How do you feel about Nvidia selling more GTX 680s and 780s than AMD sold 290s and 390s, Sup Forums?

How do you feel about Nvidia selling more GTX 680s and 780s than AMD sold 290s and 390s, Sup Forums?

Sad for AMD, or happy that Nvidiot cucks got what they deserved in getting cards that became garbage just a few years after release?

Lets not forget those 750Ti and how many idiots bought up those, too.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6eNVv2yhDVE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Gaymurz kept buying Nvidia when they were releasing hot garbage like Thermi. They deserve nothing but contempt.

Nvidia owners aren't poor and upgraded years ago. Nobody cares about the GTX 780 in 2017 except AyyyyyyyyMD poorfags buying them used on eBay to try and say that they're part of the Nvidia master race.

Get fucked.

That card isn't even 4 years old you fucking retard. "Hurr durr I'm not poor", fucking kill yourself.

I bought a GTX980 at launch simply because it was the fastest card on the market and I hate nVidia.

It is what it is. Most Nvidia owners upgrade with every new release anyway so I'm sure they don't care. My 390 has been good to me and that's all that really matters.

Sure glad I bought a 980 ti the fury x

>May 23, 2013
>isn't even 4 years old

Don't they teach you how to count over there in India, Rajesh?

Only the poorest of poorfags keeps a graphics card for four years or more. Most people upgrade once a year, or every couple of years at most. Literally nobody except AyyyyyyyyyMD losers cares about Kepler or 3.5GB or whatever other Nvidia "problem" you're currently obsessed with.

Maybe we should talk about how AyyyyyyyyyMD's current flagship card on that chart is 35% slower than Nvidia's current mid-range instead.

780 seems pretty low on that graph. Shouldn't it still be at 970 level?

I buy all my components used and from time to time I buy GTX 680's. Still OK for 1080p even though I prefer AMD.

So they're not showing 7970/280x?

970 is equivalent to 780ti, 780 owners were screwed hard for buying that shit.

amd will be fine so im glad nvidiots get shafted

>The 780 only just scrapes through with 60fps at 1080p on Rocket League.

Its time to consider suicide, ncucks.

Is that picture you after getting cucked by Nvidia so hard you're forced to upgrade every 2 years?

Most of the games tested were from when the card was 2-3 years old.
The nearly 6 year old 7970 is better.

>1070
>Nvidia's current mid-range
Yeah, you're retarded.

Ive got a 750ti for 20 bucks and im happy with it

The 1070 is objectively a mid-range card, and you're retarded if you think otherwise. The x70 cards have literally always been upper mid-range.

Titan Xp
Titan X
1080 Ti
1050 Ti

Literally, in the literal sense, mid-range. Of course, it'd be AyyyyyyyMD's flagship card by a large distance, but that's irrelevant.

Titan X/Xp was just Nvidia gouging their retarded fanbase as usual.

Mid range is dictated by pricing

Okay, then the 1070 would then be classed as low end compared to the Titan Xp on price. AyyyyyyyMD unable even to compete with Nvidia's low end and completely BTFO confirmed!

Interesting post

Forget the 290 and 390, check out the 7970/280. Those cards are still really fucking relevant in 2017. Bonus points for 7950 owners who unlocked to a 7970.

Contempt from a nameless anonymous throwaway post

Oh no

>I am desperate to avoid admitting NCuckia cucks me on a regular basis: The post

>Lets not forget those 750Ti and how many idiots bought up those
750 Ti was a fine card.

>I am poor and desperately jealous of people with nice things: The Post: The Movie: The Videogame

So far all you've manage to do is shit up this thread with desperate deflection by admitting Nvidia obsoletes it's shit and then coming up with retarded bullshit about how only poorfags don't upgrade their GPUs every 3-4 years like good little cucks.

>accuse others of deflecting
>make a post full of deflection and ad hominem attacks

What did you mean by this?

I've always wondered if these shitty threads are posted by legit paid shills

>pointing out that nvidia drops support faster than your mom drops her pants in a whorehouse is "shilling"
Ok then.

