Are these considered athletes in your country?

I don't care what they are considered by popular media, I consider them sad pathetic beings who's only redeeming quality is making money from other sad pathetic people who for whatever reason like to watch other people play instead of just playing themselves. From a business standpoint they are genius, anything else they are pathetic.

Not really, they just happen to have enough people who do consider them athletes to be able to make money doing something anyone else could be doing.

This.

darts level athletes

>for whatever reason like to watch other people play instead of just playing themselves.

>whatever reason

because they are the best at the game? just like any other athletes

you reek of nerd

according to the government yes, although I think it depends on the game. I know some """""""""""""""""""""""""""""competitive""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" smash player had trouble getting an athlete visa because even the government knew better than to consider smash an esport.

No different than chess players and rapists tbqf

Athletes, like how professional poker players are athletes.

I never claimed to understand or support the concept of watching actual athletes play either. Same stupid concept, you laze around getting fat and wasted wasting your money to watch alpha males earn millions while staying in shape all thanks to anyone who is more than just a casual sports fan.

This.

>No different than chess players and rapists tbqf

Why did I kek so hard

>all thanks to anyone who is more than just a casual sports fan.

many people watch it because of betting or talking about their favorite teams or learning better tactics etc
>all thanks to anyone who is more than just a casual sports fan

not really no, most of athletes salaries comes from big sponsorships and ads, specific players merchandise makes up only like 1% of their income

No.
But they usually break the curfew hours and get jailed until mama claims them to the police station.

Very much so, they're playing esports.

>I can't understand the concept of sport
literally dumber than a bunch of Greek pedos

Thing is, everyone loves a hero, because why do they go to movie theatres and watch Rocky or Iron man, etc etc?

>these considered athletes in your country

more like zadrots

No. But french government wants to recognize them as such in order to get even more tax shekels from their salaries and money betting which is probably the best thing a french gov as done in the past 20years

>this is considered an athlete in Sweden
lmao

Nah, esports isn't big here like it is in Korea and China

>this is considered an athlete in America
lmao

>not really no, most of athletes salaries comes from big sponsorships and ads
without the casual fan these sponsorships wouldn't exist

Dat nigga can beat you senseless with just one punch bitch.

yes

Physical exertion + trained skill = athlete, sports. These "guys" only have the trained skill part

No.

And athletes themselves shouldn't be considered anything great either.

Wait Russia got unbanned?

Heh, unlike foreign devir counterparts, Koreans e-athletes undergo mandatory exercise routine. They just don't sit in front of computer all day and it's probably one of the reasons why Korean e-athletes excel better than others.

>And athletes themselves shouldn't be considered anything great either.
your dubs won't save you from your memories of getting cut from the soccer team

>7

>1

What?

yes

But that guy is american???

What a fucking joke. They don't do shit except for playing all day. Most of them aren't even mentally gifted like most pro chess players, they're just idiots who play all day. Being an athlete is horrible.. I was close to being a professional swimmer but I've hated it because they basically forced me to train every day, eat right and forbid me to party etc.. you got to sacrifice at to become a professional

yes

If you just play all day as a pro in League of Legends for example you're not going to get far lol. Top teams have coaches, analysts, sport psychologists, set schedules, team meetings etc.

aka sports

>being this mad because someone is getting money while playing vidya
It's just something that most of them do for a while in their teens/early 20s and after that they go on to a normal education and job
imagine going into college with shekels you got from esports, and you had some fun times in your younger days, good for whoever does that

They make money by competing professionally in a game. If you can take that as a definition of an "athlete" then sure, why not. If your definition involves great physical exertion then maybe not. Bickering over labels is pretty boring though tbqh.

>literally sitting and letting the horse do all the work while getting all the praise
>athletes

Where does this primitive thought process come from that everything competitive needs to include physical strength? There's also factors technique, strength, knowledge, experience, talent and so on that can be impressive.

they get paid big shekels for it too

No but a lot of thw kids like em. I dunno what kind of enjoyment they get for watching someone play a vidya you like, that's like watching someone else fuck yo girl.

Too bad I suck at dota. 1.7 mmr here...

where does this though process come from that anything competitive can be considered a sport? competition between talent, experience, or knowledge is more like a contest or pageant.

I'm assuming you also don't understand why people watch football or baseball then?

Is it really that hard to make this simple connection to see why people enjoy watching videogames at a high level?

Sports is different though and requires physical exertion and would understand the several factors people watch them. Vidya is just... Well, vidya.

I definitely agree competition would be a better term to use, but competitive gaming shares a lot of aspects with traditional sports. It's mostly important for legal issues like visa. What the average Chad or Stacy thinks of it does not matter at all.

Vidya is not just vidya, you just need a lot more knowledge of the game to understand and appreciate skill in it.

>anyone else

They're professional video gamers, not athletes.

It's like calling poker or chess a sport it just fucking isn't

i mean people get unnecessarily butthurt when someone says "esports" or "athletes", i watch a lot of esports and like yeah i sort of understand why people get butthurt "because they don't even run reee"

that's why i prefer "competitive gaming" so as to not trigger normies but esports is shorter and more striking

most pro gamers are fit and attractive anyway
pic related, fat gamer neckbeards

He looks like a dickhead wearing his beater in public like that

Bet he has his blundstones on underneath the table

That double headset though

Yes. Bulgaria was the second country in Europe after Russia to recognize eSports officially as a sport. Too bad eSports is dead here now.

ele é lindo :3

gamers have to wear a soundproof headset, and they usually wear their sponsors (this case logitech) headset and sometimes when the soundproof ones aren't real headsets they have earbuds under there, it used to be like this back when i watched LoL years ago

sean gares cutest and hottest pro desu

tru

Something's off about his face.

>hurr durr cant party eat right

i bet you eat Mcdonald and party everyday

sean is a cute boy :3

Why is everyone in C9 so ripped?

Wuts smash