Why does every single sweaty nerd on this board hate web developers?

Why does every single sweaty nerd on this board hate web developers?
Why does it matter whether an application's interface is a web page, a win32 form, a terminal or a minecraft world?

Other urls found in this thread:

trymore-inc.jp/
hackernoon.com/how-it-feels-to-learn-javascript-in-2016-d3a717dd577f
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Have you used the internet recently? Yeah, that's why everybody hates web devs.

Cause web developers can make money
And user from /g can't

> Visit facebook and Sup Forums mostly
> These sites look and feels like a shit
> This is fault of every web developer in person

cos they're not programmers

Most web development is incredibly formulaic. Set up a database scheme, data access in your language of choice, a web front end that consumes the data and allows you to change it. 75% of the work a web developer does in centered around these steps. Most "real programmers" feel this isn't real programming because there's hardly any problem solving, it's just generating the boilerplate for an HTML form for to register in a database somewhere.

That's because you only visit two sites.
You don't have a reasonable grasp of modern webdevelopment.

Take this website for example
trymore-inc.jp/

Websites with falling leaves or petals are another good example of absolute shit. Even with a modern processor and Chrome the instant you scroll the browser stops for a second to think.

Why does every kid on this board program? Where are the network engineers that can actually hold up a real technical conversation?

Woah I thought nips didn't give a damn about the current design trends

Because web devs are "self taught" (i.e. retards) who don't know shit about actual programming and instead of learning how to program they post twitter updates about how cool they are

tl;dr web"""devs""" are cancer

They just don't bother upgrading current shit to new design trends.

New shit follows new trends.

Their basic philosophy is don't fix what isn't broken.

Formatting HTML and fucking CSS cancer does not make you a programmer. Building an IKEA shelf does not make you a carpenter, either...

Autocompleting code doesn't make you a programmer either.

I know.

Sounds like you need to try more

>Why does it matter whether an application's interface is a web page, a win32 form, a terminal or a minecraft world?
no one has yet to answer this question. what a surpise.

A lot of web developers don't do anything from scratch and don't know how to do anything from scratch. They just use prebuilt frameworks and mash shit together. Web is much more accepting of this approach than compiled languages because bad code will still show up, it may even appear to work properly.

stop being retarded, writing a minecraft world game and writing a webpage a vastly different you fucking mong.

>write algorithm to calculate all primes from 0 to 2,000,000,000
>display the result on a web page generated by NodeJS

>display the result in a win32 form

>display the result in terminal

>display the result in a minecraft server's chat using the Bukkit API

lol the webdeveloper above^^ is such a noob xD

i don't think anyone argues people installing wordpress plugins are web developers

you are not making any sense

probably cause im only a retarded web dev.
>yfw to smart

>post retarded garbage
>lel im 2smert4uuuuXD
okay

>t. brainlet

wtf is there not to understand?
the same algorithm implemented in a bunch of different platforms, yet the web developer is completely discredited his work because he decided to print his output in an HTML page, instead of (for example) a terminal.

You mistakenly believe the web dev could do back end shit in the first place lmao

Get off this board, it's almost like you came straight from CurseForge.

with that you're admitting a web developer who does backend is not by definition worse than any other developer. thank you user.

because applications that only offer a web front end are a pain in the ass to use.

Get off this board, it's most likely you came straight from autism treatment.

Wow. It doesn't even look right. The perspective of the tilted tiles on the green "page" (scroll down 3 times I think) is off.

obviously there's a time and a place for everything.
how useful would youtube be with only a terminal interface?

it is actually hilarious how many levels of abstraction is in webdev

hackernoon.com/how-it-feels-to-learn-javascript-in-2016-d3a717dd577f

(guilty confession , i actually enjoy doing webdev stuff)

>Why does it matter whether an application's interface is a web page, a win32 form, a terminal or a minecraft world?
Look, I don't mind web developers, but this is a fucking stupid thing to say. The answer is obvious: because it's slow as fuck.

I use Atom and while it's a very nice text editor, there is absolutely no denying that it eats RAM like there's no tomorrow, takes nearly 15 seconds to start up and really seriously starts to lag when trying to provide error reporting or code completion (or just when you leave it open for a long time). In particular the code completion is much much slower than Visual Studio, so slow that it defeats half the point of code completion at all, by the time it's prompted GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT from GL_COL, I could have just typed out the rest of the fucking constant.

We simply cannot make hardware faster more quickly than these people are using up the power doing ever dumber things. I have faster RAM than I've ever had, a faster CPU, a faster boot disk and a faster internet connection and the chat application I use takes longer than ever before to start up. That is not okay.

The people who made Atom aren't web developers though. They're desktop software developers who for no reason use web technologies to create desktop software.

>if i work as x then i am x
so if i pretend to be a police officer that makes me a police officer?
fucking retard

you need to a licence to be a police officer.
you're a backend developer simply by developing backends.

And I wasn't complaining about web developers, I was pointing out the obvious power eating problems with implementing your application's interface as a web page.

when is say web application i mean a program that runs on a server and interfaces with it's user through a web page, not something like atom or vs code. i'm talking youtube, facebook, google.

Define "snag".

so if normie mc norman starts doing "backend" dev tomorrow he is just as good of a programmer as RMS?
do you realize how fucking stupid you are?

if RMS starts working on a web dev project he doesn't automatically become retarded over night.
normie mc norman is not automically retarded because he also does frontend.

Then that's pretty okay. It's still probably heavier and often less easily automatable but that's not a big deal for most use cases. (Although it certainly doesn't need to be, it's just that the people who force you to use their web portal and the people who don't provide access to other options tend to be the same guys).

*normie mc norman is retarded because HE JUST STARTED doing web dev, not BECAUSE he's doing webdev.

How can webdevs EVER compare to programmers like Linux, RMS or poettering?

RMS is probably a better developer than most web developers, yes.
But the average Sup Forums C-praising fizzbuzzer is NOT automatically better than any web developer.

and the average webdev is not better than the average ACTUAL programmer
your point?

Webdev seems like cancer from my limited exposure. Makes me think of that trend a while back where all the normies started riding longboards everywhere and insisted they were "skateboarders". Casuals.