This is the current state of Microsoft design

This is the current state of Microsoft design

>new insiders build

Yeesh.

Windows looks good minimalistic. It looks good with the new menus. It would be nice if Microsoft didn't jam this mess down new, unifying users throatss and build something that was clean and cohesive.

Clearly they don't need to though because this makes them money.

This is the current state of Linux design

Tfw you'll never install LTSB because you're a pussy

Are you an actual dumbass

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

>Linux terminal
>GNU
pick one

>he's never seen the same damn copypasta parroted on here 80 times a day

tty emulator using unity theme variant*
the "style" is in no way Linux

Which build lets you get a better dinosaur?

Still way better than, usually, Linux. Also I really hope that Windows 7 lasts me for a long time

this is all you need to see
the lack of care is outstanding

Using anime on Sup Forums
You know there are containment boards for people like you yeah?

designed by powerpoint(tm)

I really don't follow Microsoft that much when it comes to design. They spent lots of human talent hours into creating the whole Metro UI, and it took them years, and years of development to actually bring it forth in a functional manner for desktops. (Someone can argue that things as-is are far from perfect even)

So why do they bog down their own brand new, fresh interface with crap?

looks like kde but much better, yet still shit

>he fell for the surface book meme

nice bait there

Post the wallpaper Pajeet.

>powerpoint
this cannot be true

>incoming message via Cortana
What did they mean by this?

The same as current design with grouped notification center?

That Fluent design language was the shit, what the fuck happened?
Shit, I would buy a whole new copy of Windows if the ONLY thing it changed was a complete design shift from Modern/Universal to Fluent.

>oy
vey?

Good job MS let's cram more shit into the action center that absolutely nobody uses and everyone hates

someone post the pasta

(its near the bottom)

Fluent Design on its way. I'm waiting for Fall Creators Update to see it in action.

I think there is a bright future for windows.
Everything is getting better with every update.
Fall is gonna be exciting, maybe the greatest UI update in history since Windows Vista.

>Everything is getting better with every update.
it's just more shit plastered over the old shit, like always. it's gonna collapse one day

>no tiling-window manager

I guess some hobbyist noobs can live with that..

what bright future? it's a fucking mobile os on desktop.

>now Cortana is given permission to stalk your photos

I'm closer and closer to migrating to Loonix

did I mention that emojis are very important?
>release notes: acrylic, acrylic design, acrylic, acrylic, acrylic!
Wooow.

it's still being added.
While preview looks weird, theres not much you can fluentisise about the taskbar and action menu.

Let's recap:

>functions and services are opt-out - check
>you're never actually opted out - check
>dozen of app permissions with system apps having irrevocable access - check
>data collection for advertisement purposes - check
>third-party advertisements - check
>whoring out to third-parties and forcing their apps on users - check
>you paid your money once yet they continue to sell your data - check

I'm afraid not even LTSB version is a real desktop OS at this point.

At least it's not Gnome 3
Well it's actually worse but still

>muh social
>muh interruptions directly on the task bar
>muh mobile notifications in the desktop too
it is like they want to destroy the desktop forever
instead of thinking: 'leave the desktop alone, people need a space to work/read/do something useful' they go like 'we need to bring mobile into the desktop, so let's add ads, notifications, people...'

THIS TIMELINE IS TRASH

have you ever considered that you're wrong and this is exactly what normal people want and need?
keep in mind that this is a consumer edition of consumer os

This. Nothing will ever bring me back to Windows, but it should at least try to replicate more of the features it's missing, such as a tiling window manager.

my ass
they just want the ad cash from mobile platforms, and that includes:
>data mining to sell to ad companies
>ads on the interface
>mobile store cut from purchases and publishing
and what is the best way to make your platform an addictive mess? social and notifications

Microsoft is too afraid of mobile, when in reality people WORK on Office every single day. it is like they can't figure out they already had the most used platform in the market

Microsoft trying to become Google, while Google tries to be Facebook, and Facebook still amazed at how gulible are their users, and advertisers

Possibly gevalt. Either way the guy is a slimy kike and belongs in an oven.

