Does anyone else get sad when they think about how many people in the world have so little...

Does anyone else get sad when they think about how many people in the world have so little? There are people that have nothing, and people who likely will not live past twenty. Innumerable amounts of people that will never get to have an education to get a chance at having a future. So many people are abused by their oppressive governments.

It makes me sad.

Yes desu

Even though most of Sup Forums will shrug it off as "not white, not my problem" to delude themselves into thinking everything is okay.

Can't think about it

Yes. This really bothers me about Sup Forums, that they seem to not care about non-whites.

Honestly if neighbour got killed i wouldn't care so i find it hard to care about people half a world away.

Babbys first existential crisis

Then there are people who have everything and make bad decisions. Don't pity people, there's always something wrong with them no matter how good or bad their lives are.

meh, this world is pretty boring. i wish i didn't have to live in it at all desu

I try to turn off the water when I'm brushing my teeth, washing my face or putting soap on my hands because of fucking African children memes that make me feel bad(no water in Africa etc.)

I also feel bad then my food gets bad and I throw it away due to the poor people thing and out TV bitching about how wasteful Poles are when it comes to food when people all over the world are starving.

Not really. They should git gud.

fuck the niggers, I'm glad I got shit to eat and cigs to smoke. this world is about taking care of yourself and perhaps helping your loved ones. my heart is most certainly not bleeding for anybody else, especially for immigrants

Not my fault if they are poor
Not their fault if they are born poor
But if they die poor its their fault

The world isint fair, its always survival of the fittest from the start.

You're being over sensitive.

But yes I am them I would be sad, but I will find a way to get myself out of poverty.(whether in a honest or dishonest way)

3egy5me

gib freedom pls

I like my freedom in apaches. Remember to shoot at the goverment and then the slums

It would really suck to be then, but I'm jaded by all the charities that ask me for money every single day, on tv, IRL in the street, beggars. If I gave everyone who ever asked me £5 I would literally have no money at the end of every week.

Maybe I'll feel more charitable when I reach some career success and actually have something to give back for.

Ikr

Why don't all poor people just make money and not be poor?

Why should I care, humans are actaully living great lives in the first world. Everybody else is an animal that should go extinct

>most of them are too lazy to go to school or try jobs that are different to the ones they are accustomed with.
>>t. former slum rat

To be honest with you I'm usually busy thinking about how I don't have enough.

Only first worlders care about that because they don't have to live among poor scum, most of them are poor because they fucking deserve it

No, but that’s just because I lack empathy in general.

It has always been like that,you will get over this little existential crisis.

Btw,there are 7 billion people already in this planet user,it has gotten out of control.It will just get worse and worse.

We could have been born as any other of those 7 billion people. We were very lucky. It just makes me sad that there is no way we cannot extend the level of prosperity we have to the rest of the world.

Usa send us monies

I was innocent like you.

Now I don't fall for leftist propaganda anymore.

There are LOT OF mediocre people in the world that can't do anything to change their countries or lives. Really.

This is one more problem. International leftism.

The world is becoming worse? B-but user, we can't obligue third world womem have less children and use condom! It's wrong!! Islamophobia!!!

They don't really think like that irl, they're just shitposting here

And to answer OP, yes, and I've looked into what I can do through volunteering work but haven't found anything substantial that I can do to this moment haven't had

>volunteering work

This thing opened my eyes so hard. There are so fucking many mediocre people in the world man. And leftism is THE problem.

They treat poor people like... poor people. It's like poor people are dumb forever, so we need to send AID for them.

Sometimes I think the best solution for third world countries is a fascist regime that promotes condoms and forced birth control, removes every poor kids from their parents and put them into padronized schools.

People in economically poor regions have many children to help them with work and to increase the chance of some of them surviving. It wasn't too different 60 years ago in Bulgaria for example but after industrialisation it all changed and now we're n.1 in negative population growth. You can't force people to have less children hoping that their standard of living will rise, it's the other way around.

No. I used to. I believed the telethons, donated to the charities, cried a tear over the tsunami etc.

Most disasters are not covered by western media. The ones we see are largely areas where westerners already live, work and holiday.

Caring a lot about for instance the thai tsunami but remaining ignorant of poison rivers in Mumbai, is tantamount to selective crocodile tears. Which is hypocritical.

Besides,the world is very different from what you describe. Most kids go to school and get vaccines. Most people live to relatively old age. The social barriers have shrunk.

The real fight now is internal, against the hyper-wealthy. It is they who should be pitied; when the uprising begins they are truly the first to get pitchfork chairs.

Without that accumulation of resources in stagnant cesspools, world economy will be healthier, accelerating the change already described thoroughly by Hans Rosling et. al.

Educate yourself. You're describing The World According To Red Cross (tm)

>They treat poor people like... poor people. It's like poor people are dumb forever, so we need to send AID for them.

I totally get what you're saying, it's true there's a lot of condescending attitudes that come with volunteering or charity(which imo isn't a good tactic to dealing with poverty). People should be encouraged to deal with their own problems and not wait for someone else to do it for them, thats really also the only way things can work out for them in the long-term. It still won't hurt to help though, esp. in regions where there's armed conflicts.

>armed conflicts

You need to finish them if you want to help them.

We don't have any really poor people here anymore but thosewith a high living standard have 0-1 and welfare people have 2-3 children usually. You just can't apply old rules from before industrialization anymore imo.

In the end all that matters is to not become jaded and at least try to help and make a small difference. I think that we're royally fucked in the long term and will probably disappear as a species pretty soon. But for now you can still try to make a change.

Look at Iran, Pakistan, East Africa etc.

Family planning works. It really fucking works. People understand they get more out of each dollar if it doesnt go to feed three times as many kids. It's been exceptionally effective in Iran and Pakistan.

Besides, saying the economic must improve for the social to work, is like putting the cart in front of the horse and calling it progress. The people you "Help" become dependent in a most insidious way that leaves them complacent.

Literally look at any african country. You'll find farming machines, road machines, docks, ships, quays, cranes, forklifts etc. all unused, all dilapidated, because some well meaning soul thought they just lacked the tools to help themselves. It's much more complex, and the only way to truly help is through education.

These days most boys and most girls go to school. If the media tells you otherwise, they lie. It is only the outliers who forbid or oppose this strategy, the rest of the world (including oppressive governments) see that an educated populace drastically improves GDP.

>t. humanitarian capital of the world.

#edgy

2-3 is not a lot.

I didn't say it doesn't, it surely does, but it's not enough to make a difference on a global scale.

Education is the way to go, but I fear it won't be enough either as long as there's people who profit from others' poverty and illiteracy.

life is hard, that's why you gotta be hard and not give a fuck

meh

>Does anyone else get sad when they think about how many people in the world have so little?

lol no

it's a world of cannibals out there

fuck them