Pneumatic or electric drill/rotary tool discussion? tools are technically tech, both have their downsides

pneumatic or electric drill/rotary tool discussion? tools are technically tech, both have their downsides

All i have to add is that my nicad dewalt batteries died and I bought a new lithium ion. The nicad ones have to be left on the charger or they'll die within days. The lithium batteries I have never charged in 8 months. Fucking A awesome.

Lion cordless with brushless motor is the best overall.
Air for pure power but tethered compressor.

Electric > pneumatic, as long as it is corded and 240V min.

Makita > Dewalt > Milwaukee

Our fine arts dept has been doing quite well with the 20v DeWalts, they stand up to some abuse. This is for set building and similar woodworking activities.

Automotive: air 100%.

>not a desktop thread or amd/intel shitfest.

Universal battery system for any brand when

Go Makita/Bosch or go home

Just use a corded tool and a UPS. What needs to be universal or at least modular are motors for rotatory tools, the motor on your grinder died, no problem just swap it for the one on your saw.

That's a good way to explode cheap UPSs

Well use an expensive UPS then.

No power tool wars then? FUCK YOU MILWAUKEE MAKES THE BEST RECIPROCATING SAW

>Bosch
Do they even make good tools anymore? All I see is cheap plastic junk in the home depot these days.

Blues are great, their 12V parts are especially great and can basically used for digging due to being so durable.

Those threads suck too, nonetheless, this thread would be better off on /diy/

They have a deal on the site I work so almost all our tools are Bosch. They're alright but there's a better alternative for almost every tool. The only thing they're known for, to my knowledge, are chippers/hammer-drills and even then you can get better.

Everything is Bosch here in East Yurop.
With Makita getting pretty popular.

Bosches can take a beating and have fantastic support/warranties, this is probably why it's so popular.

I disagree, they have the best cordless angle grinders, notably the

why does Sup Forums need pro tools?
Why would you be doing contractor grade work Sup Forums? who gives a shit just get ryobi

I'm not poor enough for Ryobi and I want my tools to last and have no issue buying premium, I also build my own shit and using nice tools doing it is a joy.

tl;dr fuck you pro tools are fucking cheap, what's $200 for the most powerful battery drill on the market that will last you 10 years? Fucking NOTHING

I like tools that last and don't crap out the moment I use them for something more than cutting plywood. Good tools also have great resale value, check any good tool on ebay for example. If you have the money why the fuck not? Now if I'm going to use a tool once or twice? That's what harbor-freight is for.

Enjoy your Einhell's, nigger.

It's almost as if some people on Sup Forums do more than wank to CPU and GPU benchmarks all day.

I use ryobi, it just works it cheap. No jew new battery format. Milkwakee chinks jews make them also.

It is almost like this is a crypto-/diy/ topic

I burned myself buying cheap shit like green Bosches and B&D and Extol.
I'm not repeating the same mistakes again, I could have bought anything, bosch, makita, dewalt at those times and still have those tools running like champs.

>tl;dr fuck you pro tools are fucking cheap, what's $200 for the most powerful battery drill on the market that will last you 10 years? Fucking NOTHING

Lol, you're fucking poor.

Seriously OP, do yourself a favor and listen to

A cord defeats the purpose of a portable drill.

Unless you're talking about a porta-mag or drill press.

>Automotive: air 100%
Why do people think this?

Cordless Impacts, electric ratchets, and basic drill motors have very similar toque stats as most pneumatic versions of the tool. They're perfect for automotive uses, especially if you're doing road calls or working away from a noisy air compressor.

Electric tools are, for the most part, much quieter, similarly priced, and just as powerful as their air counterparts and you don't have to deal with air lines. The only reason to go for air over electric is if you need something with 1000+ftlbs of torque in a compact space, because heavy duty cordless impacts are bulky and heavy.

Pic related, I've had this beast for two years now. Can easily zip off 32mm lugnuts on a semi tire if someone hasn't hammered it with a gigantic 1inch impact and let it rust.

Hilti > Fein > Makita > Dewalt > Milwaukee

>Sup Forums in 2017
>allow any thread because it's not the other threads I don't like

>not buying Festool

What are you poor?

>woodworkers

Pneumatic is only used to save on power costs.
For some reason you get better efficiency by running a compressor.

Pneumatic is only useful for tight areas, there's no benefit in lugging around a fucking compressor when 18V battery impact wrenches can hit 1700N.m burst torque

You could rip out any kind of rusty oversized bolt from a Bagger 288 without breaking a sweat with that, clearly overkill, why the need for pneumatic?

>Pneumatic is only useful for tight areas
Also in places where sparks are big no.

