day use?
Where do people get FLAC now that WCD died? I don't trust FLAC releases on public trackers.

its really is. but makes fags think theyre special for having it

redacted.ch or apollo.rip
jpopsuki.eu for asian/anime music

No, it's a great format to store audio, since it doesn't degrade with the past of time like mp3 does, not that rotational velodensity thing, but the multiples reencondes with a single ordinary mp3.
Technically it does, mp3 has a lot of artifacts that you can get used to listen in higher frequencies.

Genuine advice: Take the same song, from the same source, and listen to it in FLAC, MP3 320kbps, and MP3 v0 in a blind test.

Mark down which one sounds best to you, and be specific about what sounds better. Which frequencies are more "defined" and "less muddy" etc.

In all likelihood your results will not reflect the reality of quality between the formats because you probably aren't autistic enough to notice.

We're all memes inside a meme existence drinking from the bottomless cup of memes.

probably most flacs come from some lossy first copy anyway. The only difference is Groovin' Magic that chiru has, that shit is terrific. Great quality. No one has it better.

the only exception*
I retarded a little more than usual there.

FLAC is good for benchmarking your equipment. Reduces the number of variables.
In practice, FLAC is an archival format you store on a server and convert it as needed to whatever format fits your needs.
Some people (like me) have a 200GB Micro SD so I just stick it straight on the phone and run them as is.

And the language of those memes is english.

No it isn't a meme, The best analogy I can give it high grade fuel for a car. Most people's honda civic can't tell the different between 87 and 91 but if you get the right set up you can tell.

Now do you want to spend over 200 bucks for a dac and head phones to tell the difference? I doubt it and honestly when it comes to it most people listen to music while at the gym will never notice it but if you truly got a hifi set up then yes it is worth it.

Now that isn't the only reason why one should use flac. Archiving is a total valid reason to use flac as well as you don't lose quality when you transcode.

If you've got the space, there really isn't a reason not to use it.

Even Apple is going to support flac these days.

thenextweb.com/apple/2017/06/06/ios-11-flac-audio-iphone-ipad/#.tnw_i7MerZfJ

Too bad they won't update iPods to support it, it'd be nice to not have to transcode to ALAC

>playing catch up like always
yup, that's apple. Maybe in a few more years their phones will get fast charging.

FLAC is great. If you don't have anything that supports it, keep your master files in FLAC and downconvert to whatever codec works.

>256GB
>space isn't an issue
End your miserable existence little babby.

256GB would be enough for most people in a DAP, even if all the songs were FLAC.

>space isn't an issue
Then use FLAC. Your ears probably can't distinguish between FLAC or MP3 320 Kbps but FLAC it's technically better.

Ironically, you could spend $150 on a DAC and the one in your smartphone is probably as good or better than it.
As for $200 DACs and AMPs like the O2 and Schiits, I can't say. Too rich for my blood.

No, today it's very hard to argue against using it for me personally. I'm going to download the highest quality version of the song I can find on the trackers because like you said even MicroSD cards can hold a whole library these days.
I also like to think that I have the "whole" song. If space were ever to be an issue on my mobile device I could simply encode them down to a more compressed codec since storage on a desktop is cheap and abundant.

This is the better answer, now gfy

If you don't have a good audiophile tier setup it is a meme. Just download 320 if you don't have that god tier setup

Microsoft Groove (default Windows music app) on Windows Phone has supported FLAC for years.
The only issue is that it can't read metadata from FLAC worth shit, so it always fucks up album covers for obscure weeb shit.

rutracker.org my friend

download flac and convert it to mp3 and it sounds great

It's not like you're losing out on anything if you're usng flac on your music device.

I don't think so. I can definitely tell the difference between flac and web stream, my ears are shit.

Why?
I get flac music from tpb

Musics not even expensive anymore, you can often buy directly from the artist. It's not 2010 anymore cheapskate.

Giving money to the Jews. No thanks.

Not really. I get FLAC if possible but realise AAC files half the size and Opus files 1/3 the size are basically indistinguishable for my use case.

You can buy off the artist on sites like band camp. If you hate these people why do you listen to their music?
I used to pirate in protest to all the middle men marking up music to much, but now there is no point.

lossless on a portable device is a meme

FLAC is not a meme. It's Lossless, and that means that it should be one of the formats of choice when you want to build a music library.

