/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Headphone purchase advice:
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

Please put some effort into your requests and questions.

If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in >Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ:
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

shapeways.com/product/9QKXAU59F/sennheiser-replacement-headband?optionId=40248216
exhentai.org/g/15335/8d37ce8cc3/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Not even at bump limit
You fucking dipshit faggot

Any comfortable, good sounding bluetooth in-ear phones with good battery (10 hours or more, preferably 16), which are also waterproof and have noise reduction?
Or should I Just Wait (TM)?

*chip*

*snap*

Who could it be? It's Sennheiser of course!

You seem upset.

Pic related?

If the 598 cracks, the 600 snaps, and the 800 chips, what sort of symptom will the HD820 have? Will it bend? Will it melt? Will it explode?
Oh Sennheiser, you're the only headphone manufacturer capable of such great entertainment and such shit headphones. You can bet the shills will defend it too.

Post a post-revision HD598 that has cracked.

Nah, not really interested in that. What sort of retarded defect do you think the HD820 will have though?

I've been using Jaybird Freedoms since november and they've been great.

The defect that makes you shitpost because you're upset.

Who are you employed by?

>Budget
$200, flexible
>Location
USA
>Source
PC
>Type of headphone
Full Sized
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
The more comfort the better
>Sound signature
neutral, but it's not super important
>Past headphones
Sennhieser HD 558

Look on massdrop for the next few days, there's going to be a planar magnetic headphone dropping for less than 200 USD by Fostex.

>tfw thread is dead

I like how the SR850 sounds by default. Is there a guide to making my new headphones sound like it? I mess around with the equalizer, but I don't really know what I'm doing.

Are there any bluetooth headphones that sound like the SR850?

just plug em into your motherboard, literally no difference from the shit stack
eq but it's a lot of trial and error

I have a new hyperX revolver and the sound is horrible and hollow. It sounds like im in a box compared to my old Afterglow .50's.

The mic also has a horrible low frequency rumble to it as well, no matter what settings i use.

Wtf am I doing wrong (Other then buying memeX gear)

return them?

I got it from newegg for 99$, customer support said there is nothing wrong with them and that if I want I can adjust my EQ, but no matter what I do I cant replicate the sound of my Afterglows. Hell I cant even find a sound profile or frequency profile on Afterglow.

What is the second best headphone manufacturer behind Sennheiser?

Where can I order a replacement headphone cord for my AKG Q701s? I'd rather not buy an entirely new set if I don't have to just to get another cord. Shit was expensive when I bought it.

amazon or ebay

Send that junk back to Amazon and get your money back.

1. Sennheiser
2. Beyerdynamic
3. Sony
4. Audio-Technica
9000. Shit
9001. AKG

Oh...ok. Well I bought these years ago & don't have money for something new yet. They get a little hot, but the sound was good. They were my first entry level headphones. Why are they considered bad now? I listen to a lot of synthesizer & disco & they seemed fine to me.

What are some comfy ass pads to replace flaky ones on my ATH-900Xs

amazon or ebay, there's also a coiled variant which I bought because I hate the long straight cable

Anyone idea why says they're shit?

Me? Upset? I'll have you know that my Sennheisers haven't even snapped yet. I think you're the upset one here.

What is the second best $200+ bang for buck headphone after the HD600?

I didn't say the Q701 was shit. I said that other guy's gaming headset is shit.

>sennshill this fucking butthurt I shat on his favorite company
This is why I snap-post. Out of every fanbase, every headphone manufacturer, Sennheiser fanboys are the most rabid and the most unable to accept that their headphones are flawed. Keep snapping, boys.

>budget
$70 or less, I can go higher if necessary.
>location
US
>source
Desktop PC
>type of headphones
Full-sized
>open or closed
Closed
>comfort level
As comfortable as possible, while remaining in the budget and the head-phones not being garbage. Comfort comes before sound quality, to a certain extent.
>sound signature
Neutral, but don't really care unless it's extreme.
Please help.

HD600

pls respond

Thanks for responding, but I didn't mean four times the budget when I said I could go higher.

