quora.com/What-programming-languages-are-used-at-SpaceX
pdl.perl.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I can't, you are right.
Both are pretty shit, though.

Is there numpy alternative for Perl?

this.
NUMPY MASTERRACE

Why is Sup Forums so obsessed with python?

Because it's easy to learn and supported by tons of additional API's

Full of Sup Forums learning babbys first language

is there a matplotlib alternative for Perl?

>both are pretty shit
Excuse me?

actually python can do some science and math; which is not very handy in perl, so it's actually useful for that

>"scientific" ad hoc garbage when a properly compiled language would be appropriate
because they strife for mediocrity

scientists and mathematicians (programmers are neither) do not have time to write lowlife-level code, so they use Python or R instead.

Not that guy, but I prefer an improved version of perl. Like, say Ruby.

Fortran (for example) isn't lowlevel.
Also, they have the time. Just not the skill.

Numpy wraps around native code you mong. And I doubt you ever created anything of value (nor worked in science) if you think Python isn't the right tool for the job.

this and people don't want to learn specific languages for each tasks, so they learn python because you can do science, scripting, server solutions for websitesin general ,games or software ; or at least have basic knowledge in those fields.

Well paying a mathematician for doing hours of shit work on a low level language is fuckin expensive. Scripting that shit with numpy in minutes saves time and money. No one cares if it takes 2MB ram more or less. Computing power is cheap

yeah one of the professors at my uni (math dept) does work for the chairforce and uses the forchan programming language

I can understand why you want efficiency and low resource use for something like embedded systems, but if you're just going to run a quick script why bother?

Because those NEETs on Sup Forums do not realize how fucking expensive manhours are and how cheap oversized computers are in comparison

Scientific computing relies on tons of unreadable messy Fortran libraries and nobody wants more of it

python is never the right tool, there are comfier and less error prone languages for scripting, as well as pretty much anything is more performant if you want to do serious work. Python 2-3 are the worst of all the worlds, but hey, Google bandwagoned it once, it must be good

>python is never the right tool
someone had better tell NASA. We would have colonized Uranus if only we had listened to this user.

>t. neet fuck

But it's impossible for a language to be wrose than perl.

kek
>the 300k meme
I know, that just means relevant function calling overhead when calling the high level Fortran/C++ function you mong could have called in C++/Fortran with no additional effort instead.
>b-but I can't actually program, user
Unlike most scientist I had the "fortune" working with I actually create things of value.
That said, I once created a download script using Python. Turns out it isn't even then the right tool for the job because http libraries are a fucking mess and I'd be better of with bash scripts.

>implying faked moonlandings requires python
>implying private space industry not cucking nasa RIGHT NOW

tell em champ

At least one can pretend to be a Perl programmer for the edge factor.

spacex and blue origin use python as well

every organization who hires pajeets use a bit of python, who cares if your website runs django?

quora.com/What-programming-languages-are-used-at-SpaceX

>>the 300k meme
it is not a meme you retarded mongoloid.

tl;dr:
>It's all sweet C++. C is for brainlets, btw.
Those are actual engineers, after all.
That's all fine, but actual software and embedded systems is all that matters when judging a programming language. Ad hoc shit that scientists- especially numeric ones - produce doesn't.

>t. pizza scientist

>Some teacher tells me "hey man if you want to start, try python, I have a friend that's making a lot of money with python"

I don't get why you're so butthurt about python, it's just an easy solution to do a lot of different stuff in no time
Also I don't want to imagine your skills at coding if you struggled using python's http library

Perl Data Language
pdl.perl.org/

>you are nothing but a retard
Prove me wrong.