Other than gun control, what is a method of preventing these mass shootings Americans have put forth...

Other than gun control, what is a method of preventing these mass shootings Americans have put forth? Are they really so complacent as to just sit down and accept this?

And no, genociding all minorities is not a solution and never will be for the foreseeable future.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happy_Land_fire
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Athens_(1946)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You just can't handle our freedom. It kills you

Genociding all mi-- oh fuck off.

Guns don't kill people dumb paki, only niggers do, that's why Trump is going to ship them back to Africa in forseeable future. No genocide even needed

Guns don't kill people but they make it easy as fuck.

literally all memes
answer the question, are you content to allow these events to remain a regularity?

Better mental healthcare system, better background checks for immigrants, maybe a permit process for purchasing.

I personally think if a permit process was instituted whereby you had to take classes and whatnot, you wouldn't have to limit types and features of firearms as much. I'd be fine with going through a permit process if it meant I could own most anything and be able to conceal carry across the 50 states.

Also, the majority of mass killings happen in notoriously gun-unfriendly states. maybe that means something?

this

It's a concept most Americans will never grasp.

Guns are a constitutional right. We need them to preserve our freedom

This kind of shit happens in third world countries all the time but it's not reported in the news. Right now probably 200 people were killed in Venezuela in riots or murders, but when 50 people get killed in America everyone blows it out of proportion.

Doesnt matter if it makes it easier, guns arent the problem.

The US will never be able to rid themselves of all the guns, and murderers arent going to suddenly obey the law. Criminals will have guns regardless. You would only be disarming civilians.

just give everyone a gun

>background check for immigrants
>whites make up the majority of mass shooters
Background checks for whites ftfy

Not much. Improving the mental healthcare and making it more accessible will help I'm sure but also improving living standards/employment will help. The majority of mass shootings aren't these media circus crimes of passion that dominate the news for a week, they're often gang/drug related.

Look, we a have 300 million LEGAL guns all over the country. It would be impossible for the government to take all of them without a civil war. Also, guns create a lot of jobs and industry for Americans, if we ban guns millions of americans will be jobless. Last, guns are a big part of American culture because it reflects our huge distrust with authority and our self reliance. You wouldn't understand because you're a dirty mudshit lifing in a huge nanny state were you can't do anything without the government.

self-shooting guns

Yes, but you tend to expect better things from a global hegemony/
But aren't the Republicans notoriously against any form of restrictions to obtain guns? It seems like it's very all or nothing over there.

About 300-400 people a year in a population of 320,000,000 is fucking nothing if it absolutely guarantees a free and sovereign state.

You cannot stop it, unless you can completely stop crime.

And by 'stop crime', I mean, stop the inherent madness in humanity.

i have no problem with gangbangers killing each other, which makes up the majority of these mass shootings

it is a form of population control

There's no way to stop it. Americans are just irreversibly fucked in the heads due to years of media overblowing the dangers around them, and "freedom and individuality" causing them to not give a fuck about their fellow man.

If all guns disappeared from the US in an instant, people would kill with knives ans swords. If knives and swords disappeared, they would kill eith sticks and stones, and if those disappeared then they would kill with their bare hands.

>"freedom and individuality" causing them to not give a fuck about their fellow man
We have a winner of a free helicopter ride!

I have a better chance of dying in a car accident than getting shot

I'm not some gang member

> wipe out the USA
> genocide all americans
problem solved

I don't think it's that simple m8. Guns make killing much easier, and I'm not just talking about physical ease, speed of kill or lower risk to the user. People generally have an inbuilt resistance to killing other humans, the closer they are to the victim the harder it is to follow through with the act. Of course this doesn't apply to crazy or drug-fucked individuals but it is a relevant fact in the discussion.

Easy there, Stalin.

Killed 50 of you last night too desu

So do fertilizer bombs and pressure cooker bombs and illegal firearms.

WE WUZ EMPLOYED

... by the gun industry

we are. yes

>whites make up the majority of mass shooters
Per capita they don't. It goes Asian, Black, White and then Beaner. The article I read never mentioned by religion.

I mean technically, there's already a federal background check system in place for anyone who buys any gun but it looks for criminal history

>all or nothing
that's the problem with our entire partisan/political system. Liberals all get riled up with the emotional appeal that they want to ban all guns without any regard to constitutionality, and conservatives get so riled up the way things have been and refuse to do anything about a problem when there are changes that can certainly be made that appeal to everyone. With regard to this argument, it ends up making conservatives look worse even though both groups are taking very dangerous stances.