If only AMD would stop making their GPU bitcoin mining friendly, it would stop people buying nvidia.

I only bought a GTX 770 because AMD cards were sold out.

It happens about once a generation and they're out of stock for a month, then the second hand market is flooded with them ..

>tfw my Sapphire 290 is 980 tier these days
Top fucking kek.

6xx series was agains amd 7xxx series.
7xx series was just rebranded 6xx series.

Yeah, they should completely change their architecture so people buy less of their GPUs

wish they just support Freesync
the 1070 is really tempting to pick up

750 Ti was peachy if you were smart on sales/coupons/rebates and got it for pocket change.

Paying $130 for it would be pretty stupid, though.

1080p144hz freesync + 290x/580 > 1080p144hz no adaptive sync + 1070

The 780 beat the shit out of the 390 when they were each respectively released. So unless you could see the future, your question is retarded.

>still using a 680 or 780

is*
I'm still on mine from 2014 and it runs everything I want it to just fine; maybe not AAA games as well but I don't play AAA's on anyways.

>comparing nvidia cards a generation earlier to newer AMD cards
the proper comparison is 780 vs 290, 980 vs 390

>picking up a GPU now when vega is around the corner
Wait for vega, if it disappoints cop the 1070.

Why would I support a specific brand? As soon as one releases a better one that's cheap enough I will switch.
Brand loyalty is for applefags and carfags.

>The 780 beat the shit out of the 390 when they were each respectively released

Nice meme, mate. Even the throttling reference 290 was generally on par with or slightly better than the 780 when it came out. By the time the 390 came around nearly two years later, it wasn't even close.

wut? my gtx 760 can do that.

Shit, even my 750Ti plays just fine on Rocket League at 1080P 90ishFPS average

Completely indifferent. I thought 290s and 390s were shit because of the retarded power consumption. I don't really have any reason to like Kepler either, though. It was a shit generation all around. I'm glad I wanted for the GTX 9xx series to upgrade.

Nah, they actually age tons better than NVIDIA cards.

I don't give a shit how they age, if I need more performance I buy a new part. I want them to be good to begin with. Having 1-5 FPS better frame rates 4 years down the line isn't an argument for buying a part.
Both 290X and 390X still have problems with dual monitor setup by the way and they have been on the market forever. Much higher power consumption than Nvidia cards because clocks are set higher when a second monitor is connected. More power consumption idle = less autonomy time = fuck off AMD, fix it already.

They did fix it for Fury X by the way, but the problem came right back with RX 480. I heard from the grapevine that they did fix it again for the RX 580 but I have no confirmation of it.
'
Oh yeah, I almost forgot. It's been years now and their DX11 driver still sucks balls. As does their OpenGL driver. From where I'm standing it really doesn't look like AMD intends to fix either of these.

The RX 480 will be faster than the GTX 1070 in ~2 years or maybe even less. Mark this post.

They sold more to gamers, but did they sell more? 290s were selling like crazy to miners and going for like $600, which unfortunately drove me to Nvidia.
I'm very glad to be rid of my Kepler card, and anyone who buys another Nvidia card after owning a Kepler deserves to be cucked.

>22 game average

I'm glad it's not a MacBook praise thread. What graphics card should I buy Sup Forums?

Budget?
Resolution/FrameRateTarget?
What games?
Freesync or G-Sync (if you have a monitor that supports either)?

wait for Volta II in 2019

>dx11 driver sucks balls
>still beats out the competition

what does that tell you

It doesn't, though. That's the problem. It beats the competition if you have a really high clocked CPU which I don't. I have low clock speed and lots of cores.

TOPK1K
youtube.com/watch?v=6eNVv2yhDVE

>Being a consumer
>Buying a new card every year for 5 fps

>It doesn't, though. That's the problem. It beats the competition if you have a really high clocked CPU which I don't. I have low clock speed and lots of cores.
are you claiming that the cpu overhead from their DX11 driver is enough to suddenly make the card scale worse than the 780? I highly doubt that's the case and it's just a bottleneck.

