Firewalls

ITT we discuss firewalls
which do you use Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/dKBFaFhV
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Mikrotik. Is pretty neat.

Tinywall

You're asking to be cucked. Useless meme. Use common sense.

common sense doesn't work like that user. do you know why a firewall exists?

So the shit that you click on like an idiot before checking it would not connect to the internet without your permission. Common sense would tell you not to click on shit that might connect to the internet without your permission.

what if they're the ones connecting to you rather than you connecting to them

How? All my router's ports are stealthy. You can try, but any attempt will fail.

another computer on the lan infected??
if you keep acting this confident and care not for security it will bite you in the ass later

>another computer on the lan infected??
No.

no what?
why are you so confident in your security

>no what?
No infected PC on the LAN.

>why are you so confident in your security
Been like this for years.

Fuck off you fucking retard.

Hello, cuck (:

I know you're all going to call me stupid but holy fuck, Windows firewall makes no fucking sense to me and when I make changes it seems to do fucking nothing.

ufw

iptables, I've never used nftables nor I've heard much. What is it? Should I start using it?

Do you understand what stealthed ports are?

Femanon couldn't understand his way out of a paper bag.

None because I don't like bloat

Sonicwall and GMS

Komodo is the SHIT. Hella free Firewall.

Yes.

I use shorewall, but my network is bullshit complicated and I cant figure out the rules I need to make what I want to happen to actually happen.
This involves several subnetworks and like 4 interfaces on the actual machine, vpns, and all kinds of bullshit I dont even know the name of so I dont actually expect any help.

Sofar for basic bitch stuff, I really like shorewall alot. It just takes alot of time and patience or autism to sit down and learn.

>>no what?
>No infected PC on the LAN.
>>why are you so confident in your security
>Been like this for years.
Not him, but Ive been av and firewall free for years(except routers fw).
Its just too damn risky anymore. There was a period between 2005 and now that knowing what you were doing is acceptable, but if you value your shit then you should just go the secure route.

Example, you go to a friends/parents house who you have the wifi password for. Your phone connects, they have a worm in their network, you go home, bring the worm into your network. Its now on the inside of your firewall.
inb4 phones dont get viruses

This. There is no safe space for computers. You must act as if you are always in a DMZ.

dude you are basically dumb as fuck. i guess it's cool if you want to run your home shit like that, but there is definitely value to being able to control which computers access which protocols or ports on a network. locking down things like this eliminates yet one more vector of attack.

>i guess it's cool
At best. Not benefical in any way thouugh. You won't be "more secure" by cucking yourself with a memewall.

nftables
here's my config

pastebin.com/dKBFaFhV

>Responding at all to extremely low quality bait

This is Sup Forums. I am here to argue and shitpost.

It matter not if a post is bait.