I get that the point of citizen gun ownership is prevention of tyranny, and in that regard as long as the access to the common man is still there, I don't have issues with prevention of access to violent felons and the mentally unstable. I think most people could agree there.
Aside from all of this, I don't think there's much that can be done besides indirect bans on things like magazines and "assault rifle" features (pistol grips, vertical grips, etc. even though those have no real effect on anything). Any move towards nationwide confiscation would plunge the country into massive violent conflict and essentially civil war. Even if Hillary wins, the most she can get through is limited bans, and even if that happens the gun industry (which is huge in the country as well as huge in government dollars) is clever as fuck and will come out ways to loophole through any indirect ban.

Analogy: how to stop abos from huffing petrol?

>Wipe out Australia
>Genocide all inhabitants

problem solved.

Arson makes it even easier

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happy_Land_fire

We need reverse gun control.

Mandatory open carry. You will be arrested and charged with a felony if you do not have a loaded gun on you at all times.

The government should provide you with a gun if you are unable to pay.

If you see a crime you are obligated to stop it. If you do not then you can be arrested for failing to intervene.

Pretty simple system that can save a lot of lives.

>But aren't the Republicans notoriously against any form of restrictions to obtain guns?
Some. There are moderates in both parties who have level headed suggestions.

How to improve the world in general:

> Go to war with Poland
> Poland is wiped off the map again

Oh, I should add that 61% of gun deaths are suicides. A lot of the others are domestic violence (if you don't have a gun to kill your wife I'm sure you'd find another way).

Actually, a town in Georgia passed legislation that each head of household must have at least one long arm in their house.

Result?

Crime dropped dramatically.

Just let it happen until they're all gone

Bantz fired! But missed!

(I'm not Polish. Don't let the flag fool you!)

Exactly. That's all the proof anyone should need but fucking liberals are willing to ignore evidence as usual to further their own agendas.

Like the success in banning handguns in your country.

>the decline a decade later was because of the ban

No. All legal handguns were confiscated from 50,000 owners during 97-98. Gun homicides only dropped to a level below the ban during the same year overall violent crime and non gun homicides declined to record lows as well

gib land bak to native amirguns

They can have it back when they pry it from my cold dead white fist.

>make people take classes before they buy guns
this will just up their high score

It's as much about role of media in public as the nature of the political system. Moderate stances and compromise are boring, extreme views are more interesting to the average viewer.

It's your fault
Restrict guns + build wall = better USA

A simple melanin test would fix most of the problems.

The anomalous school/rampage shootings, no, but overall garden-variety gun violence (which is the vast majority of gun violence), yes.

>Muh per capita
White nigger please if you're kind kills more in mass shootings then own up to it

other than gun control, none

guns must be banned to have dramatic decrease in these occurrences since guns make killing so much easier

since americans cannot do this then mass shooting will be a norm, bretty simple

Don't worry about it

Posting a reddit frog won't make it funny.

Go shoot up a preschool, cumskin.

they can have it back when they stop drinking themselves to death and forgetting how to put gas in a tractor.

this guy has it right. the horse is out of the gates already; there's so many guns already out there that legislating them would be ineffectual due to the current supply.

gun control is the profit of only the ruler.

Morality

Which then seems to distort the reality of belief and convinces more people that the only solution is the most radical one they can think of

There are people walking around today when this happened

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Athens_(1946)

We dont just need more guns , we need more gun owners too.

The words of the 2nd amendment are the teeth of the constitution.

Americans can be savage, and the government is not immune. If it decides to turn against its people, the people ought to have the right to defend themselves.

*who were alive when it happened

he knoweth

murders are at an all time low in america while the amount of guns just keeps on rising, i see no problem.

Mass homicides like the Orlando shit are increasing in frequency though

It's very obvious that it's a mental health crisis.

Over 63% of yearly deaths by gun are suicides as well.

The mental health system in the US is not just broken, it doesn't fucking exist.

I have an aunt who is schizophrenic and my family is legally incapable of committing her to an institution because at some point she got married, but her husband left her and disappeared.

So her husband has legal authority, but he is nowhere to be found.