That said, most people can't distinguish shit. And yes, most people are obviously most people, so probably everyone here can't distinguish FLAC from MP3, not even with crazy expensive equipment:

archimago.blogspot.com.es/2013/02/high-bitrate-mp3-internet-blind-test_3422.html

Just keep your stuff at home in FLAC, and carry your actual stuff in you phone in AAC or mp3.

>tfw 256 gb micro sd
>still have to reencode to lossy mp3's to get everything on

You can store even more albums on limited SD if you switch to opus.

it's good for archival purposes so not a meme.

Hearing the difference now isn't the reason to encode to FLAC. FLAC uses lossless compression, while MP3 is 'lossy'. What this means is that for each year the MP3 sits on your hard drive, it will lose roughly 12kbps, assuming you have SATA - it's about 15kbps on IDE, but only 7kbps on SCSI, due to rotational velocidensity. You don't want to know how much worse it is on CD-ROM or other optical media.

I started collecting MP3s in about 2001, and if I try to play any of the tracks I downloaded back then, even the stuff I grabbed at 320kbps, they just sound like crap. The bass is terrible, the midrange…well don’t get me started. Some of those albums have degraded down to 32 or even 16kbps. FLAC rips from the same period still sound great, even if they weren’t stored correctly, in a cool, dry place. Seriously, stick to FLAC, you may not be able to hear the difference now, but in a year or two, you’ll be glad you did.

are you retarded?
you realize a file stays the same no matter what? try it - download an mp3 right now, then write down its crc-32 checksum and compare it in a year of time
guess what - it's going to be exactly the same dumbass

You are the reason why Sup Forums was never good.

lossless audio has its use cases. Decide for yourself if yours is one of them. Now fuck off with this daily shit thread

what?

your head's up your bumbum bro

rude

Yes the flac format is a meme because you won't hear the difference between it and a properly encoded high quality mp3 you can test it yourself if you don't believe me but be careful to use more than 300kph if your chocolate cake avoid oil just butter butter is better for the butter but only GNU/butter not microil winfat you can alos use brown sugar to improve your listening experience and good jazz with high bass but i wouldn't recommend it's just a matter of preference. Another alternative would be to listen to the physical format of your song ideally with a cd drive from before 2010 as it has the best sound design of all and no DRM problem like we have nowadays. Don't bother with flac if you are deaf as you won't be able to hear anything except if you draw it well with photoshop use a libre laternative if you can't pay it you poorfag but don't use winamp it's shit outdated don't don't don't don't the benis is ready for great quality music ENJOY

FLAC is a meme if you don't have $2000 in headphones amps and DACs to actually tell a difference. Until then, buy a nice pair of Sennheisers or AKGs and at least use 320kbps mp3s. Currently enjoying my HD 598s

FLAC isn't a meme, but using it as a portable format is ludicrous. Opus is the best one if you plan on bringing it with you. FLAC is a great archive format and local storage on your 2TB HDD.

FLAC+lossyWAV - best of both worlds

The human ear can only hear up to 19? KBs.

Yes FLAC is absolutely a meme. Let's triple the size of your file so no one can notice a change in quality. Your musical taste isn't good enough to warrant tripling your file size and audiophiles love cock.

>KBs
kHz, idiot

I'm jealous of you, I have only 180gb micro sd and my mp3s don't fit on there.
>epeen

>human eye can only hear up to 19 KiloBytes
Bitch, my mouth can see up to 2000 Watts.
Ain't our problem if you're disabled

MP3 files and similar can degrade, unlike FLACs. It is excellent for archiving.

This thread has finally convinced me, I just converted all my mp3 files to flac and it sounds much better.

You need a CD or other lossless source to make proper flac.

I thought DFF, DSF and DSD is a meme :thinking:

cd is wav my man

Keep in mind converting MP3 files to FLAC doesn't increase the quality, unless you meant "converting" as in redownloading the files in FLAC format.

WAV is a container that supports various audio codecs. Raw PCM is in CD.

lol, Audio CD doesn't even have a file system, it was designed in the early 80s, it uses CD-DA.