What coding language should I learn first?

Hey Sup Forums I want to learn how to code but don't know what language to start with. What do you guys suggest?

Other urls found in this thread:

cprogramming.com/tutorial/c-tutorial.html
learn-c.org/
learncpp.com/
cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/
cprogramming.com/tutorial/c -tutorial.html
en.cppreference.com/
isocpp.org/faq
learnpython.org/
codecademy.com/en/tracks/python
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Programming_resources
alvand.basu.ac.ir/~dezfoulian/files/Programming/Prentice Hall - The C Programming Language- Brian W. Kernighan, Dennis M. Ritchie, 2nd ed., ISBN .pdf
icube-icps.unistra.fr/img_auth.php/d/db/ModernC.pdf
iso-9899.info/wiki/Main_Page#Stuff_that_should_be_avoided
iso-9899.info/wiki/Books
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

html

Python.

>coding language

C

blockly

So you want to learn programming?

Pick a starting language. For beginners, there are generally two recommended "programming families" that you can choose to start learning:
-Dynamically typed/interpreted programming languages, such as: Python, Perl, Ruby
-Statically typed/compiled programming languages, such as: C, C++, C#

These are amongst the most popular languages in use worldwide, including 4 from the top 5. Both approaches are perfectly fine, and well-documented.
-Dynamically typed programming may be a bit more flexible, convenient, and forgiving. It is more popular in academia.
-Statically typed programming is a bit more suited for making general applications. It is more popular in industries.

Cannot decide? Flip a coin.

If you choose statically typed/compiled programming, you may want to start with C, then pick up C++. C is very well documented, and teaches many universal programming concepts. C++ is based on C, and adds new concepts. Sources:
For C:
The C Programming Language (K&R)
C Primer Plus (Prata)
cprogramming.com/tutorial/c-tutorial.html
learn-c.org/

For C++:
learncpp.com/
cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/
cprogramming.com/tutorial/c -tutorial.html
en.cppreference.com/
isocpp.org/faq

If you choose dynamically typed/interpreted programming, you may want to start with Python. It is very easy to pick up. Here are some good sources:
learnpython.org/
codecademy.com/en/tracks/python

>BUT I WANT MORE SOURCES!
Read: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Programming_resources

>BUT I WANNA START WITH [language x] INSTEAD!
Sure, if you like. But the languages above are considered good for beginners.

>BUT I WANNA MAKE A COOL WEBSITE!
Learn HTML, CSS, and Javascript.

>BUT I WANNA MAKE iPHONE GAMES!
Learn Objective C and/or Swift.

>BUT I WANNA MAKE ANDROID GAMES!
Learn Java.

>BUT I WANNA MAKE PC GAMES!
Learn patience.

HolyC

Kotlin

Wow, thats extremely helpful! Thanks!

alvand.basu.ac.ir/~dezfoulian/files/Programming/Prentice Hall - The C Programming Language- Brian W. Kernighan, Dennis M. Ritchie, 2nd ed., ISBN .pdf

cs50 uses C and Python (and Scratch).

assembly

Javascript because it's everywhere and you can start by hitting F12 and typing arithmetic in the console.

which one?

i386

>The C Programming Language (K&R)

No. It's 2017.

icube-icps.unistra.fr/img_auth.php/d/db/ModernC.pdf

Yeah, but which assembler?

scheme

iso-9899.info/wiki/Main_Page#Stuff_that_should_be_avoided

iso-9899.info/wiki/Books

C > x86 asm >C++ (OOP/patterns + data structures and algorithims).Look into the free courses at MIT,Berkeley, etc

nasm and do x86

If you want to do some quick hack, like web scraping or batch scripting, Python is the way to go. Clean and minimal code.

But if you want to be in the industry then an Object Oriented language like Java is a good start. Android is Java. My only gripe with this language is the unnecessary shit you have to type to get anything done.

First K&R should be good enough, after that you can read modernC.