When did you grow out of PC and realize that apple were the good guys?

when did you grow out of PC and realize that apple were the good guys?

However, these days, Apple doesn't know what to fucking do.

c.ca 1998
never looked back

Early 00's.
Then in the early 10's I turned back.

That fugly ass taskbar

hey it was all the rage in 2004-5

When Mac Minis had user serviceable HDDs and RAM.

Needless to say, they stopped being the good guys a while ago.

as soon as I learned the bash shell and realized that Unix > not Unix.
And I just got sick of what a filthy hacked together piece of shit Windows is. It's a mess, even compared to Linux.

>ditched PowerPC for botnet shit from Jewtel
>"good guys"

>grew up using apple
>made fun of in the 90s/early 2000s
>then ipod happens
>then iphone
>tons of normies now use mac
>apple no longer cares about power users
>here have the new mac pro OMG ITS SOO SMALL XDDDD

Fuck apple

Anyone who likes this company now is a post-iphone convert that doesnt know any better

Baxk when it was Apple Computer Inc. things were great

When did you grow out of mactoddlerism and realize Apple is shit?

>Baxk when it was Apple Computer Inc.

Once you reach the top, there’s only one way, which is down. They ran out of ideas because no other company tries anything anymore and just follows Apple’s footsteps. Apple useed to be innovative because they looked at what the other companies did wrong and then made the right thing, in their own view of course.

Around 10 years ago. Grew out of Windows even earlier, 10 years ago was when I switched from Linux to Mac OS X.

How did your father take the news when he found out you suck cocks?

Closed ecosystems and walled gardens are never the good guys. Apple wants to control you just as much as Microsoft and Google want to control you. They just go about it in different ways.

>Were

>Apple iz gay xDDDD
This is an 18+ website. Come back in 6 years or so when you're old enough to be here.

2011. I dual booted or VM'ed Windows guest (work shit) on Linux native laptop from 2001 - 2011. Linux started just breaking in too many dumb ways. Too much of a time sink to get basic shit working. 2011 there was some GPU / X driver bugs that would kill X (which would also kill the Virtualbox VMs, so now there's TWO OS'es getting fuckulated). I said enough is enough and went Mac. I still have Win VM for work shit, and as many Linux VMs as I want. My native OS lets me start working 30 seconds after opening the lid of a brand new machine. It's pretty fucking nice. Windows and Linux can fuck up and crash in their VM sandboxes now.

You're thinking of iOS, OS X is not a walled garden.

A few years back, but then they didn't update OpenGL from 3.3 for like 5 years, so I nixed it.

I've not looked back, apparently they're only just up to 4.1, the AMD FOSS drivers are on 4.2 and that's a FOSS graphics driver, not developed by one the richest companies in the world.

>the good guy

ha ha what? they're all corporations looking to make money

apple just decided to focus on a particular wealthy niche of the market

>>Apple
This is an 18+ website. Come back in 6 years or so when you're old enough to be here.

I'm 21, you dumb nigger.

About 7 years ago. Macs are literal trash and only gullible fucktards or brainless idiots would unironically continue giving these kikes money after being burned once.

OSX is also shit and corrupts half your files for no fucking reason. People don't joke about is being a facebook machine for no reason, but not because of its primary function, but because this pile of shit can't do anything else.

>this pile of shit can't do anything else.
Epik meme

>Apple
Epik meme

>Apple sux
Epik meme

when did you grow out of mactoddlerism and realize that apple were the gay guys?

Corrupts half your files ? What the fuck ? What are you doing to your machine to get to this point ? Holy shit - I've never had a problem approaching this. I have however had ext4 / SSD etc bugs in Linux fucking things up...

2012, when I first gave them a try. Funny enough I didn't even want to because I thought all the positive the reviews were bought and the fucking glowing apple on the back was gay as shit but every other laptop manufactor really tried their best to discourage me from buying their crap.

Sure but at least they offer a superior product, and do respect privacy of the users a tad more. If Windows and Android weren't pure shit at the basics, the botnet aspects would be tolerable too.

>5% marketshare
>top
Fuck off iBabby

>millions of chinks and russians using shitty xp desktops are relevant

>macshit
>superior product

>look mom, I posted it again!

>look mom, im defending my fruit religion again!

>le Apple religion meme
xDDDD

it's funny bc it's true

also>>>>>>>

Nah

Never been there.

>tfw Android phones are superior because they are less cucked
>tfw they are built like shit
>tfw Android is terrible
>tfw they are cucked by Google who are even worse in many ways
>tfw Apple products are actually extremely comfy; it's like being a sacrificial animal where you get everything you want as long as you don't try to leave
>tfw I very nearly bought a Windows phone just to escape this hideous lose-lose dichotomy

Daily reminder.

