So, this gen AMD lost even the budget market, why fuck are they still alive?

So, this gen AMD lost even the budget market, why fuck are they still alive?
Is this the power of retarded fanboys?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DbDpMWo7XTk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

R3 and APU's aren't even out yet. They will be coming sometime this year.

they didn't release their budget CPU yet.

Can't wait for a 35W 4c/8t.

Will they beat the pentium perfomance for less money?
Where is any proof if that?
Alsonwhat is the fucking point if they come 1 year later

Ryzen+Vega APU > G4560+1050 for the price.

For the price of what?
50€?

What the fuck why was this deleted?

Because it was all-caps shitposting?

This entire thread is shitposting though.

no, its a hard fact.

>AMD lost
>source: my ass

Margins are so slim in the ultra-budget category it's hardly even worth it. AMD will have something out there eventually.

The cheapest ryzen is 140€ and that pentium is 50

>Dual core
>Adequate in 2017
That doesn't even warrant a response. You're right in that AND doesn't have anything in that price segment yet but it shouldn't be too hard for them to top that.

Raven Ridge will complete with the pentium/celeron market, you mongoloid

>all Intel have left is being the budget brand for poorfags

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>complete
Whelp, looks like I'm the mongoloid here

>will
Compete against a pentium from a year ago?

dual cores are for minecraft and overwatch machines, nothing else

So intel is now only good for filthy neets like yourself who play video games in their moms basement all day long?

k

toplel the g4560 actually pwned the 6-8 cores ryzens in most gayms

>intelshills relegated to defending the shittiest, cheapest CPU in their entire lineup
>where AMD hasn't even released their competitor yet

Even the cheapest Ryzen doesn't have only 2 cores. That's why it doesn't have the same price. Who is buying a 2 core CPU anymore? Mine has 8.

Even the lowest end Ryzen beats that garbage. youtube.com/watch?v=DbDpMWo7XTk

You're trying way too hard

10% moar fps AT BEST for 3x the price TOPLEL

Easily if they have 4 cores. A dual core CPU in 2017 even with Hyperthreading is KYS tier. If you buy one, it better go into a NAS or HTPC and nothing else. Even NAS is questionable. Because if you need that little performance, you may as well buy some used garbage from craigslist or whatever.

t. PooInteloo

Ryzen 3 is going to kick the shit out of this thing in the same price bracket.

>Intel can't even win the low-end wars without completely obsoleting their own line of i3's in the process
>They'll still lose when R3's and APU's come out anyway

kek

Add the word dumb. Dumb poorfags. A poorfag buys the CPU they are least likely to need to upgrade soon at the lowest price they can manage because they can't afford to upgrade.

A dumb poorfag buys some Intel dual core garbage and upgrades it 1 year later.

Intel is offically poorfag-tier now

thanks for clarifying OP

>Release APU
>Win
Not so hard.

fuck amd

Ayy

And is 300%

>NAS or HTPC and nothing else

No guarantee that a Dual-core will be able to decode 4k AV1. Unless you want to change your HTPC in the next two years, wouldn't recommend.

OY VEY DELET

>NAS or HTPC and nothing else
I'm m using a fucking pentium d for thar you worthless subhuman

For the people who would buy a Pentium, dual cores more than they're going to need.

Probably not, I'm thinking that it's going to hit the $100 mark, but I don't think there's a chance in hell it's gonna hit the $50 mark. Unless they managed to get a few chips where the Vega GPU portion is fucked and 2 of the cores are fucked I don't think there's going to be something cheaper than that Pentium.

Amd is amd

AMD lost?

Which timeline are you posting from?

>sometime
>will
>might
>could

This is the AMD history

If you haven't noticed AMD is launching new products every month.
Just this month you got Vega and EPYC.

>10nm
>coffeelake
>new arch
>18 cores

JUST WAIT LMAO

user, for fucking $50 g4560 is virtually unbeatable. AMD is not going to sell a quad core at that price point, don't fool yourself.

Who knows, Sempron is just $30

AMD are right now doing something like an Ippo match, they've been getting their shit pushed in for the last ten rounds and all of sudden they've found out that they still had oxygen in their muscles.
Intel just got the first punch of the new oxygen filled punch and it shattered one of their ribs.

I pretty much think Ryzen is a much better offering that most Intel products in the market... However, the G4560 is king on its market. Literally king.

Let's see what APUs can AMD bring to that price bracket. If they manage to pull at least a 4C/4T with Vega iGPU for ~70-90 USD, then they would have totally rekt Intel.

>4C/4T
No SMT? Maybe some dirt cheap 2c/4t really low binned chips for $30

All of the AM1 stock is gone from stores, but I personally have 3 Athlon 5350s and they do a fantastic job

They will have a 2C/4T Athlon X2 for under $50, but I don't know what their 4-core Athlon X4 will be. Anyway, RIP Celeron.

As a 1600X owner I agree. 4560 is just too cheap to beat with its high IPC and high clock speed. Since Ryzen's IPC is lower and can't reach higher clocks all AMD can offer is sth like 3C/6T or 4C/4T to combat 4560 with R3. On top of that those won't even be APUs and probably cost more that f4560. R3 will probably be obsolete.

