Just received 2k from my grand parents and I need a new computer

Just received 2k from my grand parents and I need a new computer.

Why shouldn't I but the new 5K iMac, Sup Forums ? And what should I buy ?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/zLb3QV
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Buy $300 chinkpad. Spend the rest on whores.

Do it.

If you want a Mac, buy a used Mac Pro for $1600 or so and spend the rest on a monitor.

>5K monitor for $400

Do you really need a reference quality 5K monitor though? A decent 4K can be had for $400.

I think they are good computers, just make sure you get one with an SSD and max it out as much as you can, you won't be able to add more ram or storage later on.

Not gonna lie. In your situation I would have done it, but it depends on what you actually want it for. It's probably not the best bang for your buck. I'm just a fagwaffle.

Buy a ThinkPad X220 with 16GB of RAM and an SSD and install Ubuntu MATE or Xubuntu or Debian on it for like $400. Then spend about $800 on a mid range desktop. You can buy OS X compatible parts and hackintosh it if you want. Save the rest.

Since we're on this topic

I have a dated ass PC I use with hackintosh. An i5 4460 with a 280x and 16GB of RAM. Is there any macbook pro that could provide me with a similar performance?

Consider whether in x years when you want to upgrade (prolly 5-7 years these days) you'll be able to afford similar or have to suffer a downgrade.

What do you need it for? If it's casual shit posting a Mac with an extra screen will do

not much actually, I already have an iMac (a 2013 one with a shitty HDD so I kinda hate it).

I want a good screen to watch movies, play a few games on bootcamp (I don't really care about much graphics, as long as I can play some stuff like GTA V, CS GO and a few indie games I'm good). I'm also planning to start mounting videos so I need something that can run Final Cut, so I guess the whole 5K thing is good.

>$2k

buy a Honda Ruckus instead

Just checked the refurb.

Wondering if I should take a New iMac with a Radeon Pro 575 and a 1to Fusion Drive (24g of SSD) or an older one with 2TO Fusion Drive (128g of SSD) and a AMD Radeon R9 M395 ?

They're both the same price, but I don't really feel like buying a computer which came out in 2015

Don't waste your time on a 5k machine yet. There isn't enough 5k content yet. I would wait until it catches on with film makers to buy one.

Always buy the most expensive Apple product you can afford. If you can't afford the most expensive one then you must be poor so you might as well just buy a PeeCee lol.

I could buy a lot of whores with 1700 ameribucks.

This goy. Hookers and beer.

this. anything but a computer

ELITE
L
I
T
E

No, champ. You should totally buy overpriced aging tech. That's how the pro's roll.

You shouldn't buy an iMac, but since you're even considering it I don't think it's worth my time trying to convince you otherwise. So yeah, buy an iMac.

Where you gonna get the others 3K from?

This, if you want you can hackintosh the thinkpad as well.

>spending every penny you get on Apple devices
Do it, you fit right in their target audience.

I'm actually thinking about buying this but I don't want to be ridiculed for riding a scooter
It does look pretty badass though

no it doesnt
nobody will care and youll be beta forever

save some money, buy the quad core model (the cheaper one) and plug a RX 570/RX 580 on it with a akitio thunder 3 box.

If looking for a laptop
13': razer blade, alienwear r13, hp spectre x360, dell xps, apple memebook
15': lg gram, apple memebook
17': dont buy a 17'

desktop:
corsair one, or build one for your self

all-in-one:
Lenovo Y910 or a digital storm

thats actually a good idea

Wtf that's the best looking scooter I've ever seen

Did Lenovo stop bundling spyware in their systems yet? Why anyone would recommend Lenovo anymore is beyond me...

That's so awful looking. I've never seen a vehicle that embodied the spirit of a high-school kid wearing a trench coat before though, so at least it's unique.