>bluetooth
>noise reduction
ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING
>f-bomb
I wasn't baiting because that would be against the rules, but if I was, hypothetically, then you just hypothetically responded exactly like I wanted you to. Hypothetically.

rrly mks u thnk

>heh, I was only pretending to be retarded. you got tricked kid
lol, I love how sennshills cling to this one picture for dear life. It's so pathetic

Just buy a new headband for like 10 bucks. Versus this AKG shit. What's the point of your shitpost?

>10 bucks
>TEN BUCKS
>being this disingenuous
Why can't you just admit the faults of your favorite headphone like everyone else?

The thing is, I wasn't pretending to be retarded and I wasn't being retarded. The HD600 is clearly the best bang for buck headphone over $200. That's why it is by far the most commonly recommended $200+ headphone in these threads, but I know you'll just say it's because of "shills."

Ignoring sound, they have really really bad build quality. And sound doesn't really matter because HD800 user says you can equalize all headphones to be the same anyways.

>caring about build quality
Only a filthy poorfag would care about build quality. See, I can be retarded like you too!

>COMPLETE SENNHEISER HD 650 HEADBAND REPLACEMENT AND PADDING

Do you even read what you shitpost? If you don't like the headband you can 3d print your own. In fact: shapeways.com/product/9QKXAU59F/sennheiser-replacement-headband?optionId=40248216

>See, I can be retarded like you too!
No, you're just retarded. That's not an argument.
Show me where you can buy a headband for ten bucks. Go on. 3D printed is not an argument because it's shit and a meme.

CB-1/XPT100

shhh just let yourself get btfo in peace

>make no coherent arguments
>haahahha btfo xD

I've been popping into /hpg/ once every few weeks or so for the past couple years. Just how long has this autistic shitposter been trolling and posting snapped Sennheisers on a daily basis for? He's doing in in every thread I've ever been in.

Some HD600/650 owners wise up - they go out and buy a headband that won't snap and mod the thing onto their headphones. Is that something you should have to do for a $300 headphone (other anons disingenuously claim the HD600 is a $200 headphone when it is clearly not). I wouldn't mind having one of these.

What the fuck is that? I want it.

Fuck you fags I pray the ones I got fit good

That headband looks like that one old experimental Sony open headphone's headband. Forget what the fuck it was called. Precursor to the MDR-MA900. I could be wrong.

Nevermind, it's not an MDR-F1 headband.

headbands are a meme

Destroyed aesthetics on my hf5 but they're comfy and will never lose its softness.

Ask me anything

Do they still require deep insertion? Do they change the sound?

Not quite as deep, but they still get to the section of your ear where it gets smaller. The bass I'd say becomes hummier, but it's very subtle. If you care about accurate frequencies I wouldn't use foam tips in the first place. But for casual listening and not audio mixing it's fine.

>The bass I'd say becomes hummier, but it's very subtle.
Does the bass increase or decrease? Can you estimate by how many decibels?

It increases, I'd say almost 1 dB. Again, it's very subtle. If you own some etymotics I would try it out, I personally prefer them to flange tips because it creates a much better seal, also doesn't irritate the insides of my ears.

Why the fuck are people shitting on the DT880's treble peak? Don't they know EQs exist?

Sony at 3?
Based on what, the MDR-V6/7506? Because the MDR-1A or MDR-Z1 sure as fuck don't justify 3

You can't completely get rid of it with EQ. Only partially.

is this the first launch?

AKG > AT > Sennheiser = Beyer (depends what you want > sony

You hate bass, huh?

Are there any known issues like this with HD 280 Pros? Those are my only Sennheiser headphones and they haven't really had issues.

If you mean headphones that don't even produce mid range or highs, then yes.

Sony has by far the largest ratio of shit compared to good headphones out of the bunch.

exhentai.org/g/15335/8d37ce8cc3/
Just passing by

Kill the shill.

Since the 598 cs has lower impedance than the second version, would getting a fiio e10k do anything even though there's no static (without mic)? Also, every time my mod mic 5 turns on it produces static hissing noises in my sennheiser hd 598 cs. Would using the Antlion usb adapter reduce it via bypassing the analog based interference? Or would it be better to get an external sound card instead?

completely detach the cables from one another

if you plug in the mod mic in this scenario, is there a hiss in the headphones?
If not, the problem could be that it carries over between the wires somehow

I wonder if there's headphones with the maid thing built into the headband
similar to those cat ear ones

So I just bought Jaybird x3s. Should I feel justified in my purchasing decision or should I kms?

