What are these used for?

Obviously it's some type of data cable. I see them in big businesses and they're littered through out my school.

Other urls found in this thread:

peatsa.com/cableado/pdf/108232745.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

you're not supposed to know that

underage b&

Wifi cables

They're wifi extension ports. It triples your internets when you plug it in.

Well to connect to the internal network... but don't think everything can go thru sometimes only pc's inside the domain can acces to the network/internet

They're Wi-Fi dongle ports

God I fucking love normies

So in other words I would not be able to plug in any old ethernet to this type cable in and get cabled ethernet right?

They provide you with a username and password to access the schools internet but it seems like this is for internal access as someone mentioned

pls no

Don't believe Sup Forums, they're trying to trick you and/or don't know shit.
Those look like fancy keystone RJ45 ports (not only Ethernet uses RJ45, ISDN too for example, you'll know by the 40V zapping you). There's no knowing in what kind of network you end up, it depends on how the switchport that they connect to is configured. It might be shut down, it might put put you directly into a flat network where anything goes (not likely, if they've got the money for keystones they've got the money for a segmented network), it might put you into the VoIP vlan (virtual local area network), or the teacher vlan, or some student vlan, or a guest vlan, or a blackhole, or (and this is what I would do) it might implement 802.1X and ask you for username/password once you connect, check your credentials against a database and pull associated vlan information. You most likely still have to pass a proxy or firewall which checks for your identity before you can leave the lan and connect to the internet though.

connect them together. i bet they're too dumb to have STP set up

Thanks for the educated response.

how retarded exactly are you people?

Daily reminder that Wi-Fi stands for Wired-Fidelity.

I'm pretty smart actually, my IQ is 97/100

>97/100
yes, you are

It stand for Wireless Fireless

Does it hurt to be so autistic that you are unable to understand a joke?

What does the "MPSE" stand for?

Motion Picture Sound Editors

woowww soooo obscure.... idiot....

friggin retard

-__-

Your whole life passes through one of these somewhere young pup

At my uni, all the Ethernet ports connect to a private vlan which is MAC filtered for the uni's own computers. Easily bypassable with MAC spoofing though.

no firewire? ;~;

It's not Mac filtered it uses 802.1x certificates I guarantee it.

well...that's not ENTIRELY a bad way of saying "internet cable" or "ethernet cable" or "cat5 cable" or "cat6 cable"

Ethernet is a protocol, not a port or cable.

What does DATA stand for? Dual ATA?

peatsa.com/cableado/pdf/108232745.pdf

Wasn't literally this hard to search, you retards.