How old is the tech you are still using as a primary?

How old is the tech you are still using as a primary?

My 19 inch DVI LCD SONY is 13 years old and it doesn't have a single black dot.

My cpu is a q6600.

Other urls found in this thread:

gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-HD-6670-vs-GeForce-GTX-780
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0AJ5RC1879&cm_re=Mushkin_stealth_PC3-12800-_-20-226-404-_-Product
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

that's just being lazy.

My phone is 3 years old

My cellphone is from 2008 or something. It still uses Android 1.5. I only use it for calls, and it works.

I'm waiting for black Friday this year,

IT WILL BE THE YEAR OF THE UPGRADE.

>doesn't have a single black dot

I don't get it

Samsung 840 (non pro/Evo) 120GB SSD. Bought it at launch and have over 14TB written to it. It's been in many different PC configurations. Reports as 99% drive health still. My main OS drive now.

dead pixels

dead pixels

My TV has been on 50% of the time since 2010. The left side of the image is a bit darker than the rest but other than that it's still a good TV.
I bought 2 of my desktop monitors at around the same time but unfortunately one of them is scratched and the other has a dead pixel. I also use a monitor I bought at least 2 years before that which has no dead pixels but its colors and viewing angles are trash.
My MSI U100 netbook is still running 24/7 as a home server and I bring it with me whenever I'm going on a holiday.
I still use my 1st gen moto Sup Forums and don't see any reason to change it.

My monitor is from 2002. It's an EIZO L685

Keyboard is from about the same time, but other parts are new.

32" olevia 720p TV as display, q6600 with 3gb of memory and gts 450 as main pc.

I'm with you. I think he thinks that pixels just die over time.

Dell ST2410
17 years

i'm drunk and can't anything 7years

best buy pre built pc 9 years

>thinkpad from 2011
>monitors from 2007
>keyboard from 1992
It works so there is no need for me to get new shit.

>How old is the tech you are still using as a primary?

My monitor is a LG from the mid-00's. It has VGA and DVI ports with max settings of 1650 x 1050.

It still works.

XOne and PS4 are main consols today
Im gonna buy PS3 next week :')

Minolta X700
Mid '80s maybe? Still runs like a raped ape.

IBM Model M
1989, ruined other keyboards for me.

buy ryzen

1986 Model M
Dell 2405FPW
i7-4790K

still rocking a samsung from 2005

Motherfucking memory controller on this CPU is the bane of my existence and the reason my RAM is so goddamn slow.

i still habe a original eee pc and even i don't use it anymore, i sometimes boot it up and visit some major sites with ie6 just to infuriate site admins.

>16gb
>X58
How many RAM sticks are in there? You know you're meant to run them in sets of three in an X58 right?

If you put 2x8 in or 4x4 it won't run properly.

2011 thinkpad
2011 shuttle pc
2009 tv
2000 minidisc walkman
1997 minidisc deck
1995 cd deck
1993 speakers
1996 radio deck
1992 tape deck
2012 amp
2010 lp deck

2x8
They were on sale.
No difference though, the memory controller on the CPU maxes at 1080Mhz and trying to past that risks fucking the memory controller entirely.

had this rig until feburary when i gave it to my lil brother
still using the screen though, even after sitting in a garage for 5+ years it still works like new

LG monitor from 2007. Had to replace the capacitors in its internal power supply once, works perfectly. 0 dead pixels.

2x almost 10 years old samsung sata HDDs from that god-tier samsung line

Is there something wrong with yours? I've had mine running between 1800mhz and 2000mhz for about eight years now.

That board you've got drops to dual channel mode if you put two of four sticks in. If you put a third 8gb in it should flick into triple channel mode and get the proper speeds.

i still use my 2003 soundcard in my main desktop
will probably continue to use it until "conventional" PCI is dead and gone

>Decade old shitass BenQ 16:10 monitor.
Nice aspect ratio. Shit everything else.

Technically my Q6600 build is still my main desktop but I use the laptop for almost everything now since I don't play video games anymore.

Still using a thinkvision l1900p as my secondary monitor and since it's doing a good job and don't have any dead pixels i have no plan to replace it.

I still primary a Galaxy S3. and a pebble classic. I've owned both since their launches and due to custom ROMs like lineage OS my phone isn't even ancient feeling yet. also for a PC I'm still rocking a athalon X2 and 6 gigs of RAM + two Nvidia 9800 GTX+'s in SLI. goat setup and I'm not upgrading anything for two more years.