I ain't comparing it to the 780. Where did you get that idea from? I have a GTX 980 which is also competition for the 290 and 390 series of AMD cards.

Either way, the DX11 driver being balls is a very minor gripe for me and makes the cards perform worse than they should. I wouldn't even care about it if the actual problems like high power consumption and shitty dual monitor condition weren't there. I can handle shittier frame rates in both absolute and comparative terms, I can't handle the card boosting up for 2 monitors.

Does it really matter? Our cards are all outdated.

I understand you want one last victory or a pat on the back that it was (you) who made the right choice. But it really doesn't matter anymore.

the 290x is comparable to the 1060 which is the fastest selling GPU at the moment, but nice try

I apologize for assuming you were talking about the 780 which was the direct competitor to the 290 when it came out (and is essentially the same card as the 390, which really competes with the 970).

The main competitor for the 980 the 390x which compared to the 980 comes short many times in 1080p but scales well into 1440p.

People really bought into the 970 for power efficiency and the 780 because who the fuck knows, it was the nvidia flagship I guess?

>for 5 fps

Really made me think.

You don't find it embarrassing wasting time arguing over low end cards when their are children out there with products that performs 60% better?

You need to disassociate yourself to realize how silly it is. Would you give a shit if someone were to start an iPhone 4 vs Galaxy S3 argument now?

I'd still rather have a 3.5 inch wood screw than a 390 or a 290, but I make an explicit point of not buying crippled cards.

That includes 290 and 390 by the way. They have disabled stream processors.

>moral superiority on what AMD does vs Nvidia does

user don't be dumb, it's a product that performs roughly where they wanted it to perform. And in some cases where it wasn't laser cut you could reactivate the stream processors.

It was probably just due to lack of demand for the 290X and 390X, where the regular 90's were selling more but they didn't have enough supply. It's not some conspiracy

if the market king was a iphone 4 equivalent?
Absolutely.
Not so nice try this time :/

It's a too late for validation.

Where the fuck do you see any moral component here? I want the fully enabled shit, not the cut down shit.

That is called an aesthetic preference, it has absolutely nothing to do with ethics.

how is it aesthetic in any way

user you lost me on aesthetic preference

Feel free to buy what you want for why you want to buy it but you've totally lost me here. Keep in mind this is a board where people buy chunky thinkpads with no aesthetics at all

I have a better question, how is it a moral preference?
It's aesthetic because it's my subjective preference based on my likes and dislikes.

Cut down GPU vs a fully intact GPU is not a right/wrong dichotomy. Cutting some shader groups/memory bus/whatever off the GPU to sell it at a cheaper price is not morally wrong. I just don't want to buy it. Because I don't like it.
It is an aesthetic preference.

it's purely utilitarian in nature.
290x owners have and can still happily game at satisfying levels after 4 years comparably to regular jerkoffs who buy their 200$+ 1060 gpu today roughly 1300 days later.

It's an amazing feat and something to be celebrated.

Some people feel like AMD is being deceitful by selling you a full die but laser cut so you can't actually use the whole thing. Just like how others feel like nvidia shortchanges them by not selling full size gpu dies on their flagship cards, and instead opting to use them in halo products like titans.

This comes down to honesty and some people feel like it's morally wrong to lie about the products you are selling/can sell. My assumption was that your line of thinking at least considered this. I guess you're just that guy who jerks off to die shots. Nothing wrong with that, there's a guy who has a fap folder full of tiles.

> became garbage just a few years after release?
Then why does my 680 still just about max everything out at 1080p, even when its unoptimized Unity trash?

because unoptimized unity trash is not actually demanding, it's just unoptimized

I sometimes come to this board and I start scratching my head trying to understand the purpose of threads like these.

Unoptimized trash is like the definition of taxing
"Hey render these frames"
"Okay but you wrote it like a fucking retard so it's gunna take 100% gpu utilization"

why would i be sad for amd?

nvidia consumers got cucked once again and i feel bad for them

atleast the kepler and newer will be supported by vulkan even though nvidia/microsoft probably wont have dx12

>Using gimped gpu driver scores to assert purchase.