What service did you perform to receive the $2k?

calm down satan, lolnovo is just as bad as the others

pcpartpicker.com/list/zLb3QV

>he thinks the 5k monitor is for watching 5k content
>doesn't realize it's deliberately made for 4k content + menus at the same time

>le epic X220 maymay xD

What if you wanna watch 4k movies on it? Isn't it gonna look a little off if you don't have a menu open like most people wont

is this the new hot meme?

Why would you even want one of those things? You could build a desktop that will kick all the ass you need for ~$1,200 or so, and you could upgrade whatever as it got outdated.

Build a Hackintosh, get a 4k monitor and a 1080/1070 if you can fit it in the budget.

All sounds great until you realize you have 1367x768 resolution, and that can never upgraded.

No thanks.

Ever heard of Letterboxing?

>Hookers and cocaine.
fixed

You won't get another 2k in 4 years when this one becomes to slow. Build a pc and put the rest of your money in a savings account.

Is it 27"? I'd just get an SSD installed in it and bump the RAM to at least 16GB, then save the rest of the money. Then get a new machine in a year or two. A 2013 iMac still has some life in it with a few upgrades.

You shouldn't buy one because the new ones are coming out with USB-C and Thunderbolt 3 (along with external GPU support)

You should buy one because they're the most beautiful screens you'll likely be able to afford any time soon, along with the best daily use desktop OS.

>when this one becomes to slow
That's not how computers work

It's retarded to have the factory installed RAM bumped up. Get the lowest option and install it yourself. Apple wasn't being fucking retarded for once and they allow you to upgrade the RAM on the 27" model.

>2013 iMac still has some life
If you can't use an iMac from 2013 then you're probably an idiot for buying an iMac in the first place. A fucking laptop from 2010 should cover most of Sup Forums and the world's computer needs.

no, but thats how apple works

>new iphone comes out
>suddenly an update for every previous iphone
>previous gen iphone that came out 18 months ago is 20% slower after update

they sandbag every one of their products after enough time because in apple culture its lame to have a mac/macbook/iphone/ipad that came out more than 3 years ago

I guess you mean that they're influencing their users to upgrade? I didn't know that

>no, but thats how apple works
It's not. I had a 2012 rMBP with 8GB of RAM and it barely runs worse than my 2015 iMac 5k. Stop blindly parroting all the bullshit Sup Forums tells you, it just makes you look like an idiot.

hehe i got u

hows it feel to reply to my post when the only reason i posted it was to get you to reply? who is the idiot now hahahahaha cant believe u took the bait m8 hahahahaHAAHAHAHAH

It's a 21, and I'm gifting it to my little sister so I need a new machine. Plus I don't think you can update 21" iMac

>a 2nd gen mobile i5/i7 barely runs worse than 6th gen desktop i7

Of course it doesn't since all you do is update your facebook you fucking dick choker. This is why no one takes mactoddlers seriously.

What do you use your computer for then?
You're clearly not doing anything worthwhile at the moment. The fact you think you need a fast computer to effectively use your time is a sign that you probably don't do anything productive outside of stuff for work.
Let me guess you watch anime in your free time.

> Beer and cocaine
fixed

>5k monitor
>content for 5k monitor that shows off its ability
Which one exists that isn't benchmarks or something boring

Just do whatever you want faggot, why do you need some anonymous autists to convince you to not buy a thing?

>1366x768

FUCKING LMAO AHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAH

Yeah, as an X220 owner I could never defend such resolution. I don't care the screen is small. Also fuck doing that FHD mod.

Ask /pcbg/

if this was a 2 seater youd get mad pussy

Everyone uses these in college

Build a real fucking desktop, obviously. You don't need a 4k monitor, let alone 5k. QHD IPS monitor, Ryzen 1600, wait for a GTX 1070 to sell for 300.

If you're considering the mac because you're some kind of media professional editing photo or video, maybe mention that so we know how important color accuracy and thunderbolt are to your use case.

>tfw I tried to meme Honda Ruckus on /o/ a few years ago
>tfw it failed
>tfw this user is stealing my idea but spamming it on Sup Forums