When did you out grow out the laptop meme

and return to comfy desktops?

> No more dealing with shit batteries.
> Far more control over the hardware (unless you're an Applefag, but we already said you are an adult, there are not Macs).
> Even a crappy membrane keyboard and mouse is million times better than a shit notepad keyboard and trackpad.
> Same thing with monitors.
> Superior I/O options.
> Better Preformance/Price ratio.

Unless you are a super important business person (maybe academic? In any case, 99% of you are neither), you don't really need that much mobile computing. A smartphone is adequate for such tasks. Maybe a tablet.

You don't need to accept the compromises of the modern laptop.

I agree,I have 4 laptops 3 stupid phones 2desktops several PLC machines.

And I gotta admit that I need just 1 laptop for data unlocking and transfer. Everything else is just "style" thing to show off.
Said laptop I need would be about 400$

but when i'm at home my multi-monitor setup with all that horse-power at small price[compared to proper laptop] is just soo comfy

If I was really poor,I'd own just smart phone with windows+keyboard. Or buy something used. I know that both android and i-os are better but for work windows on phone can be really strong.

Are you some kind of poor scrub that can't afford to have both?
Would explain the asshurt

>he doesn't kode on the plane

>Are you some kind of poor scrub that can't afford to have both?
>Would explain the asshurt

I just want to be as efficient as possible with my money. What's wrong with that?

You can't use a desktop in bed for maximum comfiness.

When I moved out I only brought my laptop and my smartphone. If I don't bring it out of the home I remove the battery and leave it plugged in.

Took it apart and added an SSD, it now fully boots in 4 seconds. Unless you still play videogames or need the specs for work, desktops are unnecessary.

>If I don't bring it out of the home I remove the battery and leave it plugged in.

How often you bring it outside?

>desktop PC at home for serious business and gayming
>laptop for serious business on the go
>tablet for various kinds of entertainment and maybe some photo editing on the go
>smartphone for reading stupid shit while taking a shit or waiting for the bus

>implying you can fly with laptops

There's maybe a year of that left, it's gonna be totally banned

>2018-1
>not having multiple pcs

I should move to laptop.

Desktop is just too comfy, makes addiction that much worse.

>not tucking the keyboard part under your sweatshirt and holding the screen like a tablet when landing
Quit spreading FUD.

>owning pcs and not just an iPhone

I have a desktop at home, I use a laptop to program at college. both are vital to me.

Using laptops exclusively since 2006. They run all the software I need(including games), I only need to care about one configuration because I can carry it, they support SSDs and most importantly I can use them in my bed. In fact it's my main use case.

Because some people have these things called "patios". They're pretty and much more interesting than drywall.

Second year of college.

found the basement dwelling neckbeard, what's it like to sleep in cheeto dust and cum rags?

> No more dealing with shit batteries.
Gonna be honest, I keep my laptop on the charger most of the time, so this is less of a problem. That said, batteries have been getting pretty decent over the years.

> Far more control over the hardware (unless you're an Applefag, but we already said you are an adult, there are not Macs).
If you need a strong video card, you are likely better off using a desktop. For nearly all other circumstances, a laptop is better.

> Even a crappy membrane keyboard and mouse is million times better than a shit notepad keyboard and trackpad.
> Same thing with monitors.
Maybe, but it's not worth keeping the machine in a fixed position, especially not having to sit at a fucking desk.

> Superior I/O options.
Everything these days is USB. Who gives a damn?

> Better Preformance/Price ratio.
Maybe, but again, it's not worth the loss of portability.

>not using your pc in bed

>well equipped used thinkpad is $150
>gotta spend literally $700 in desktop parts to match specs on a fucking laptop

you know what fuck off OP, only gamer virgin retards buy desktops

>well equipped used thinkcenter for $150
>gotta spend $700 to match specs on a fucking desktop

you know what fuck off faggot, only brainlets nigger cucks buy laptops

If you're gonna buy a shitty prebuilt enterprise desktop with non-standard motherboard railings and foxconn quality garbage parts in it, why even bother being chained to your desk?
Just buy a laptop.

How the fuck am I supposed to masturbate with the keyboard that close

If you're gonna buy a shitty underpowered laptop with an eye cancer screen and foxconn quality garbage parts in it, why even bother being a batterylet?
Just buy a desktop.

>get nice laptop
>dock it
>don't be a gaymur retard

Wow, best of both worlds. If you're not a poorfag and you really want a desktop, get both.