I am poster here, meant the athalon X4, not X2.

Phenom II x6 1100T
still does a great job.

ThinkPad X220, Q6600 in my desktop. No plans to upgrade any time soon.

My Dell Ultrasharp from 10 years ago just died. RIP. Had been using it every day for years.

Still running the 3570k/HD7950 combo

Time to upgrade?

nah, give it another ten years.

Disgusting.

i have a gateway fpd1810 manufactured in 01 that still works. made in korea too

i wish tv's still looked like that. new tv's are so bland

even the president had a fpd1810

I don't really care about the looks but the picture must be awful.

of course its olevia, i had one in 2007

Alright, back to playing Duke3D

eh, looks like it still works

Some reasons pictures didn't load next posts (but all are grouped together at the start of the page), sometimes they do

2x Hitachi CML174 17" LCDs from 2003. They're fucking beige.

But they match match my IBM Model M, so whatever.

This is on a Core i5-4690 rig.

>next posts
next to posts*

won't get much comfier than that, famalam.

phone: sony xperia v like 3.5 years old
pc: cpu is phenom ii x4 965, 6 years or something. gpu is hd6850.
laptop is mid 2012 mbp
monitors and such are also ancient

and my oldest thing is my amplifier a sony ta-av480, got it from my dad, its older than i am.

it werks and does the job, no need to upgrade

My desktop computer (core2duo 2.8GHz) that I use for everything will be a full decade old in December this year.

One of my two monitors is nearly 13 years old.

I'm seriously considering building a new computer with Ryzen, but I want to be really sure I choose the best combination of parts, and I'm lazy and all the research and work involved in putting it together is putting me off doing it.

I still use an ASUS U31f from 2011/12, and an iPad 3 from around a year later.

>planned obsolescence my arse

thinkpad x60
thinkpad x220
hp elitebook from 2014

basically everytime I get new job I buy myself new one... and its time to quit and get a new job soon.

oh it definitely exists, like panasonic plasma tv's

I have a samsung plasma thats still great. I was more reffering to a general notion around the time of ipads that they were only going to be useful for about a year

q6600? that's nothing, my only pc/laptop still uses T4200, not older but way fucking slower

>ThinkPad X200s (2008)
>KCMA-D8 -based desktop (2010)
>Nexus 5 (2013)
>Nexus 7 (2013)

Not ancient, but dated by today's standards.

Silver stone ft01 from 2008
Samsung t260r from 2009

I have a Nexus 5, and I prepare a lot of current phones for customers at work. Can't say I notice much of a difference. in common every day tasks. I don't notice the age of my Nexus 5. Not as much as I notice the age of older Galaxy phones from the same time period.

i wish i had gotten a pioneer plasma.

I'll probably switch it out for a 7700k this weekend because I'm a child.

2500K bro here, don't do it.

BUT I HAVE THE ITCH.

Only like $600 down the drain on the new mobo, ram, and cpu.

>iPad 3
>not a ipad 1
get on my level

I have a 17 year old pair of underpants

zenit 12xp here

I still use these everyday:
Dell XPS M1530 from 2009, bought it used in 2012 April
Replaced: keyboard, lower cover, battery 2x.
Logitech MX518 mouse from 2006 Sept
Ipod Shuffle 2nd gen from 2006 Dec

My semi-primary is from 2011-2012.

My main and only laptop is 6 years old
My commuter bicycle is probably like 30 years old

E8400 C2D as my main desktop, it just werks

17 inch 5:4 dell monitor
and a q8300

I still have a green 2nd gen Ipod Nano in my car using it daily. It's from 2006 I think.

I have a iPad 2
I really need to jailbreak it but I am too lazy

T530 and Nexus 4 circa 2012

Maybe?
i7 920 official specifications has the memory controller maxed at 1066Mhz
I have a motherboard that can XMP the fuckers higher, but last time I did so, my box was stuck in an on-off loop and I had to use the panic button on the mobo to revert the BIOS settings.

Feels bad man.

2560x1600 syncmaster from 2007.
p67 mobo from 2011.
case from 2009
still good enough.

Ayyliumware M18xR2 from 2012
Intel 3940XM @ 3.00 GHz
Dual Nvidia GeForce 680Ms

Refurbished Lenovo x200 MemePad, at least a decade old. Win7 Pro. 99 bucks.