>Dumb nigger
>Apple user
You're one to talk DeShawn

xD

When my work bought me a MBP and I had to try and data science on a HIPAA restricted win 7 pos Dell touchscreen doctor laptop

Based Apple

>piss off your target demo
>benefit by them overspending when they get emotional

well played cook

MACTODDLERS COOKED AGAIN

This
I got more work done in 3 hours after unboxing than I could with a Windows laptop

Ryan is pro-encryption

>grow out of PC
If you are using a Mac, you're still using a PC.

Autism

>grow out of PC
haven't
>realize apple were the good guys
prob 2002-2003

I'm just not interested in most of Apple's form factors. iPad Mini 4 is pretty much the only Apple device I'd want, and I can't justify the cost, especially when apps cost more too.

>A Mac is not a PC
I wonder how it feels to be this retarded. I hope for your sake that you're only pretending.

A week ago after I borrowed a friends MACBOOK.

What's with all the tech illiterate poorfags and pajeets on this board? Just a few years ago even Mac threads weren't this cancerous. Where did faithful old secure trip Macfag even disappear to?

Semantics with abbreviations aside, a PC is known as a computer that runs Windows or Linux, and a Mac is known as an Apple built computer that runs macOS. A Mac can be a PC if Windows is installed on it. PC is merely a label, what the abbreviation stands for shouldn't be taken literally

I just got my sister's old mac as my second laptop. I just erased this horrible shit designed for retarded hipsters named mac OS and installed Linux. Great hardware though.

When did Sup Forums forget that, even in death, SGI will always be the good guys?

>apple
>good guys
>vehemently opposes the right to repair

>the only thing not soldered on is the CPU lid

>Chinkphone reks iphone

When I took the first dick up my ass.

Okay, and what does that have to do with OS X?

ebin

When did you grow out of Apple's shitty marketing campaign and realize that Apples are PCs?

>implying anyone's actually dumb enough to think a Mac isn't a personal computer

>growing out of personal computer
What?

It just shows the top notch Apple engineering
Also your the first person who did not reply with venom leaking out of their post after I post this webm

>Also your the first person who did not reply with venom leaking out of their post after I post this webm
Because iPhones suck

>>chinkphone reks chinkphone

More I look at this the more I realize the iPhone 7 looks pretty dated for 2017. S6 Edge (2015) has less bezel.

How old are you, because you've obviously never heard of IBM PC

it's better now, so much faster

grand central dispatch is really amazing and they put that shit into everything they could which could benefit from parallelization and vector processing units

I want to buy a powerbook, anything I should keep in mind?

>muh cherry picked apps load 0.01 seconds faster

meanwhile even a top android still takes twice as long to load and render anything substantial

the titanium ones look nice but the hinges are shit and so is the area by the optical drive, both places tend to fail

get an aluminum one and prepare to pay extra if you need the 12" model

Alright, is there something that I can do to upgrade its hardware? I know it's probably not worthy to do so, but just in case.

Thanks.

>implying macs aren't personal computers
me not understand

I use both Macintosh and PC(IBM and Lenovo only). Both Macintosh and PC have their uses.

If you get a newer 12" model you can upgrade the screen from an XGA TN panel to an SXGA+ IPS panel. Other than that, the best you could do is add some SSDs and max the RAM at 1.25GiB

>trackpad
Okay, so the Macbook has a shit diving board trackpad. What's your benchmark for good trackpads? What laptop would you say has a great or even good trackpad?

>water damage
I spilled a soda all over my rMBP a couple years ago and it's still working. I know it could die at any day but all my data is backed up. Still working perfectly.

>fragile
I've dropped a ton of shit on my Macbook and also banged it up against other objects and it's not dented or otherwise marked. Has a few barely noticeable scratches

Samsung phones have interesting design but they're shit because Samsung loads them down with a bunch of useless software that can't be removed, then stops supporting them after a really short time. My parents Note 3s ($800 USD) are still on Android 5 iirc. My Dad's Galaxy Tab S 10.5 is also on Android 5. Android 8 is about to be released; absolutely unacceptable.

This. He should've tried scrolling up and down his FB feed on both at the same time then you would see the real difference between iOS and Android

(OP)

How much do you get paid for making these threads? Seriously, from one week to another Sup Forums is suddenly filled with pro-Apple threads.

They collaborate with NSA almost as much as Microsoft does. Never gonna get one.

PC - never used, wintel shit couldn't divide floating point numbers without fucking up.

Had a Sun Ultra series with a macbook in 2004. Switched to Macs exclusively in 2006. Even moved a 501c3 from windows to Macs with Freebsd on the servers and Citrix/Xen for the legacy MS-SQL stuff that they were planning to replace.

>not being gay
I bet you kiss girls you faggot.