Anyone else happy to see Intel getting blown the fuck out by AMD?

Anyone else happy to see Intel getting blown the fuck out by AMD?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/LzIIIoSveU0
x265.ru/en/x265-hd-benchmark/
kitguru.net/components/cpu/luke-hill/amd-ryzen-7-1700-cpu-review/3/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes.
I would buy a Epyc right only for the lulz.

Prices for Threadripper and EPYC when?

indifferent

>rig

I'm happy to see Intel finally getting some competition. Hopefully this will result in better cheaper CPUs.

I'm just glad we will have equilibrium in the tech space again so we can have some innovation and forward progress.

Intel had stopped doing anything creative and pursued what amount to vanity projects.

The X86 cycle can begin again. AMD innovating ->Intel copying and refining->AMD innovating.

Will this lower the cost of AWS, VPSs, etc.? Epyc should be cheaper and more power efficient than the Xeon jew.

Up to $5000

>Hopefully this will result in better
Intel ME, AMD AMT is still being pushed. Locked-down platforms are being pushed, because as it turns out, the average consumer doesn't care, and will gladly buy a smartphone, etc without a second thought. the X86 platform will only continue getting worst.

I don't think you understand that business actually PAYS for these features, gladly.

Took them long enough. Now I can finally trash my Q6600 and get an 8 core processor that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

>pissmark scores
That's about as worthless as Geekbench 3.

ah yes the i7 7820x, good choice, at a very competitive 599$

You could probably build the whole system for a mere 1500$ minus GPU

I can't find any HEVC encoding or linkpack benchmarks between intel and amd at the same frequency so it's the best I could do.

But yeah the i7-7700K and R7 1700 have eerily similar passmark scores despite the 1700 encoding HEVC video faster.

R7 1700 is $300. I ain't paying twice the price for 5% better performance m8, what kind of a dumb fuck do you take me for?

$300 for just the CPU isnt a lot for you? or am i a cheap bastard by not wanting to spend over $200 for a whole computer?

simply Epyc

?

You reek of underage.

5% try like 15-20% as per the leaks

I've been waiting and saving up for an upgrade. I could wait longer for threadripper but naw.

fugg yeah, plan to OC my 1700 to at least 3.8GHz. I heard you can do that with just the stock cooler. Is it true?

Top end price for Threadripper?

EPYC was always going to be mega dollars for the average Joe.

Yeah it's pretty good.
youtu.be/LzIIIoSveU0

I've seen people push 4.0 on the stock cooler, but that depends on silicon lottery and how good your case cooling is.

I'm 24

How is $300 expensive for you then. Are you poor?

You don't really need more than a Pentium

It's not expensive, i just don't see any reason to overpay for a computer.
My current computer (i5 4570, 16gb of ram, R5 250) is just powerful enough for me since i don't gayme.
I got said computer for $170.

Get a laptop.
You don't need a desktop.

he could prob. just use his phone

I doubt it else intel would have priced this shitbird significantly higher than their i7-6900K. Also I don't wanna spend hundreds on an LGA 2066 motherboard.

noice

True but it depends on what you're gonna do on your desktop. I wanna run VMs, do video encoding, and a bunch of other cpu intensive tasks. Though if all you do is play video games as an adult (lol) then yeah I can see a pentium being more than enough.

I got one as well, ironically it's more powerful than my desktop, and i paid less for it.

no it's not nigga are u computer illiterate

Honest Serious Question

Is there any useful information about RX Vega compared to Nvidia's 10 series.

im throwing $450 at a gpu, will an RX Vega variant at $450ish beat a used GTX 1080?

>used gpu
stop

Yes it is

post specs of this incredible sub 150$ laptop u got nigga

Can we have a separate board for vidya related technology? I'm so fucking tired of these endless brandcuck arguing threads made by idiot gaymers shitting up this board.

>AYYMD BAD, INTEL GUD
>NO, SHITTEL BAD, AMD GUD!

Fucking hell, it never ends, theres no actual discussion, just endless memes.

>remoke PC build and components discussions from Sup Forums

why?
evga is doing a "b-stock" sale of gtx 1080
.... nearly the same price as decked out 1070.

Anyway I'm glad AMD stopped being complete fucking garbage. intel isn't even hiding how hard they're shitting themselves right now. That i7 7820X isn't going for $599 just because intel suddenly turned into the good guys all of a sudden.

Christ, does that piece of shit even have a soldered IHS? intel really shit the money bed with that overheating i7-7700K.

I just wish there was a separate board for video game technology (/vt/?) So many threads made by gaymers arguing over which megacorp they like the most.

Would you buy a used condom?

Man I don't even play vidya anymore. All these project deadlines I got make me wanna snort caffeine pills.

None of the Kaby and Sky lake Xs are soldered

thats a bad response.
do you have a substantive reason not to?

