what's not to love?

using System;

class Program {
static void Main(string[] args) {
Console.WriteLine("Hello World");
}
}
[\code]
You don't have to include bloat to misrepresent the language.

>clean and informative syntax
Really. How the fuck is assembly informative?
It takes a long time just to recognize basic math operations, nevermind complex string and array operations.
And a language where you have to go back and read a ton of code just to find out what a reference is to or what variable is currently in a register is not informative.

lllllllllllllllllllll

are all microsoft babbies this retarded?

>what's not to love?
The lack of portability for starters.

This

totally clean and informative

BITS 32

org 0x00200000

db 0x7F, "ELF" ; e_ident
db 1, 1, 1, 0, 0
_start:
mov bl, 42
xor eax, eax
inc eax
int 0x80
dw 2 ; e_type
dw 3 ; e_machine
dd 1 ; e_version
dd _start ; e_entry
dd phdr - $$ ; e_phoff
phdr: dd 1 ; e_shoff ; p_type
dd 0 ; e_flags ; p_offset
dd $$ ; e_ehsize ; p_vaddr
; e_phentsize
dw 1 ; e_phnum ; p_paddr
dw 0 ; e_shentsize
dd filesize ; e_shnum ; p_filesz
; e_shstrndx
dd filesize ; p_memsz
dd 5 ; p_flags
dd 0x1000 ; p_align

filesize equ $ - $$

It's not Lisp. Though I suppose Common Lisp does compile to native code.

How people programmed stuff high level languages became common place is beyond me.

Portability.

>lack of portability
i laugh at your puny excuse for a brain! HAH!
Assembly is universal, because machine language is universal to all systems, can be written on any system, and can be executed on any system.

(pic related)

Lisp is for brainlets.

IKR?

Best languages one must lean:

Lisp
COBOL
Fortran
C
Scala
Rust
Java
Phython
Assembly
Ada (optional)

>Lisp is for brainlets
It's the exact opposite. Do you even type Lisp, son?

Assembly is platform-specific.

assembly is for stateful brainlets. haskell is the way to go

that's why you had to be 90th percentile IQ to be a programmer in the past
nowadays anybody can do it

Rollercoaster tycoon is assembly written and works on any processor that's meets requirements

>MFW Lisp runs slower than assembly
>MFW not as ergonomic

please see-->

I use it for web design

Any x86 processor that meets its requirements, because it's written in x fucking 86 assembly.

That picture looks complicated.
What programming language should I learn?

Assembly you autistic fag.

Well shit. That's C#, son. It's one of the best languages to get things done, and one of the easiest IMO.
You could try Javascript first although it's not a programming language it could kickstart your shit and give you some basic concepts.

That's portabiliy between operating systems on the same type of cpu (x86/x64).

please, give us some exemplary code.

Anti assembly faggots claim that not every x86 processor will work exactly the same, which is bulllshit since rollercoaster tycoon works on any processor.

>Anti assembly faggots claim that not every x86 processor will work exactly the same
Nobody claimed that, you retard.
>which is bulllshit since rollercoaster tycoon works on any processor
*any x86 processor

umm try again sweetie :^)

>how to tell someone is a pleb at programming
>they think assembly is somehow arcane or obscure

how dare you make me read that

I have seen anti assembly FUD say there are differences in x86 processors that will break code and make it not portable.

Assembly code is portable to any processor of the same architecture. The hardware specific details that are hardcoded into pure assembly are not portable.

Assembly programs for, say, Windows, don't hardcode that stuff, though. Hell, they can't even if they wanted to, the hardware is all managed by the OS. The assembly code will call the same win32 functions that your C application would.

Well that's not what I nor anyone else itt was saying. We're talking about portability across architectures, not µArchitectures.

almost better than typical templated and design patternted C++ code

>C#
>JavaScript
Really ?

>javascript
>not a programming language
now i dont want to sound like a web babby or anything but

..but?

>babby
baby

What is the difference between architecture and microarchitecture?

>Not including ruby
Fake news

Intel might have some magic microcode instructions that aren't present on amd and vice versa

Kill yourself, newfag.

Just had a job interview yesterday. I was asked what languages I had the most experience in. I replied C and ASM, but the look on the interviewer's face when I said ASM was similar to the face you would see If you told someone that the earth was actually a decahedron. They then asked again to confirm that I actually like programming in ASM.

So did they offered you a job?

Waiting to hear back. Hasn't even been 24 hours since the interview. Honestly I think I fucked up other parts of the interview with answers that could have been answered differently, but I'm remaining hopeful. Even if they lowball me a bit, I'll still probably take the job. I have bills to pay and part time jobs aren't cutting it.

Malbolge is the superior language.
Just look at it.

(=

what does this do? adds two numbers?

You could always freelance. Web design is breddy easy, and everybody needs it done.

>powerful
Only from a hardware perspective, and even then, C/C++ trump it easily, with inline assembly. It gets retardedly annoying having to reimplement basic data structures for day-to-day programs. Honestly, the place that ASM has right now as the driver and OS bootstrapping language is well deserved. The only exception is mainframe assembly, which is here to stay because of the finance industry jew.

It exits the program with exit code 42. I don't know why anyone would write an entire ELF executable in assembler but I think was just trying to be a prick by cherrypicking an example that was messy and uninformative.

i agree, it is easy to understand and code in.

also

>not realizing that almost any code written in any language gets translated to system specific assembly in compilation and is often very ineffective

i forget but i think simple switch cases in e.g. C produce like 50 lines of code when translated to assembly whereas if you simply compare a stored value to the program counter you can make a very short and efficient switch case.

Well, I went to school for CompE, but at my uni we were paired with EE rather than CS. I honestly barely was able to get "under construction" onto a domain I purchased. If you need someone to make you a coffee maker however, I'm your man. We never learned java, only took one class in CPP, no Python, a little bit of perl to write test scripts, some bash in which I learned more on my own, etc. Primarily we learned Matlab, C, ASM, and Verilog. As a result of this, freelancing is rather difficult as web technologies are starting to take off whereas the stuff I am geared for, microcontrollers and such, are more only available as full time jobs in enterprise conditions. I was going to make some vape batteries as I know those sell, but the FDA put a big stop on that right around the time I had finished my first prototype. I've been trying to take the time to learn more, however brakes are applied as I work multiple part time jobs and need to still sleep and find some time to myself. I also inherited property recently so I need to keep upkeep going on that.

Cthulhu? Is that you?

>flagorgy

nice walled garden cuck.enjoy sucking microsoft's cock

How is assembly related to sucking microsoft's cock?

So the only time you ever need to care for microarchitecture is when you're optimizing it like graphics drivers for GPU?

>its faster!
>but it's not portable
>yes it is
>no it's not, this feature differs between manufacturers and gives quite a bit of speed
>you don't need to use it unless you want speed
So is it fast or portable?

Architecture is PowerPC, MIPS, x86, etc. µArch is Sandy Bridge, Ivy Bridge, etc.

both.

I know that microsoft invested heavily in optimizing x86, maybe that's what that poster is talking about?
What the hell are you doing? Just work for Atmel/microchip or something.

>had to be 90th percentile IQ
you misspelled chain-smoking functional alcoholic