Untitled

?

I installed this a few months ago. Still dont know what this shit can to better than bash, but I like the fact that it does not always show the full path. That's enough for me

>no sane defaults
no thanks

pretty old shit I used it 10 years ago but now i'm full into Fish shell.

I have no reason to move away from bash to anything else.

>using defaults
you are not sane

>not using mksh

not him, but
>having to configure every fuckin programm for hours
Why do NEETs think this is good?
A programm should be fuckin comfortably useable with default settings. Tweaking shit is only to make it more comfy, if one uses that programm so much that it would improve workflow

Please sir, do the needful and delete this picture.
Thank you very much,
user.

Finally, a command
line shell for the 90s

>checked

zsh is so bad noone agrees on any sane configuration. We have shitload of bloated frameworks for muh autocompletion or riced shit.
Bash is simple and get shit done without all the bullshit and is available everywhere where work needs to be done.
Keep your hobby shell to yourself, we don't have time to waste learning your shit.

Please sir, do the needful and delete this picture.
Thank you very much,
user.

>macfag
of course

>that image

is three point perspective proprietary?

>displaying what track is playing like that
>its fucking rise against

yep thats a mac fag

such technology didn't exist back then

Why does it show a fuckin wifi symbol and current track? What the fuck. You should know by listening what track is playing.
Retards

>Delete because of two means comments
Typical macfag everyone, can't stand criticisms about his garbage tastes
kys, also here is the pic.

How the fuck is he supposed to delete the picture you posted? Dumbfuck.

Sir, please try to understand, I do not like to see Yotsuba in a compromised scenario. If the bastard motheryaar kindly deletes the picture he posted, we can all go back to shitting on the trash that is zsh. fish has better fuzzy matching anyway.

lmao kill yourself faggot

>Keep your hobby shell to yourself, we don't have time to waste learning your shit.
I use bash like the rest of the world

zsh + oh-my-zsh + agnoster theme + autocomplete + gentoo autocomplete btfos everything

>needing anything more than ksh

Enjoy your bloat.

>Brendon Rapp
>B. Rapppp

>oh-my-zsh
found the homosexual

You're probably right.

Hello I use tcsh
tcsh may be a bit of a struggle to configure, but I've learned volumes in the process about technology in general, not just my shell features

I implore anyone who cannot decide on a shell to at least try out csh, or tcsh. They are firm shells, unlike zsh's soft, pliable shell.

>oh-my-zsh
Memes aside, that shit is bloated and irrelevant.

>only has a slightly improved tab-completion from bash and not a clever last-command-prediction like in fish shell
>can't type something like "sudo apt " and then go through your history of sudo apt ** commands like in fish shell
>have to disable time to get the time command to work (?)
>have to use a script to show current directory in window titles
I don't know why I bothered configuring this shit when fish makes everything so much more convenient

>>only has a slightly improved tab-completion
depending on your autocomplete plugins, this can range from very good, sometimes even explaining what each argument does, or even memorizing hostnames across different commands, to stock bash levels of bad
>>can't type something like "sudo apt " and then go through your history of sudo apt ** commands like in fish shell
It can do that and apparently it does it better than fish
>>have to disable time to get the time command to work (?)
The (?) is justified, I have no idea what you mean, werks for me.
>>have to use a script to show current directory in window titles
In .zshrc
case $TERM in
xterm*) precmd () {print -Pn "\e]0;%n@%m: %~\a"} ;;
esac
This is how most shells do their configs

This

fucking lol'd, but i don't necessarily agree

>zyklon shell

i use iTerm (zsh).

pretty badass imho

>The (?) is justified, I have no idea what you mean, werks for me.
try formatting it with -r

I prefer fish

Those are some faggot fonts.

how do i make bash behave like zsh?

>shitty terminal software built on top of 60s technology
>cool

emacs is my shell

I like fish, pls bully

>caring about what shell you use
when you manage 500+ heterogeneous servers you stop caring

>when you manage 500+ heterogeneous servers your only real option is bash
FTFY

Has anyone tried rc?

I have never seen autism this profound.

don't worry, people aren't allowed to bully gays anymore, only straight white males

fuck. sauce on that plox

no one believes you that you manage more than you little raspberry pi "server"
because if you'd actually manage "500+ heterogeneous servers" you'd fucking care about using only posix compliant shells

1. install zsh
2. set login shell to zsh

well tell us why we would use mksh over zsh.

>sauce
their night together
also
learn to image search

>What is a ps1

>fish
>people actually use this shit
why?

wow, that was some shit ps1. Why would you need all that shit on your terminal if it is already displayed on the top bar? It's like the retards using a clock on the main screen of android and leaving the top bar clock also. WHY?
Only time something like that would make sense is if you are SSHing into a laptop and you need info on that computer, but then if wifi goes out, it kills the SSH session, the stupid Wifi status icon is useless

>It's like the retards using a clock on the main screen of android and leaving the top bar clock also. WHY?

Having redundant data > Having no data

every single time.

It's /comfy/ as fuck.

Sane language - fuck strict POSIX.

Prezto!

Considered harmful

I still don't understand the point of using shells besides Bash. The only use I got out of Zsh was ricing my prompt. Dash is too barebones to be comfy.

It's easier to learn but it's a piece of shit
and I use it at work, so I racked up some usage with it.
Also, if you have to use it, keep your hands of csh and only use tcsh

I hop shells too and the only real answer is Bash. It has all the basic needs, autocomplete and command highlighting is useless IMHO since I learn by usage.

Seriously.

Sup Forums used to be cool. its gone to complete crap tier.

"look at me guys linux is so cool I can screenfetch."

I get tired of that crap. nobody cares about your stupid screen fetches except you (because its probably the only program you know how to run from terminal.

This board should either be renamed to /win/ or to /llarp/ (linux live action role play cuz we all know thats all you pidors do with linux is role play using it

>Fish shell
typical fish user

Dont you mean psx?

oh, so this wasn't original from the other thread, it's just pasta

I don't see what a DVR has to do with any of this

hello where are the discussion on korn shell

just use fucking python

You mean Perl

>good autocomplete
Please teach me

… wouldn't it be even better to have just enough?

>X shell is better than Y shell
>"You know what's a good replacement for a shell? A scripting language."

I think he may be the one

I tried to uninstall bash and use zsh instead, but it won't let me.

Don't need the bloat of having two shells on my system, so I'm gonna stick with bash.

Honestly he has a point. Fish, for instance, focuses on being interactive, the tradeoff being it's utter shit for any kind of scripting. You could make all your scripts in python and use fish as your login shell.

But having to fire up an interpreter when you have a shell running right there seems really autistic.

Install all the zsh-completions packages you can find in your repos

>tried to uninstall bash
fucking moron

Fish is perfectly fine for small scriptlets, it only falls apart once you start making them really complex and by then Python is the way to go.

>and by then Python is the way to go.
You mean Perl

>oh-my-zsh
Have you considered shutting the fuck up and letting real people talk?

The fact that I need to `disown` before hitting hitting Ctrl-D to leave `bg`ed process alive is a disgrace.

zsh completion is broken