And she gets worse by the day. We don't know what to do with her and I'm 99% certain that she's going to accidentally hurt someone.

Did I mention she has a driver's license? Earlier this year she showed up and her car was all fucked up. Clearly in an accident but no one knows what or who she hit.

Also, the only other way we could put her away is if she willingly admits to a shrink that she's crazy.

But she will never do that and refuses to see doctors because she thinks the CIA is trying to kill her with the pills

>maybe a permit process for purchasing

every guns at least must have put marks seal on of owners address, name and permission number by authority to avoid passing to others so that each individuals could have more responsibility to own their arms. Also it needs to have strict laws in case they lost theirs

well that's no surprise, a sure way to get your name into the news, around the world in fact is to kill a bunch of people in america.

thank you juan, you deserve a green card for this post.

So basically, guns are the problem.

more people should own and carry guns.

Does anybody in here even own a gun?

Orlando wasn't because of mental health though. Orlando was because of Islam.

Every other religion has left this kind of savagery in the past and has moved on. Even the most extreme variants of Christianity that still hate gays and shit generally act within the confines of the law. Westboro Baptist Church may go and do controversial things like picket funerals and stuff but they don't go around shooting up nightclubs. Because in Islam religion IS law they feel they are above Western lawmaking. We need to show them that they are not.

>Orlando wasn't because of mental health though. Orlando was because of Islam

>anger issues
>repressed homosexual

Seems like mental problems

Man I've lived here all my life not gotten shot ONCE.
Eurocucks btfo

Also he supported IS, al-Qaeda and Hezbollah which is impossible unless you know fuck all about them, i.e mentally ill

Mr. Bong
you are now aware that you are more likely to be killed by lightning than in a "mass shooting"
You are also now aware that when guns were (largely) banned in britian violent crime jumped MASSIVELY and hasn't gone down.
You are now aware that pools kill more children than mass shootings
you are now aware that sand niggers should be banned from the US
You are also now aware that hammers kill more people than ANY RIFLE, let alone a scurry assault raifle

follow on to this
All of these statistics are completely sourced

i too, used to be a 15 year old liberal beliveing the gun control could work
no, dumbass it wont work guns are already far too proliferated to get rid of them

There is no good reason for a normal person to own an assault rifle. If banning them saves even one life it was worth it.

More people may get killed by cars or pools but there are much better reasons to own cars or pools then there are assault rifles.

>And no, genociding all minorities is not a solution and never will be for the foreseeable future.

Then the murder rate will continue to be sky high. This is why they can't have nice things.

>gun control
>a method of preventing these mass shootings
lol

firearm laws become federal
mandatory 2 day wait
gun safety course
background check
if background check is clean, mental health check for any automatic weapons (imo)

99% of your shooters are crazy so this may help

Wait is this sarcasm
I really hope it is

Vocal majority. Many quite law abiding citizens pack heat. You do not know or hear about this because they are not the ones waving flags and shooting beer cans while riding mobility scooters

either sarcasm or bait. It's literally the cliche bleeding-heart liberal argument, and I have never come across one on here, at least not one from the US

*quiet!

oh yes i know, by shooters i mean like spree shooters, crazies etc

most people are responsible with guns, but the mental background check and evaluation will pick up on a hell of a lot of the crazy ones

It's not. If you want self-defense get a pistol or shotgun. You don't need an AR-15. Hunting rifles should be very strictly regulated and each bullet should have to be loaded individually, like old muskets. You don't need automatic and semi-automatic rifles for hunting.

Australia-kun did it

>pistol or shotgun
both of those kill more people a year than rifles
>You don't need
the 2nd amendment guarantees my right to own whatever gun I fucking want, and you should leave this country

Fuck you, I will stay and work hard to help pass the legislation it takes to make America safe again. I am not going anywhere.

If you attack me or other liberals it will only doom your cause. Bear that in mind.

If that happens you're fucked assault weapons or not. It's not like you stand a chance against drones, missiles, bombers and the likes.

Define safe

It's been 'easy' to kill people for thousands of years now.

Then fucking fund mental health. Right wingers and "d00d if I wuz there" Rambo types constantly say mental health should be addressed, but any legislation is promptly struck down. What a great time to take action

Agreed North Korea-kun.

Limited availability of guns and strict gun control.