I'm on ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS

I'm on ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS
Default settings, only put lvm full drive encryption because I have a modern laptop CPU.

I go to software center and update. Restart, there are 4 more updates.

Update, restart, grub in rescue mode.
Are you serious Ubuntu. I reinstalled Ubuntu and am afraid to update. Any Linux experts here. I thought LTS means it will work edition.

I'm reinstalling it now.
ITT people explain why lvm, a option in the installer fucked me, or specifically where I fucked up.

Only a few pieces of software on comp at the time. Nothing that touches bootloader/grub

The only software I had on it was nvidia drivers and runescape.

Installed on Samsung fit USB. 128gb

Still FUCKING loading the INSTALLER. Why does this take so long I have an OK computer.

I'd really like this to work because the free weekend is coming up. I need this.

I have used a similar set up for years and this hasn't happened to me.

>Did you mess with gpg?
>Did apt crash part way?
>Do you copy-past commands from somewhere on the internet?
>Did you add weird PPAs?

In any case? Full disk encryption uses LUKS, so your data should remain accessible even if you fudge the OS.

At least it would still be accessible had you not written over the partition with a new OS.

It might be the flash drive. I got scammed with a box of what I suspect are counterfeit toshiba flash drives.

I tried to install ubuntu on them. They were painfully slow and some (at least two I think) failed to boot after one or two uses.

Try to write a large file on the flash drive and check its checksum.

37 minutes. I've been stuck on the installer for 37 minutes

>mess with the gpg
Um.... I installed runescape
>yes, the runescape.com install command plus a wget & repackage on a older library to get runescape to install. It depens on something called libcurl 1.10 when 1.13 is latest.
>did you add any weird ppas
Um..... Ppa..... I am not farmiliar

Amazon.com
Ordered from them, not a 3rd party seller.

Attacked a pic of the two commands I used. I used a wget to get package. Dpkg to install.

Used from that URL, but it was a copy paste thing on the runescape forums.

I really want to get my free weekend.

Also I don't need data. I play runescape. And watch crunchyroll

COME ON I WANT TO PLAY THE SHOWSTOPPER DLC DONT FUCK ME ON THIS

I really think you should write a large file onto that flash drive and check the checksum. It doesn't have to be now since you're already part way through an install. If this install fails, for any reason, consider checking the flash drive.

While you're at it, check the iso checksum (unlinkley to be the problem but doesn't hurt to be safe).

I'm not familiar with runescape. so I can't help you without knowing exactly what steps you followed to install it. Post links.

Installing poorly written shit outside the official repository is a quick way to fuck your os. Even Valve fucked up big time in this regard. It might be that runescape replaced a system library with an older version, and that's what fucked up you system. Can't be sure without links.

Then used the wget command to download an older version of libcurl

> Adding system repo instead of a ppa
> Adding new keys to GPG
> piping shit into sh

Fuck those devs need to be shot.

Let's get the obvious question oout of the way: Is your system x86_64?

Yes. Lol

So their bullshit client fucked me? Like their client took down the whole is, because I had to force libcurl to install an older version?

>runescape
Okay, then you'll have to wait until a finish setting up a test environment so that I can test your commands (It's currently updating).

That's my best bet given what I know so far.

Good news. I used a windows os with diskoart, clean command.

That's what was hanging the installer. Hwtest German edition says I'm good. Took about 7 mins

Yay its installing.

> Unsatisfiable dependency error.

It seems that the client was written for older versions of ubuntu and thus depends on older versions of libraries. From a cursory search, it seems that there are instructions floating around to force install these libraries or add old system repositories but it's generally a very bad idea.

I've never dabbled with mixing system libraries or having multiple repositories that overlap on the same system, so I can't help you here.

There is a easier solution though. How about installing 14.04 instead of 16.04. It's an LTS release so it should still be supported. It should run runescape and still releases security updates for browsers.

cont ... so watching crunchyroll should also be possible.

If you're intent on using 16.04, consider emailing the devs for instructions. They must be aware of the issue and might already have a fix seeing that 16.04 has been out for a month.

If not, a linux questions thread might be able to better help you.