Mice thread general

Mice thread general.

I'd actually like to ask about productivity mice. Do you guys know any mice other than MX series and RAT series with second scroll wheels? How do they compare to touch mice like Apple magic mouse or MS Wedge when it comes to productivity stuff?

I'm curious becase a lot of big Youtubers seem to have a hardon for the MX now because the scroll wheel is useful for video, but I wonder how it compares to touch controls when scrolling across large images, spreadsheets etc.

Of course gaming mice discussion is fine too.

Mouses is the plural.

mices

>second scroll wheels
why?

Just order this mouse, is this good?

That Logitech one is gucci as fuck, I got one as birthday gift at work.

fail

Video editing (scrolling across timeline)

Photo editing (scrolling around large image)

you do know that some mice have the ability to do that with only 1 scroll? you simply tilt it right or left

I can't wait to some day meme my entire life with a Kensington wireless trackball, MX Master 2S, and Filco Minila Air.

Microsoft wedge is great because of its size. It's a laptop mouse and I wouldn't use it for desktop useage.

My mouse is on its last leg recommend me a not so big mouse Sup Forums.

Logitech G Pro.

Roccat has a mouse with a thumb paddle instead of a wheel.

G Pro
G203
Cougar Minos X3
Corsair Harpoon
Roccat Kone Pure Owl Eye

My mouse died, MX Master (battery got very warm and it felt as if it was close to explode)
Can someone recommend me a cheap but good and durable mouse?
Preferably one without software and durable.
20-30 euro range please, cheaper is ok too.
(20-35 dollar)

G203. Other than that your only options are low-tier basic office mice or chink shit.

Elecom M-DUX71BK (or the 70 model, somewhat cheaper but has shittier sensor). The best mouse in existence purely according to inputs, unfortunately meh-tier for general build quality but worth getting if you have the money to replace it every couple years or something.

>New (1) from $394

I knew I should have just grabbed this gimmicky mouse when it was still around $50

Yeah you should have

There are sellers on ebay that are much more reasonable, but even they are asking for a bit too much for my tastes, and of course you can't properly RMA if you buy from ebay (unless you have a way to send stuff to japan conveniently).

I just got my Swiftpoint Z a few days ago. Can't beat the elecom in the number of button, but it's got a gyroscope and force sensors on 5 of its buttons.

For the RAT it was pretty shit. I just equated to a single left or right press for one scroll tick, meaning you had to scroll like mad to go somewhere. It was also pretty stiff. Basically, it was just 2 extra buttons on the side in the form of a scroll-wheel.

When I had RAT, I binded the side wheel to shift + up/down scroll, it worked out pretty well.

>gyroscope
For what purpose? I can't find any coherent information on how you're actually supposed to use that mouse.

Are you meant to lift it up into the air and tilt it around like a motion controller a la wii? Because I can't imagine how else those sensors would be useful, when the optical sensor already tracks movement when you're on a surface.
The buttons look neat, but how are you supposed to use left/right click when your fingers are on the fingertip/trigger buttons?

I just used it for ctrl+tab and ctrl+shift+tab. I hardly ever needed to scroll horizontally anyway.

Did you try this?

I believe so? I don't think the RAT actually used that. I haven't used that mouse in years though, because the sensor's annoying, and it gets real grimy. Switched to a G400 eventually.

They included a set of feet that lets you quickly tilt left and right (while still feeling stable when neutral), it's 2 extra functions you can bind.
And yeah, you can use it as a game joystick too by changing the mode.

As for the extra buttons, you can easily press the the trigger buttons using your finger (MIP) joints while pressing the main buttons with your fingertips. The fingertip buttons require you to scrunch up your fingers a little. it's a 1cm movement for your finger.

Hm, interesting.

Still overprices as fuck for my tastes though.

Thank god I backed it when it was $150 on Kickstarter.

My MX518 is finally beginning to die after over a decade, and I'm looking for an upgrade that is similar in shape. My original plan for the last like 5 years was to buy one of the direct continuations for it but this fucker lasted too long and logitech has stopped manufacturing any.

Currently looking at the g402 for the shape/size/weight, but I'm kind of suspicious of the sensor, or mainly the gyroscope thing. Is the inferior sensor noticeable while playing? G403 looks like it could be very nice but it's a different shape. Anyone gone from MX518 or its children to a g403? How did it feel?

is this the new /mice/ thread?

*mouses

What is this even measuring?

DIKK size

nothing, really lol.

friends gifted me RAT 5 like 3 years ago
I'd have to say that it's a really good mouse.
ergonomics are something to get used to -- first time using it was very uncomfortable
the sensor with 4 preset DPI settings works really good for games. never have I used that second scroll wheel and the only macro keys that are usable are forward and back
pretty good mouse. hold the use and abuse heavy gaming for 3 years strong.
I love it.

It's to show you can move that backpart I think. Not that you can use that to actually measure it though.
>I'd have to say that it's a really good mouse.
I think a mouse can only be good if the sensor is flawless (which isn't that hard people), and the RAT's sensor has a glaring flaw in that if moves the cursor if you move it vertically.