I ask you this: How are AMD being deceitful when they specify the technical parameters of the device they are selling correctly? Even nvidia was technically correct with the specifications of the GTX 970 even though through architectural peculiarities, the paper specifications were misleading to the uninformed consumer. Maybe they got the ROP and L2 numbers wrong, though. I don't remember. I think they might have gotten those wrong.

Either way nobody is lying most of the time. They are not telling you "we are selling you this fully intact device with all the features on the chip enabled". They are telling you "we sell a device with these specifications at this price."
I'm unhappy with said specifications in some cases, like with the 970, 290, Titan Xp and R9 Fury for example, but that's just a preference that affects me.

I can tell YOU thought this through but I am pointing out that some people feel that
>THE DIE HAS THIS MANY SHADERS. WHY CAN'T I USE THEM ALL? AMD LIED TO ME!

It's not hard to understand that they didn't ACTUALLY lie about what they sold you, but the physical presence of those shaders made some people upset.

>aesthetic
Your not using that word right. I know it's a trendy word but you can't just use it how you want and not confuse people.

Even 290s and 390 were pretty affordable compared to the top end Nvidia cards, and they still perform reasonably well. Sure, I won't be playing 4K on them, and I can't max out the settings on most recent games (except DOOM 2016 because of amazing Vulkan support), but I can drop the settings down a little and get a consistent 60 FPS.

My 390 is a comfy card. I'll upgrade in a year or so in all likelihood, but it's serving me well.

consider that the reason people call them unoptimized is that despite running every other game well, this one runs at the same speed as a gtx 680

Your card will struggle to max many games at 1080p from the last couple years. That's fine, but don't delude yourself into thinking that you're anywhere near the performance of even a fury, 980, or even a 780 ti.

yes the 290 was about 280$?

Their presence makes me upset too. Upset with the fact that I can't use them. Which is why I don't buy said products.
It is, of course, retarded to consider their presence and state of being disabled a "lie" of some sort.

I am using it correctly. I don't know what you think I mean when I say that, but I clearly don't mean whatever that might be - if you think the word is not apt.

My english teacher once told me "write for your audience". In this case your audience is Sup Forums. So probably don't use words in ways that aren't commonly used if you want to communicate effectively. I'm not the highest example of somebody who is well read but I'm not a cretin either. That said, the way you used aesthetic is not the common vernacular usage, at least right now. Most people assume it just means the object's physical attractiveness or stylistic uniqueness.

Also just because you don't assume it's a moral issue didn't stop people from crying that it was. See my other post here

>Your card will struggle to max many games at 1080p from the last couple years.
Literally false.
The only game I've played that's come out in the last 5 years that I couldnt max out was Hitman 2016.

medium is not "maxing out"

I do not assume it's not a moral issue, I know it's not a moral issue. It can't be a moral issue.
There is no way for you or anyone else to justify the claim that a fully intact GPU is the objectively correct choice vs a cut down GPU without completely discarding aspects such as price or bringing it down to subjective level. Eg "it's better for me."

Also, Sup Forums isn't so dense that they can't figure out what a word means when they receive adequate context through a conversation. The day Sup Forums becomes dense enough for me to be required to dumb down my vocabulary is the day it ceases to exist as a community where people are capable of thinking about and comprehending written word.

A day I hope will not come.

Aesthetic is beauty or personal preference for beauty and that's how it is used these days.

He's not using the word because hes smart hes using it because he likes vapor wave. But you are right about your audience, an extreme example would be if I said "I had a gay time over the weekend", once a common thing to say. Mean't something else 30 years ago.

I get 113fps in RE7 max settings 1600p with a 390x
Fo4 is a bitch but I get locked 60fps ultra tex, high everything except shadow distance and god rays. partially due to the old i5

My friend just received his GB 580 XTR and I am curious on how they'll stack up.

the day came LONG ago friend. And morals are subjective. Some people will look at it and claim it is one. You do not. That's fine.

What the fuck who made that graph? I never dip below 120 fps with a 390x. Most of the time stable at 144

why is the 1050 ti such a shit?