Same goes for macshit too..

>oy

>all windows users really want is the UI that started 22 years ago with Windows 95
>bitches that one feature of linux hasn't changed in 22 years
thefoxandsourgrapes.jpg

>still no other DE or WM for windooz
y tho

Oy vey, Kyle!

what in the actual hell are you saying...?

(((YOU)))

>kernel
>ui design

>he's never read Aesop's fables

qftt

>someone points out your extreme newfaggotry
>desperate attempt to fit in

aha

>im was just pretending to be retarded

Such blue cancer.

That looks ugly as hell desu.

Holy shit, they're really not going to leave the tablet/desktop hybrid UI are they? Well, its good that there's at least ONE company smart enough to keep their desktop OS for desktops and stay refusing to add touch support to their computers.

Apple!

so much clutter. holy shit

that's Ubuntu, not "linux" and also post the whole screenshot, that would be like if I just posted the Windows command prompt

What am I looking at?

I think the color scheme is nice, but there's just way too much clutter going on.

Is this legit? It looks like a fucking tablet. I am so mad now. Fuck tablets for ruining computers.

>tablet mode
it already looks like a shitty tablet, what does the "tablet mode" button do?

>3:2
wtf

Where the fuck were all the cushy internships photoshopping a T-Rex onto a wallpaper when I was an undergrad?

Huehue you can scroll down.

everything opens in full screen
and the desktop disappear in favour of a fullscreen start menu

this is truly terrible

> in 2017 windows taskbar will have stories

No one cares about your OCD Autism

i think some people are missing something pretty remarkable
that is not systray icons, nor application icons
that is literally a tumor like the search bar

How the fuck is windows even the dominant desktop operating system? Is it all off the back of windows 98 or something?

Look at the alternatives.

Of course there is a lot of clutter when you have the action center open with a lot of notifications (which was the point of the screenshot, showing the notifications now organized by app) and 4 applications open. Search bar open instead of collapsing it into an icon is inexcusable though.

Just change the color then

>people aren't talking about a feature that was announced ages ago, was going to come during creators update and was delayed, and is already old news
Unfortunately shit is useless though, no integration with WhatsApp which is all I use to communicate with people.

Unix shell did nothing wrong.

Why does it look so shit? I can't really put it into words, but everytime I see design like this I know this isn't right, this isn't what desktop os should look like.

>gradients and transparency at random
>ugly blue
>cringe background with added meme
>no borders but random margins
now out of the blue,they just center titles in notification panel(thatis aligned to the left)

T. Rex gets arm extensions!
Pretty Funny!

a beta build

hi

Why wouldn't you want the people app to access the calendar...???

Aero snap...

I

looks bad

It's called quiet mode, doofus.

the desktop is work mode
this shit is distraction mode

This is the current state of macOS design

Anyone know if Microsoft plans to allow Virtual Secure Mode for non-enterprise SKUs?

what are you talking about? Just hit the big quiet mode button to disable all the notifications... even though if you actually did work at your computer you'd know those are actually helpful and non-intrusive to work....

Anime. Website.

yeah

what?

>muh social
>muh interruptions directly on the task bar
>muh mobile notifications in the desktop too
All those things are useful when you're working. At least if you have co-workers, you don't want to miss a mail notification from your boss and you can reply to him right there on the people bar. Obviously useless if you code alone in your basement though.

>Do you like the blue colours and the blur sir?
>I do Pradip – can you add more please. Thank you and have a good day.

But the blue in the OP's screenshot is a customization the user did, just like the T-Rex she photoshopped into the wallpaper. By default the taskbar is black.

>we need more transparency
but sir, we can make some components look weird, or even unreadable
>does nutella pay you to care? do you want to go back to crap in the streets?
no, sir
>then compile, and ship, Ravjeen

well good thing it's in beta :)

the perfect excuse for shipping a turd
a rolling released turd

let's predict in what year Microsoft will finally port all the old control panel to metro
i say March 2019

>let's predict in what year Microsoft will finally port all the old control panel to metro

it's already done ::)

This is fucking gay.