She is smol yet thicc. Relative dimensions of a textbook. Fits perfectly in smaller or mid sized backpacks.

The wifi switch is jiggly but manageable.

It technically has a speaker. Best headphones in the world dont change the fact that its audio fidelity is purely functional as everything sounds like it has a double digit bitrate.

Vertical resolution is 800p so it still has a leg up on modern consumer grade laptops with 766p resolutions.

No trackpad, too small. Works for me, will never have an accidental palm click mid-paragraph.

The red nipple sticks occasionally but I quickly got used to countering it when it does.

Keyboard is literally the most comfy thing I have ever used that was connected to a screen.

iMac from 2012 with nVidia gtx 675mx memecard
Canon 5D mk ii from 2008 used with USSR lenses from 60s and 70s

hello, ususally from the R9k/ board here. I have a variety of diffrent computers that i pick up from used stores all over town and i am currently using
Macbook 07 model with LIon installed
Dell Latitude D620 with vista/linux puppy
HP ssf 6001 with windows 10
hp touchsmart with 8.1
levovo with win 10
old Dell xp machine with ubuntu
i am using the old dell in linux puppy right now to answer this post i prefer older tech something about it just FEELS right

Why it infuriates them?

Yeah, so a bit over 2.1ghz. Even then you can typically go faster but it's pointless. Makes more sense to trim latency. The memory controllers on these are really good considering the age.

Your RAM is probably running poorly because you're in dual channel mode on a triple channel board. These expect to see 3 or 6 sticks (or 6/12 on a 5520 base, sets of three basically). Your four slot board is kind of an oddball, but the trick is to just not use the fourth (black coloured) slot at all.

As for XMP it doesn't work for shit on X58 (early days) generally, but that aside, the profiles will be wrong being in dual channel mode anyway.

Pop a third stick in, leave XMP off, set everything manually and it should work.

No idea what RAM you have, but if it's meant to run 1.5v I'd set the multiplier to 12 (if your bclk is still 133mhz), up the voltage to 1.65v and throw the timings on something like 9-9-9-24. Fuck around with speed and latency from there and it should work fine. You might need to lower the multiplier to 10 if the RAM is trash.

Once you get it right set the Uncore to twice your DRAM frequency + 10%. So if your RAM was at 1800mhz your Uncore would be set to 3960mhz.

Hope that helps.

1360x720 vga and ddr2 ram
atleast its GNU'D

Oldest piece of tech I use everyday is a WD Black 1TB that's like 10 years old or so.. it's not my system drive which is SSD of course, but every time I wake that fucker up I'm scared today is gonna be the day he gives up the ghost. Thanks for reminding me I really need to buy a new HDD or two though.

Mid 2009 Macbook Pro, 2006 Dell 2407WFP, Xbox 360 for gaymen

overclocked q8200,8gb ddr2 and a gt740
works like a champ on photoshop and illustrator and plays my vidya nicely.
might be getting a 1050ti but i'm not planning to upgrade the whole system

iMac 2006 with Linux in my garage

Still using my 2010 18.4inch Acer Aspire 8942G.

I'm in the process of upgrading my computer - from i3-2100 to an i5-3570, and from a HD 6670 to a GTX 780 (psu, etc). Everything worked well before the change.

Suspicious my jerking around with it is really me just trying to kill it, so I can upgrade to snazzy Sup Forums meme components, play with pretty cable layouts and have a photo set for the build threads here.

>GTX 780
For what purpose

Makes a huge difference to Overwatch. But look at gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-HD-6670-vs-GeForce-GTX-780 and scroll past the first bit to the test score comparisons. Not great for the latest games but better for old stuff and non-games. The same price as a new 750Ti so..

where are you that buying a 780 is a good idea

buy a fucking 570

>DDr lepe
?

For triple-channel, I'd have to find a stick with the same everything as the other two pretty much.

I'm using this RAM
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0AJ5RC1879&cm_re=Mushkin_stealth_PC3-12800-_-20-226-404-_-Product

I got it on sale a year or so ago for $40, and a single 8GB stick of the stuff is fucking bonkers right now.

So yeah, apparently all the Socket 1366 mobos had this triple-channel thing for whatever reason and it Mcfucked up everything, so I'm stuck with what I have right now.

Hoping to ditch the whole setup and get a new Ryzen system sometime, or just Ebay a newer socket i7+mobo and resuse my RAM.

Thanks for the help though man, much appreciated.