I9 released

i9 released
amd street shitters BTFO

Other urls found in this thread:

hwbot.org/submission/2835735_masterpwnerbob_cinebench___r15_2x_opteron_6272_2296_cb/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

E-euhm w-what does this mean a-user?

School's out.

>i9
let's just make MORE cores on chip and represent it like a fucking innovation. Pathetic intel.

Does this mean I can plan minesweeper at 30fps?

im in collage idot

youre saying amd didnt do that before?

Even the 18-core Skymeme-X can't crack 3,000 in Cinebench R15, meanwhile Zen scales at 1.99 from 8c/16t to 16c/32t so the top 16-core Ryzen is going to score around 3,100.

Skymeme-X is DOA.

The CPU doesn't go on the GPU
fake

I'll let you into a little secret:

They have been BTFO'd since Pentium 4.

L M A O
M
A
O

>vr on the box

>max tdp: 308W
Yeah no thanks

>source
Some says ago the benches were posted here

lmao.

a pipeline long enough to deliver every jew into the gas chamber.

>max tdp: 308W
its the full system, mr. el retardo

running with integrated graphics?

oh wait
>no igpu

Literal garbage

why do you change the subject now? What has the igpu to do with it now? whats your point?

my point is that it's impossible for an i9 HEDT system to consume merely 300W.

PLS BUY INTEL. PLSSS

Why would it be impossible? The 308W TDP measurement proved your point wrong.

I'm an Intel guy but these i9s aren't competitive.
Intel had these planned but they weren't ready for ryzen to actually be competitive

It's a reaction to a problem they have no solution for.

I said "system", which includes power consumption of additional components vital to running a computer - like cooling solution, storage and some GPU.
also, 300W _TDP_ is impossible, the whole chip would go out with flames if we were talking TDP.

He himself said its not good yet, because you can break some glued SMDs off by deliding.

>300W _TDP_ is impossible, the whole chip would go out with flames if we were talking TDP.
But I said its the whole system, not the chip, are you really that dense?

i7 6950x drains 240W+ overclocked

>trying to save face this hard
topkek mate

now i'm pretty lost, talks about 300W TDP and you're going on about overall consumption. But if we're talking whole system draw then it's probably just set to highest possible clock while not doing any workload at all.

is that on LN2?

Like you said, before, intel its doing that at this moment

>only 44 pcie lanes
toppest kek m8

No one cares about your meme cache drive that takes up precious ram space.

Do these turds even have a soldered on integrated heat spreader?

Also why get this over say a 16-core threadripper that costs $850?

>inb4: "MUH GAYMES!!!111ONEONE"

>amtards complaining about MOAR COARZZZ XXDXDX

LOL

Intel's attempt at MOAR COARS is a joke. That's why.

Nice normie meme.

Intel should have doubled down on being a gaming only chip
make the coffee lake 700 series still a 6 core though because I want devs to eventually be optimizing their software for it

You can't win a more cores game against a modular system who's performance is consistent at any size

Actually the rumor of the i9 started circa 2009, some websites had a banner showing i5 i7 and i9 with box art and price in euros.

I'll never buy an Intel CPU, you will never, ever get my shekels.

>Intel should have doubled down on being a gaming only chip
Problem there is there's really nowhere for Intel to go. 14nm++ isn't going to be enough of an improvement over 14nm+ to even bother with. They can't afford useless upgrades anymore.

The heat that even the 10 core puts out is unreal. A 240mm AIO has a tough time keeping it from throttling in fucking cinebench.

AMD's JEWRIPPER processor is about to put kikes in their place.

Kaby Lake is 14nm++. Next up is 10nm, which according to Intel's own literature will be a downgrade from 14nm++.

B-but muh BEOL scaling, goyim. Buy our 10nm CPUs.

fuckin kek man

I thought Kaby was 14nm+.

Is that der8auer? The area under the IHS is totally flooded with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut thermal paste to prevent cracking with extreme (LN2/LHe) overclocking.

Yeah it's some OCer he's even wearing a HWBot t-shirt.

>1.99
Can you explain how does it happen? is epyc going to be the same for the 32 and 64 core variant?

EPYC is 3.90 afaik.

Essentially, Zen's MCM design scales much better to large numbers of cores and threads than a bingbus design does.

