Current state of Mozilla FireFox Nightly

FireFox now autocompletes botnet related addresses out of the box for (You), such as FaceBook, Instagram, the reddit, YouTube, Google and many other, including some chink services ',:^)
Enjoy :x :x :x

I think it's about time to abandon ship.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/nightly/latest-mozilla-central/
ghacks.net/2017/05/03/seamonkey-future-firefox-esr/
blog.mozilla.org/addons/2017/02/16/the-road-to-firefox-57-compatibility-milestones/comment-page-1/
github.com/mozilla/gecko-dev/blob/11a63f44ea5a232820715bf3729486efbc4c68ad/toolkit/components/places/unifiedcomplete-top-urls.json
bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1336946
bugzilla.mozilla.org/user_profile?user_id=583760
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>search or enter address
>it is searching like fucking always
>OP is a fag

Search suggestions are disabled and I was not even connected to the internet.
Don't believe me, see for yourself:
archive.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/nightly/latest-mozilla-central/

>Firefox adds inconsequential quality of life feature
>abloo bloo botnet sjwfox when you're going to switch to Chrome

Kill yourself pajeet.

there's chinese shit in there too

just install palemoon already.. FF is a lost cause

>inconsequential quality of life feature
What? Literally bloatware trash suggesting NSA-controlled websites is improving your "quality of life"?

>there's chinese shit in there too
>FF is a lost cause
Ikr, I'm really considering PM or SeaMonkey

Is it forcing you to visit Instagram?

seamonkey development was just abandoned not too long ago :(

It wasn't. They actually might join with ThunderBird team:
ghacks.net/2017/05/03/seamonkey-future-firefox-esr/

If seamonkey moves to ESR 52, it'll be forced to use pulseaudio also.

try Sup Forums

It doesn't suggest Sup Forums, so no influx of normies when this lands to stable. See: towards the end.

it's called cache you moron

Just stop updating FF. It ceased to introduce innovation long ago.

It isn't. Look again. It's set to always private mode, so no caching.

And a thread died for this? Who the fuck cares, don't like it? Don't use it.

>just get exploited lol

>Just stop updating FF
Not a good idea. Switching is probably the best option.

While possible and true, it doesnt happen very often. I find it to be secure enough to keep 3rd party script disabled unless from trusted sources.

yes it is.

i meant to confirm what you said with "yes it is"

I wonder what will hapenn with the 57 release.
Mainly the disabling of legacy addons will be something that will annoy a whole lot of people.

blog.mozilla.org/addons/2017/02/16/the-road-to-firefox-57-compatibility-milestones/comment-page-1/

Couldn't this be a great feature?

Make it an _option_ of downloading a compressed 100MB database of top visited web sites (can be updated with a diff every n days) then you have the convenience of auto-completion without using google's address bar keylogger service. Storage is so cheap and yet people send every key stroke they make over the internet.

Lol at the comments. I swear Mozilla developers are fucking morons and they do exactly the opposite of what the user wants.

It truly is ridiculous.
Way to alienate the Community you actually should care about.

>Couldn't this be a great feature?
Eh, no. I don't think so. They are not regional to begin with (althoguh it does have vk.com) and they're just "popular sites" with crap like nytimes, etc.. That really is of zero use to me. Plus I have my own bookrmarks collected throughout the last decade or so.

WFM

Using Nightly, which is pre-alpha build, and next crying that something got broken, just report an issue, faggot...

It will get to stable channel in a couple of months

So report an issue, faggot. It's your responsibility for using builds made only for testers.

>using the smiley with the carat nose

Care to explain what's so bad about this? Isn't this to enable FF to finally come up to standards in multi-threading and sandboxing?

im using a plugin to do this if anyone is wondering

>multi-threading and sandboxing
No. It already has multi threading ans sandboxing is only a issue on Windows platform right now. They have nothing to do with XUL removal. They remove XUL for the same reason why Australis happened - the audience they want to cater to may break the UI if they have too many options available.

It's a clean installation with no plugins which was never connected to the internet.

don't bother, this faggot larping as a girl probably didn't even check if that got reenabled after he updated

Nah, XUL is cancer spaghetti code at its core. I have no fucking clue why they did the australis shit but XUL was going to go sooner or later.

No update, it was a clean install with a new/clean profile, never connected to the internet.

/thread

doesn't matter mong, it's come with search suggestions enabled for a long time you just don't remember

What you have without XUL? Gecko and the rather slow *Monkey? Hardly any advantage over Chromium, rally.

>Femanon
>actually hating on SJWfox like a rational human

Post FUPA and cankles.

>search suggestions
They are disabled.

>retarded post
>femanon
like pottery

Servo's replacing Gecko as we speak and spidermonkey always wrecked v8. To actually support multiprocess though they gotta clean their APIs up like crazy.

I don't hate FireFox, I actually use it. But the developers are fucking morons and are soon going to completely destroy it unfortunately.

>Servo
Did you try it? It's hardly anything spectacular.

