>go cold turkey now on
D-does Sup Forums approve this? I just want this roller coaster to stop

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_t2JhmDV2Ow
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>he deleted his games to fit in with anons from Sup Forums

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>deleting games
You're weak, I only played factorio for 20h across 5 days since I took my country's SAT back at the start of may

>DOTA
>Game

Here's where you fucked up.

Most fuckers will just shitpost ITT but OP is serious and probably needs help. I can kind of understand you cause I was a dota 2 addict. Don't play it anymore. Was probably the lowest point in my life when I was at the height of my addiction. Doesn't mean I stopped playing video games. You have to learn to balance it within your life somehow. I'm playing overwatch now mostly and it's not as negative. Also don't make this decision because of some feeling of needing to be accepted by a Laotian basket weaving technology forum.

If you want some kind of support I can try to help.

It's okay user, you want to change yourself into someone better and are actually making an effort, that's better than a lot of nerds here can say.

I only scared of relapse. I had few of them before. Also how to block certain content in searches, YouTube etc.

if you realize that you don't play for enjoyment but for the sake of playing (to get your mind off other things) yeah cold turkey works pretty well.
Have been dota addicted with like 5k hours playtime withing 3 years, quit ct. reinstalled some weeks ago, haven't felt like playing once since then (wanted to see the linux performance, but dota sux and have no idea of 7.xx)

It's because of the new 1GB update m8

>but dota sux and have no idea of 7.xx)
7.00 is the worst thing that happen to dota 2 in its history, don't bother playing icefrog clearly does not give a shit about his own game.

Stay strong. When you feel like playing a time sink just go for a walk.

1 (you) is one (prayer) for your rehabilitation

What's it stopping you from doing? School? Work? Too much procrastination?

You will only relapse if you still aren't completely and utterly disgusted by the game, and after that completely and utterly indifferent about the game.

Don't "block" it, just understand that Dota and all games of its like are fucking dogshit

t. stopped playing after some 2k hours after 7.00 hit and never looked back
I'm starting to enjoy other vidya and it's a blast

>implying icefrog is still alive
>implying valve isn't running the show

>t. stopped playing after some 2k hours after 7.00 hit and never looked back
>I'm starting to enjoy other vidya and it's a blast
Are you me, my dude?

Valve is ruining cs go and dota with useless skins and worse performance every patch, I'm seriously concerned about the direction they've taken for all of their products.

I dropout three times.

You did good. Now go get /fit/ and find a nice woman to marry after you get a job.

You have to find something to fill your time. Do you work out?

Ever tried cycling? It's exhilarating and will keep you busy while keeping you fit.

>just had an unwarranted emotional reaction
>does Sup Forums approve?
No, honey. Sup Forums has no use for females or manchildren with feminine constitutions nor does it enable that kind of reproachable, disgusting behavior.

You have to know that vidya is useless. Next stop for you is to quit Sup Forums and actually do something productive with your life. Do maths, learn algos and ds, do programming make actual programs that everyday problems.
Watch youtu.be/_t2JhmDV2Ow

>2k hours on DotA
And I though the hundred anime I have seen was a waste of time.

I did the same as you a few months ago when I started up school again, and now I'm working during the summer.

I realized that I couldn't go hardcore in a game anymore. Raiding in WoW took it's toll on my social life and generally just left me in an unhappy mood. My guild at the time just wasn't performing at the level I was and each night of progression just left me with more and more dislike for my guild members.

I used proficiency in gaming as a crutch for my life success. Now instead of putting time into playing well, I'd much rather play causally and use free time to better myself or my career.

I started playing CSGO again, but only casually, I don't have the time for anything else.

Overall I'm happier now, and can actually hang out with my friends without having to worry about what time I'm raiding.

I quit vidya years ago. I sometimes feel like I'm missing out on some conversations, but I'm way more productive. Unless I'm on Sup Forums.

Anyway, more than productivity, I worry about the fact that we only have a limited amount of time on earth. It seems wrong to spend that time pretending to be a character in another world. Yet, I don't extend this argument to literature or movies. I can't actually reconcile my hypocrisy. I just know that I'm more comfortable not playing video games.

Games are for children.

That temper tantrum is a childish act which shows that you are still a child.

3.5k hours here, deleted that shit few weeks ago, never going back. Its fucking utopia, it literally can not be played properly unless there are 5 of you communicating and playing captains mode, otherwise its just rng my shit up faggotry because of the people you get matched with and the hero counter mechanics. Stay the fuck away from it I know what I am talking about. Demolished more keyboards and mouses than one would believe. Fucking games.

Self-restraint you fucking child, go back to l'eddit.

>get mad at video game
lmao

>breaking things because of video games

Not everyone that plays video games has the temper of a toddler, kiddo.

>you are still a child.
How is that a problem? Are you afraid of not fitting into your group of mature """friends"""?

True, they don't get any impulse to stop then. Toddler temper wins.

Valve is fucking retarded. I've been buying their compendiums/battle passes since 2015 but they've gone full jew.

Stuff isn't really unlockable, you have to invest a lot of money to unlock the tasty stuff. If it was a little out of reach I could see myself getting 2 or 3 treasures but its so out of reach that I just don't see the point. When I realized this I just stopped caring about it. I'm not gonna make Valve money keeping 12 year olds entertained.

Don't uninstall, just realize how pointless the game is. I'd like the idea of making items and earn money but its just a popularity contest, the guys that shill the most on reddit and social media are the ones that get the votes.

wew brainlet
I have over 2000 hours clocked and it's not interfering with my life at all, only the sitting for hours at a time is an aspect I don't like. But I make up for it with sports on weekends so ┐(´д`)┌

video games are for fgts

God damn I haven't seen this in years