I hope they benched sinebench :)

>3.96 and 7.90
How in the fuck
DID THEY DO THAT?

he saidthe problem is the glue sometimes gets on the smd.
nothing he can do about it unless he heat it up.

Keep in mind less than 3.96 will be realized as the 32c Epyc parts will have lower clocks. The scaling is virtually linear Ryzen to Threadripper because the rumored clocks are virtually identical (3.5/3.9 vs 3.6/4.0).

Those numbers will be at a fixed clock rate.

>these clocks for 16 cores
This kills the kike. It's HEDT platform that's also good for gaymen.

Nah. Haswell was 14nm, Skylake (and maybe Broadwell, idk) was 14nm+. Kaby Lake is 14nm++. Cannon Lake will be 10nm.

will they rise up when they get slapped into water-cooled mobos? ony servre-grade liquid cooling i saw was at linus's techtips and that was pretty much jerryrigged

>i9
i11 when?

what do the '+' mean? an improvement on the die process?

Haswell was 22nm Tri-Gate you dumbfuck. Broadwell and onwards were 14nm.

Yes. It's Intel's marketing meme for something so ordinary as base layer respin.

Fuck me, you're right.

Yes, it's an improvement of the process.

Yeah just process improvement.

Yes, I am aware the chart is at a fixed clock rate, I was pointing out that since Epyc 32c parts will have lower clocks than Ryzen or Threadripper, that it will not perform at 3.96 of an 1800x

There's no technical reason, given that ryzen, threadripper and epyc all use zeppelin, for them to clock any differently assuming they can be kept at the same temperature and supplied with enough power.

There is no reason why 32c Epyc wouldn't run at 4GHz all core as long as you have the cooling and the board can supply the power, though.

I guess whoever wants the most out of it will have to plurge out iquid cooling and perhaps a few hundreds, if not thousands in their electric bill.

It'd have to be watercooled, the TDP would be like a graphics card.

But imagine the power of 32 Zen cores at 3.5-3.9 ghz.

There are 350+w TDP air coolers tho. Should work.
The large IHS should help a lot.

Over 6.5k on cinebench.
Blender render demo in 5 seconds.

You shouldn't have to buy a dual fan CLC just to keep your processor from melting under load at stock clocks.

At least it's still in realm of possibility. You will never clocks 32 Intel coarz to 4ghz without socket fucking melting.

why's that?

The MCM design has nothing to do with performance scaling; it allows AMD to make these processors dirt cheap. The technology that enables them to use MCMs with such good scaling in Infinity Fabric, which we know almost nothing about. MCMs have been around a long time and never really afforded this level of scaling.

I just hope that after Intel throws billions of dollars at reverse engineering IF, kids on Sup Forums remember that it was AMD that pioneered the tech, just as they've done several times before.

Hey, it took Intel 5 years to launch their HyperTransport clone. Now we have to Wait.

underrated kek

There's a limit on what a pin can deliver.

Processors like that are unlikely to ever happen. While it's possible, the board power delivery and cooling would end up being prohibitive against the cost of the processor itself; that is, it would be more economical to just buy two processors at lower clockspeeds to get the same compute power. Remember that it's overall compute power that counts outside the consumer market, not IPC or clockspeed. Efficiency is also important, and Ryzen is very efficient at lower clockspeeds, which will be compelling for datacenters that may actually have thermal or power limits.

Yes, it was a joke, no one's insane enough to clock 32coarz to 4ghz.

if i had the money i would jsut for shits and giggles.

You could use it to power the ovens for Intel execs.

How about 4.2GHz?

hwbot.org/submission/2835735_masterpwnerbob_cinebench___r15_2x_opteron_6272_2296_cb/

You know LTT is going to do it eventually anyway.

>faildozer "cores"
Nah.

Big monolithic intel die yields aren't stable enough to clock high with high core counts, and even if they were better their architecture and process isn't as efficient at

Nobody is going to make an enthusiast overclocking board for a server chip that three people would buy to make a youtube video about extravagance. Getting the processor to 4ghz isn't the issue; it's preventing the motherboard traces from melting when you start dumping a few hundred amps through them. There's a reason almost all server chips are sub 200W.

Nobody is complaining about MOAR CORES.
They are complaining about MOAR RINGBUS and netburst tier housefires.

Very nice intel

HOWEVER