It's not special, just a shit ton faster than Gecko and replaces more spaghetti with safer rust. Refactoring all their shit these days.

then you visited all that shit and it's suggesting it from your history
fuck off already

clear your browsing data and show these settings, , in the webm

No, I didn't visit anything prior to that. No bookrmarks either. I did not even connect it to the internet. Try the latest Nightly and see for yourself.

>a shit ton faster than Gecko
What PC? On a 3770k they're the same. They, I mean FireFox, Chromium and Servo demo.

rm ~/.mozilla/firefox/*

I mean the rendering engines specifically, not the little tech demo servo browser they rigged up. Gecko was ancient netscape code at its core, anything would be faster on modern standard stuff.

I want to have hope in Servo but my guts tells me it's going to be vaporware for a lot of years still.

set it to false you mong
now fuck off

Servo is in firefox nightlies at least, it's not the browser. It's the renderer. The new browser they're working on is called Quantum currently.

Caret

Stop posting you are not me

I want atocomplete for MY history. MY HISTORY, not the crap that mozilla prepopulates it with. What exactly you don't understand? Disabling the feature alltogether does not solve the problem.

>It already has multi threading
Last time I checked they just separated the rendering thread. That doesn't make it much of a multi-threaded thing.

>Last time I checked they just separated the rendering thread
It's mozilla's implementation, and it will stay like this, with or without XUL. Currently they allow up to 7 processes, however they are allocated I don't know..

then fucking file a bug instead of whining here you fucking retard, that's what nightly is for not for casual browsing

>(Current year + 2017) / 2
>not already using Brave

Literally why

>Brave
No, I'd rather use IE.

>Solved. Wontfix.

>no argument
literal retard

It's already in the Android version on the stable channel for a few months. They don't intend in changing the behaviour.

>would rather use IE than a browser with a decent rendering engine, built-in adblock, built-in HTTPS Everywhere, simple (although admittedly at times too simple) UI, and support for essential extensions already here and support for all Chrome extensions coming soon

Literally off yourself

Enjoy your curated list of ads, cuck

>out of the box

Fix your user.js

and use what exactly
I think I'll just patch this out, thanks

I did not use any user.js. It was a clean profile

I'll enjoy my blocked ads, thanks

Jesus, they really cuck their userbase. Ahahahah

github.com/mozilla/gecko-dev/blob/11a63f44ea5a232820715bf3729486efbc4c68ad/toolkit/components/places/unifiedcomplete-top-urls.json

function UnifiedComplete() {
// Make sure the preferences are initialized as soon as possible.
// If the value of browser.urlbar.autocomplete.enabled is set to false,
// then all the other suggest preferences for history, bookmarks and
// open pages should be set to false.
Prefs;

if (Prefs.preloadedSitesEnabled) {
// force initializing the profile age check
// to ensure the off-main-thread-IO happens ASAP
// and we don't have to wait for it when doing an autocomplete lookup
ProfileAgeCreatedPromise;

fetch("chrome://global/content/unifiedcomplete-top-urls.json")
.then(response => response.json())
.then(sites => PreloadedSiteStorage.populate(sites))
.catch(ex => Cu.reportError(ex));
}
}

Is this XP?

God i wish that was me

?

bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1336946
So a woman is responsible for this?
bugzilla.mozilla.org/user_profile?user_id=583760

The user hasn't visited any web pages, and so the browser has nothing to suggest. Well, actually, it may suggest some of the default bookmarks we ship, but those are almost certainly not where the user wants to go.

The Awesomebar would be a lot more useful in a new profile if it was pre-seeded with a list of top web sites, so that it could return relevant results until it learns from the user's actual history. We would ship this as a static list in the browser so it's immediately ready for use.

People actually think this is a good idea?

>people exist that didn't switch to iridium yet
Jesus christ how reddit can you be

$ apt search iridium
Sorting... Done
Full Text Search... Done
previsat/unstable 3.5.1.7+dfsg1-2+b1 amd64
satellite tracking software for observing purposes

savi/unstable 1.5.0a-1 amd64
satellite constellation visualisation

I've made an stupid comment.

Well they probly get paid for every site on their list, so it's good for them.

Judging by this thread many think it is..

>femanon
Either post your tits or stop attention whoring you massive faggot.

I like it when retards get this triggered (:

Filtered.

>using an outdated non free OS on a potato when PCs are commoditized and many flavors of open-source software are available

no u

Pussy

What?

yeah the one you don't have, faggot

I sense jealousy?

>changing your name so a retard such as myself can still see your shitposts
Really makes the neurons engage. Filtered.

I actually shut down my PC and now phone posting from bed :3 I'll soon go to sleep, it's 2 mid night here

>baidu
>taobao
chink detected. fuck off

I'm ukrainian. That's what FireFox suggests (will soon) to everybody, regardless of location.

t. have no idea of how Brave works

OOOH NOOOO THEY'RE ADDING STUFF TO FIREFOX!
WHATEVER WILL I DOOOO? I'M TOO RETARDED TO TURN IT OFF! GUESS I'LL INSTALL GOOGLE CHROME NOW!

As if it matters whether I'm cucking you with Chad or with Bлaдимиp. You're still a cuck boi (: