Hey Intel. Get REKT M9!

youtube.com/watch?v=L3l9vZD7h_8

Other urls found in this thread:

guru3d.com/news-story/amd-ryzen-14nm-wafer-yields-pass-80-threadripper-cpus-on-track.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why does this guy sound like he has a huge cock in his mouth 24/7.

Learn to talk properly faggot

Because you have negative connotations with his message so you are trying to demean his character as much as possible, to make it "OK" not to listen to him.

fuck off you stupid annoying cunt.

I am an AMD fan myself, but I won't come to brag about everything they do right.
oh and btw, rule #2

IIT Autists caring about quality of posts for the first time to hide their butthurt.

>Get REKT M9!

go back. you know where.

It's only shitposting when you don't like it.

>Jew tears
Delicious. Cry harder goyim

DELET

I have a question. (I'm not keeping any side I don't give a shit about cpus)

Why do people call out intel even tho the new processors aren't even out?

>AdoredTV

Nothing but AYYMD shilling

The platform looks like a mess before it's even been released. The CPUs look to be the exact same shit as Broadwell-E anyway.

>Why do people call out intel even tho the new processors aren't even out?

You meant the Kabylake-X catastrophy?
Are you living in a cave for the last week?

um, I don't don't really care about cpus, as I stated above.
I'm curious why people draw conclusions before release tho

>new

>um, I don't don't really care about cpus, as I stated above.
So basically you know nothing and confused when people who knows things calling it shit.
Okay, then.

lurk moar.

>jelly of the scottish accent

This video is only news to idiots that didn't know anything about Intel's monolithic ringbus garbage or AMD's Infinity Fabric linked MCMs.

Ebyn.

Fuck you, I was drinking my green tea! Good morning by the way.

Just finished watching. Can't fucking wait what will AMD offer in like 2 or 3 year, its going to be fucking glorious, hopefully Intel catches up so AMD won't become the jews eventually.

Can someone explain what is Infinite Fabric is to a tech illiterate
Why people always said that this is the key for AMD winning?

A high speed interconnect for core complexes. AMD's own tech.

a what?

It's what lets these seperate dies communicate at high speed.

My new lockscreen @ the office.
Btw we all have Jewtell processors and my employer thinks all AMD's are heathouses setting the company on fire. Anyway idgaf about my employer so it's my lockscreen img now.

>Infinite Fabric
basically
AMD connect their core through a "main bus"
they call this main bus Infinite Fabric

Intel connect their core by a "ring"
it's a good idea when you only have like 6~4 core
but the more core you have, higher latency you got
that's why it's harder to scale like AMD cpu

Okay that explain a bit.
But people also said that this "infinite fabric" make AMD CPU much more cheaper to make and make them win the price war..
That's where I'm so confused, how can it be more cheaper than Intel?

it's cheaper to make smaller die

basically, AMD are just making a fuck load of quad cores, and well, then using the infinity fabric to just stick them on a single cpu socket.

Intel is making a single 6 to 18 (or more with xeons) on a die, what is far more complex and more expensive to make, so when they get a good cpu capable of lots of fully working cores, its more rare and they charge bigbux.

AMD has to make 8core modules (CCX) and they can in theory, glue together indefinitely.
Other cost saving in smaller modules is, if let's say one module doesn't work as good as others and is bottlenecking whole CPU, they can just change that one module instead of scrapping the whole thing.

> Pajeet video
I can't watch this shit

You're a fucking retard lacking basic intelligence. Learn to use a search engine.

I get it now, so basically Ryzen is just bunch of quadcore staple together and quadcore is much cheaper to make.
But what is the limit of this infinite fabric?
Why not just make a 32 cores for consumer board instead of server boards and literally kill intel market?

Because they don't have to try and hope a massive 32 core die has all the cores working.
They just have to pump out 8 cores and strap them together. And if one of those id defective, we'll it's now a 6 core.

Intel has to hope they make one without error. That's why some of their Xeons are $8900.
AMD just has to mix and match to get the core count.
And the thing is, AMD is getting most of their 8cores made without defect to begin with.

> 8 cores, 16 sexteen threads
reported to the fbi

None of those explaining the basic of why anything more than quadcore is much expensive to make before Ryzen came out, all of them only full of tech jargons.

>Why not just make a 32 cores for consumer board instead of server boards and literally kill intel market?
There's nothing stopping them from putting 32 cores on Threadripper, but they're using that for servers first.

>But what is the limit of this infinite fabric?
We don't know.
>Why not just make a 32 cores for consumer board instead of server boards and literally kill intel market?
Threadripper is going to use same socket as Epyc from what we know right now, nothing is stopping anyone buying server CPU for home use.

They're 8 cores dies. With 80% yields. guru3d.com/news-story/amd-ryzen-14nm-wafer-yields-pass-80-threadripper-cpus-on-track.html

>DELID

>RedditoredTV

>Epyc Defeat
>[Remove]

What's the bet they'll all reach 3.9-4Ghz happily. Haveing so much space between the die's gives me hope.
There's no way Intel can compete with what they're going to output at high core counts.

I agree, their 18 core Skylake Xeon is 2.7GHz base, completely uncompetitive, even if THreadripper is 3.5GHz

Of course, the seperate soldered dies means cooling them is not an issue. There's also a HUGE heatspreader.

Just imagine if Intel's 18 cores < Threadripper's 16 cores. The price difference is huge.

Yeah it looks like TR 16 core will beat the rebadged Xeon. And come out several months earlier. Take the 1800X score and double it, that's about where it will end up, in the 3100-3200 range.

8 cores in a die (composed of 2 4-core-complexes, but still in the same die)

>Why not just make a 32 cores for consumer

Because it's mostly not needed for the consumer market. You also need better memory bandwidth to fill all the cores (4-channel or 8-channel memory instead of 2-channel), bigger sockets, more expensive mainboards, etc. They just announced the threadripper platform, and I think that they will release also 24- and 32-cores in the future.

But a better investment of die surface for a normal consumer would be an APUs, that is, CPU with a small integrated discrete graphic processing unit. They are also announced, but they are a little behind with Vega, so they will need a little more time.

18 Core Skylake-X will be 205W and 3.2GHz clocks just so they don't lose the performance crown.

Lets just ignore it's gonna be 10-15% faster while using twice the power of threadripper

>Youtube
lol
>AdoredTV
Gross

I would laugh if they did that, but let's face it, nobody bought the 2x expensive 2x TDP 10% more powerful Intel CPU last time either.

>205W

Two can play that game, 16 cores threadripper at 3.9GHz when?

Because the architecture is the same as before(aside from AVX-512, which is doing something that should be left for GPUs anyway, and higher L2 cache at the cost of L3), so we already have a good idea of how they're going to perform, the same as with remaining Zen CPUs AMD is going to release.

The bigger the die area, the more defective parts you're going to get. So while AMD can just slap a bunch of small dice together, Intel has to make big ones, which results in more CPUs are damaged and either have to be thrown out completely, or at least need to have at least some of their cores disabled so they work. The latter strategy is naturally more expensive.

Ryzen dies are cheap to produce because they're relatively small, so lots of them fit on a silicon wafer and some defects on the wafer means they only have to toss few of the cores away or disable them partially to use them as 6 or 4 core dies (= high yield).

if you want to form a larger CPU, you can just put several of these cheap Ryzen dies together and they will work together like a larger single CPU. if you tried to make the same amount of cores on one die your yield would be much lower because the die size is much bigger.

I remember this image from the Fermi wars

>using exclamation points
I for one am happy for the Intel rape but I agree with this post.