>>Pneumatic is only useful for tight areas, there's no benefit in lugging around a fucking compressor when 18V battery impact wrenches can hit 1700N.m burst torque
I mean in a workshop setting.
It's also the reason why they use air to assemble components in chinkland. It saves money. Even the tools tend to be cheap.
You can't beat battery for portability. Even a generator, air hoses are a bitch to lay out.

There's Bosch (green) and there's Bosch Professional (blue). You want the latter.

Ryobi won't last with 5 day a week contractor work, but their battery system makes it bretty gud value if you need a set of half-decent tools for occasional home use. (Just avoid NiCd batteries)

>Why do people think this?

Probably because battery-powered tools stopped being shit only in the last decade or so, and people aren't used to them yet.

I wouldn't recommend the greens even to my worst enemies, it's like the blues are made by a different company altogether, it's the Toyota vs Lexus conundrum

If anyone ever wants a perfect drill for their money, get the latest Dewalt dcd996. Its fuckin dope and will be worth weight in gold in reliability.

All good but dewalt > milwaukee according to the latest models

Hey, most Toyotas are still decent cars while green Bosch is some of the worst reliability you can get from brand name tools.

>Dewalt > Milwaukee
>All good but dewalt > milwaukee

uhh what

I have this one, it's a beast.

I don't think I'll need a replacement for a decade, it pisses all over my midrange CORDER tool.

>CORDED*

Since big lithium batteries became a thing, I replaced pretty much all my tools with cordless ones. Two notable exceptions are an impact drill and a circular saw, because cordless variants of these chew are either anemic or chew through 5Ah batteries like peanuts.

>tfw no battery hot air blower

Seriously though, most of tools can be replaced by corded, but I think I'll keep various sanders, planers, rotary hammers and 180mm+ angle grinders corded,I don't think they even make the last two cordless.

Please proofread your posts before submitting

Yes senpai

It's basically just a question of power consumption, anything over 1000W is better off corded unless you like carrying 100 pounds of spare batteries. (Though a weaker cordless tool in some cases is better than a more powerful corded one - my cordless hacksaw is a bit shit, but climbing up trees with a corded one is a PITA)

they're using a dewalt proofreader probably

They're already making 9Ah 18V batteries and Bosch still makes 32V power tools, I'm pretty sure anything but welders can be put on a battery nowadays.
And basically nobody cares to improve the motors/engines in corded tools, so they'll be left behind sooner rather than later.

>36W

Old Narex stuff only.

post on /diy/ shit for brains

Can second this, live kinda in east europe too. Pros are using Makita, hobbymen are using Bosch or Black&Decker. I my opinion B&D tools are way better priced and offer more.

Depends on your use case

I'm a homeowner and occasionally need a drill. For reliability I stick to a corded one. My old Craftsman finally died after like 20 years of service (my dad gave it to me), replaced it with a Ryobi.

Did siding on the entire house with that Ryobi. Good drill for a homeowner, not sure if it'd handle daily abuse though.

This is what happens when we let hillbilly's and rednecks post in Sup Forums

What's rednecky on manual job/hobby?

9Ah*18V is 160Wh, that's still not much for a 2+ kW tool that is often used continuously, like a circular saw. And the weight of the battery itself starts to become anoying.

So are we mostly red or yellow here? Hitachi's flagship triple anvil IPXX resistant stuff is also real good but also expensive.

the fact that you just used the word "rednecky"

>Cordless Impacts, electric ratchets, and basic drill motors have very similar toque stats as most pneumatic versions of the tool. They're perfect for automotive uses, especially if you're doing road calls or working away from a noisy air compressor.
I have the 36V dewalt cordless impact. It is nice but huge as fuck and the batteries are expensive as shit. And since they're jews I can't seem to find other 36V bare tools, just kits which include extra fuck expensive batteries.

Red and Yellow aren't really popular in Europe.

Yuropoors outside of contractors don't even use power tools. Americans have single family houses to work on.

We do we just don't argue about what tools we use because we could care less

Air tools have better power to weight ratio.
Just got a dewalt 20v 1/2 impact wrench, dont think I would want to hold that thing all day, but its an absolute joy to use.
I very much miss the sound of the pneumatic impact though

Where did you get those ridiculous claims? Red and Yellow aren't popular here because tools come later than Blue and Teal and not in particularly large selections.
As for the housing, I don't know it is there but buy property for cheap here outside the city and practically build it entirely themselves.

God what the fuck is with that sentence I'm having a seizure, fucking wireless keyboard.

>I don't know how it's like there but people buy property for cheap here outside the city*

You can weld with 3 car batteries and a pair of jumper cables (no welder even needed)

Check the brushes, they are a wear item and have to be replaced sooner or later. When they go, the motor doesnt get electric.
after that check the switch.

Who the fuck wouldn't hammer it with an impact?

>.

>Nobody in this thread has air hoses conveniently hanging from a ceiling rack
Long hoses waaah