What would happen if I connected a mouse or keyboard to one of these and plugged it into an AC socket?

What would happen if I connected a mouse or keyboard to one of these and plugged it into an AC socket?

It would turn on and nothing else would happen.

Amps are pulled, not pushed.

it would be extremely painful

you will make electrons move

magically

To elaborate, electronics take what they need to function. If a phone can only charge at 500ma, a 3A charger is then a waste of cash.

If a mouse takes 100ma to function, it will take 100ma and nothing more.

/thread

I can't believe I've seen this thread multiple times. I mean, I knew Sup Forums was retarded but come on.

You would have terminal access to the grid

this is 100% correct

you're a big guy

For you

why do i need a resistor in series with an led then?

would explode

I think you meant to say waste of cache

This

Don't plug a keyboard and do rm -rf / or I'll lose power.

isn't this from a macbook video?

A resistor limits the current that passes through it, if you don't it's equivalent to just connecting + and - together with a wire

I've seen things get fried if data is being transfered. I read a thread somewhere about a guy who hooked up his Vita to charge, thought he had it on FTP transfer but had it on USB transfer and fried the system.

LEDs are diodes and have a small voltage drop when forward biased. They have no significant resistance like a incandescent bulb has, so they need a resistor to limit current.

Almost right.

It'll do 'nothing' - the device will turn on some logic that can consume no more than 25mA, then request from the USB host that it needs X mA to setup, since it's a USB charger and doesn't communicate over the data lines, the device will never get permission to use more than 25mA and will essentially sit in an 'off' state.

Most LEDs are ~2-3V, USB is 5V, if you run most shitty LEDs at 5V they'll either burn out immediately or have a severely shortened lifespan.

You would get sudo access to your house.

OP would be a faget.