Honestly Ryzen has way too much CPUs with little difference in between other than price brackets. The only ones that shoud exist are R5 1400, R5 1600, R7 1700 and R7 1800X. Rebranded to make more sense.

G4560 has fucking anemic clockspeeds compared to higher clocked i3/i5/i7. WTF are you smoking?

Ippo (or in this case AMD) felt the palms of Lisa Su, Jim Keller and Raja supporting his back as he fell backwards.

>R3 will probably be obsolete.
It will still have a 2MB larger L3 cache than the APU/Athlons, although that might be a moot point as their quad cores won't suffer from cross-CCX latency. The APUs will allegedly be even more power efficient than the Ryzen quad-cores.

ayymd

When fuck is this shit being released?

I'm waiting for AM1 replacement fucking forever

That shit was perfect, cheap as fuck ITX and cheap as fuck processors

>3.5Ghz G4560 $60
>3.7Ghz i3 6100 $120
>3.9Ghz i3 7100 $120
If 400Mhz is worth double the price and slightly better iGPU

The Core i3 has slightly more instruction sets enabled than the Pentium, but weirdly doesn't have ECC support enabled.

This, I would love to upgrade my AM1 build already

>defending the shittiest, cheapest CPU in their entire lineup

Celerons are cheaper and shittier than Pentiums (and there are non-user-replaceable Atoms, as well).

Raven Ridge. There are 4C/4T SKUs and 4C/8T SKUs which are likely to compete with the Pentiums lower end i3s. Ryzen chips should not be much more expensive than Intel chips, testing is more costly now though because the Intel chip has been around for much longer. Also yields are pretty high so they may be having trouble finding two dead cores in each CCX on a single chip. For gaming I can't find that the difference will be a big deal, probably AMD will be more interested in the OEM market with these chips anyway.

AMD has to disable two perfectly good cores per CCX and then cut down perfectly fine L3$ in order to ship the Ryzen 3s and 1400X. Honestly, it's probably better if they just made a single CCX die like Intel does for their Core i3 and cheaper dual cores.

would you be able to unlock the cores somehow?

No, they are lasered off.

If that was possible, someone would have already unlocked the extra two cores from a 1600 by now. My understanding is that they're cut off by lasers at the factory, but for some reason are still fed power.

>Intel only has poorfag Pentium, 7700k and insane levels of damage control as shoah aka 20th of June approaches
I wonder how depressed people at Intel's data center department are.

No, in the past with phenom and Athlon you could, not anymore, they are removed in the factory.

It seems like Ryzen is cookie cutter design though, everything is based off of dual CCXs. I don't really see why they couldn't come up with two chips to manufacture, one with 1 CCX and one with 2 CCXs. It might be because it's fundamental for 2 CCXs to be present to have a single GMI link or something to do with uncore. It couldn't be L2/MO cache because they should be on each core in the CCX.

One CCX design is reserved for APUs.

Sorry if my newfag is showing but what is a ccx?

>7700K
1080p 144hz w/ 1080 ti is a meme.

It's 4 cores, and there's two CCX in there, adding up to 8 cores.

No shit. 7700k right now exists in a weird niche.
4 Zen cores and one 8mb slice of L3 form so called Core Complex. Its a basic building element for anything Zen-based.

Cool.

core complex. basically its 4 AMD Zen cores tied together in a 16 way 8MB cache. some chips have the L3 artificially gimped by lasering it off like the 1400.

sounds interesting. i wonder if it will be brought to the desktop

Q1 2018 for desktop AM4 Raven Ridge.

Do gpus usually have L3 caches?

GPUs don't have L3$ at all.

>2 cores 4 threads
What's even the point of the i3 anymore?

i3 are dead, user.

The future of low end laptops.

ARM or Ryzen Mobile.

There was never a point of i3s or i5s for the past 2+ years.
You were retarded if you ever made any choice other than Pentium, entry level i7, or used Xeon.

>Ryzen-powered cellphones
>intel's thunderbolt open sourcing means we can stick a vega into a fucking cellphone in the near future

>intel's thunderbolt open sourcing
what.

You know that crapple are going to drop PowerVR GPUs? I wonder which designs they'll use then.
Thunderbolt is royalty-free standard starting 2018.
Also AMD has a custom ARM core on the shelf.

The future makes no sense and it's wonderful. Specially, with the extra pci lanes in ryzen/threadripper/epyc processors we might see TB ports that link directly to them instead of having shit like dp usb3 or whatever so you can stick gpus directly.

I am simply waiting till 20th of June to see shoah raining down upon Intel.

I swear people have been under the effect of the Ryzen fever recently.
Don't get me wrong I do believe Intel is anti-consumers and I'm happy AMD got their shit together to propose good products, ... with that said you guys are already talking as if processors like the i7 are OBSOLETE and anyone not using AT LEAST 6/8 cores absolutely CANNOT do anything on their computer. It's like you people don't have the ability to stand objective no matter which side the wave seems to be turning.

Corelets are obsolete, user.

Well memed, sir! >>>/reddit/

You realize you're in a thread started by a troll claiming AMD lost and 2 core 4 thread is still worth buying in 2017, right?

This is same in every threads, every websites, every comment chains. This thread is no exception.