Which version of x265 was used in that shot? Also which ram was used with each cpu? x265 scales really well with memory throughput.
Here are more results with some info - x265.ru/en/x265-hd-benchmark/ and on the same resource there are bunch of them in comments/forum. Really odd that even on doom9 many people have different results.

user i'd buy one if it still got warranty, bc GPU failure rates are relatively high

It's not like you have a choice. There isn't some 3rd X86 alternative that doesn't have any of this stuff

kitguru.net/components/cpu/luke-hill/amd-ryzen-7-1700-cpu-review/3/

Do note that this is a early review before BIOS/AGESA updates that increased performance hit so it's not really representative.

from evga
>All B-Stock products include a 1 Year Limited

im about to buy it, but the propaganda around RX VEGA, i just wonder if it will be better than a gtx 1080 at this price point. $450

Enjoy your bluescreens and unextractable driver packages that require Catalyst Control Center bloatware

wait are u gonna pay 450$ for a USED 1080?
That's.. almost as much as new?

2013 called

Yeah, worthless, they don't even bother to say which version of x265 they are using :/ I'm assuming 2.3?

450 is the final price.

no tax. apparently evga doesnt charge tax from their personal store to certain states.

picture is what i just bought, but i got it for $450 instead of $577.11 and a $20 rebate 9 months from now.

You should have waited, now you'll be extra salty when vega comes out this year. But

I won't be happy until the threads stop. Every fucking day with this shit. You don't win anything from either company, who cares?

This gif is better than every thread on the topic.

Is intel unironically canonically historically recorded as finished ?

JIM KELLER

JEM KILLER

JEW KILLER

that is vegas fault.

no more waiting.

>Intard mad
Wew. I mean it's not like you lose anything, you would have had to replace your motherboard anyways.

just an xbox console peasant that wants to play Nier Automata without buying a PS4. :D

This is the wrong thread for you if you don't have disposable income for bleeding edge procs that cost North of $300.

Just delete your account now.

I purchased a $7500 VT1300 motorcycle this year, then got $1300 of accessories for it to make it my own.
$300 for a CPU is nothing.
I don't make my computers cheap, I make them to last as long as possible before I'm forced to update.
Threadripper here I come.

Epyc 32-core = $1700

Extremely happy, Intel needs to get their shit together and stop doing retarded things like funding garbage and buying McAfee or some shit. Their meltdown with X299 will fuel me for the coming months. What I'm hoping is that they do the same shit with the graphics side, building a small die and then scaling it up would be amazing.

>Dedicated Security
>still has that ring -3 abomination of a co-processor that will instantly pwn the whole system if someone gets a hold of AMD's private key
ARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH

>amd 8 core $300
>intel 8 core $600
If the 1800X beats the 6900k then the 1700 should be more or less equal

intel will be shit forever, their new arch will also be DOA

The 14+ core parts from Skylake-X don't even exist yet and are already DOA. By the time they go on sale, Zen2 will be here soon™.

>TFW want to upgrade so bad
>No need to upgrade my i7-3770k @4.6Ghz

Don't reply to me ever again

>No need to upgrade my i7-3770k @4.6Ghz
3570k @ 4.5GHz here, you're full of shit. Those extra threads are good, but they aren't that great. Unless you still play the same games from when you bought it, you will have some hiccups with the unoptimized garbage from the new. I want to grab a 1700 just for rpcs3 and speeding up the daily compilation. I also do video from time to time and would be able to stream more comfortably with those extra cores.

>what is VIA

There are Zhaoxin ZX-D x86 CPU's

ebyn :DDDDDDDDDDD

EPYC! EPYC for the win!

Strictly low end and now making ARM cores.

reminder.
intel still sold pentium 4 extreme edition for $999

>tfw r7 1700 is $1500 in my currency
fuck this shit. i'm waiting for the $70 athlon ryzen.

Bullshit

Of course not, now the Xeon jew will become the Epyc using cloud computing jew with the same prices.

All this very high-end shit is cool yeah. But where is Ryzen 3 for us poorfags? I'm looking to upgrade my fx6350 on the cheap.

Buy Pentium 4 goy, it's better than Athlon, see?

Q3

Ebyn

Used to have sempron 3400+
shit was dope.

They no longer have the license.

>2.4 GHz Athlon keeps even pace with 3.8 GHz P4
Really sets your noggins ablaze.

If you know where th gpu is coming from used is fine

I have a used 1080 FE which I know has never been oc'd

All I did was convert it to liquid cooling and I had a good card for fuck all

>I don't make my computers cheap, I make them to last as long as possible before I'm forced to update.
Is it really worth paying thrice is much for a 10% increase in lifespan, doe?

Why is pissmark so shit?

I had to spend so much time explaining to people that pissmark is garbage. That shitty website has probably done so much collateral damage to AMD that they should sue their dumb asses.