Use them a few days. If you like how they sound and feel, then who the fuck cares what we say?

I think relentlessly shilling hd600's and claiming any other headphone is shit is more autistic than that

I already know I'll get laughed at but one thing I do not understand about my Schitt Modi 2 crapping out on me. It keeps giving me "not recognized by windows" messages and above all, when the USB is plugged in during the BIOS and Windows splash screen, it completely freezes it until I unplug it.

It persists despite being away from the headphone cable.The sound also still produces if I place it in the front panel or the back panel. The front panel produces louder and better sound for both the headphones and the mic at the cost of more static. I'm led to think that the front panel wires it touches/near due to cable management causes some interference, especially since it's an analog connection. Since static is present in both cases, this led me to think it's the MSI mate Z97 motherboard that causes the interference with the analog connection. But the headphones by itself has no static so I'm not sure if it's the motherboard.
With all this in mind, I thought that using a usb adapter to change the connection to have a digital processing with an analog interface. My thought process is that it'd reduce the interference going to the motherboard as I heard the Antlion usb adapter do for some people. The other aspect to consider this adapter is that it would give more voltage to the mod mic as I sorta think that the mod mic might need more juice that my typical port connection can't give (but the adapter might give more). Still, I read that the Antlion usb adapter only lowers the static and not completely eliminate it.
From this process, I've come to consider an external sound card or a usb adapter (with enough driving force) to help against static/hissing background noise.

Might be a driver issue.

Definitely driver issues. USB audio is hell.
On windows, 10 is much better than 7.

I'd just get a xonar internal sound card.
Is there static on the microphone?

So, I need a replacement cable for my se215, is sweetwater the only legit option I have ? I tried those cables off eBay, but that shit came apart like a melted laffy taffy

>melted laffy taffy
pics please

I'd suggest a good USB dac+amp like the fulla2, which will have a black floor even with garbage usb power. Not a cheapo china one which might have poor filtering.
Alternatively, any plugs-into-wall amp+dac will sidestep the issue, but they're not anywhere as convenient.

Lmao, I threw that shit away . i put the drivers on the cable but when I realized the rubber around the mini jack was too big it was pushing against the surface of the device and barely made contact, I tried taking them off and it just came apart . I'll probably get a new pair of shures since I already bought the triple flange tips

Does the dragonfly dac actually bypass the devices sound and improve it or is that a meme?

it is it's own DAC, so yes, it does. Not a meme.

Yes, whenever the mic powers on, it produces static feedback/output.

I'm not so sure that a dac/amp without a mic port would reduce the sound that the mic makes. The headphones don't produce any static until a mic is plugged in. The static is present in recording after all.

I got stuck in time after purchasing my HD 600 6 years ago so I have no idea what's on the market.
Dad's looking for something to watch movies at night, must be closed-back and will be powered from his marantz amplifier.

I think Beyerdynamics DT 770 250ohm will be a good choice (can't find 600ohm version).
Thoughts?
He's not deaf but prefers slightly V curve.

pic unrelated

>Budget
$200
>Location
US of A baby
>Source
my phone
>Type of headphone
in-ear
>Open or closed
IDC
>Comfort level
Theyre in ear this doesnt really matter just buy foam things?
>Sound signature
I like good bass but neutral is also good pic related is top 15 so whatever is good for that type of music.
>Past headphones
Beats, and apple earbuds looking for something more high quality sounding, I dont really have a refined palette when i t comes to sound and music but I'd like to get a taste of good sound and become more musically inclined.

>600 snaps
huh? never heard o f it.
I have my hd600 for like 6-7 years now, use them everyday for 8h+ and nothing bad happened to it.
Only cable failed, so I replaced it with HD650's and problem solved.

I'm an iPhone 7 user who's sick and tired of using the Aux-to-Lightning adapter that constantly breaks.

What's a good pair of bluetooth headphones that offers similar quality to the ATH-M50X? My budget's around $150.

>iPhone 7
>cares about audio quality
pick one and only one

>The headphones don't produce any static until a mic is plugged in.
Do not playback the mic unless you need to. Record only. As to getting rid of the noise, get a better soundcard and/or mic.

The snapheiser is a regular troll, just ignore his posts.

bump