Can i pirate anime figurines with a laser resin 3d printer

can i pirate anime figurines with a laser resin 3d printer

Other urls found in this thread:

geeky-gadgets.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/3D-Resin-Printer1.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

probably

OWO

no they will look like utter garbage.

What I want to know is the difficulty curve involved in making your own. It's always seemed like there's money to be made there 3D printing custom figurines for lonely NEETs of their OC's.

>$20
tempting

You'd need a good 3d printer, not shitty ones. Also you'd need to paint the final part.

don't get the chink version

literally nothing wrong with chink version

You can buy already garage kits of most anime figures ( which is what you're really talking about ). Good luck assembling and painting them.

Forces Japanese anime industry out of work. The effect is less anime.

It's just a piece of plastic, I'm not overpaying for "muh brand" stupidity.

shut the fuck off kid

lame

i've bought plenty of chinese anime figs, the quality has improved over time, but it's not quite the same, you really do get what you pay for.
If a fake costs only 30% as much as the real thing, you're only getting 30% the quality of the real thing.

More like 90% of the real thing.

ill give u 90% of the real thing
*unzips dick*

>i've bought plenty of chinese anime figs
Lower than the low

Wow, school must be out... Huh.

yes and no.

yes you could, but realistically, you would need the 3d model and you would need to paint it.

You are thinking of fdm printers, not good sls ones
geeky-gadgets.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/3D-Resin-Printer1.jpg

will it be as smooth with no work, no, but having a shit fdm printer with a 200 micron print hight, its hard to tell from a distance, 100 microns is almost hard to see up close, 50 is almost damn near impossible to see without magnification, but 50 was only one print because calibrating the thing to print that thing was a nightmare, but a good sls printer will do 20-10 microns, at this point it doesn't matter, when you get a layer of paint on it it will fill in any of the lines, hell a primer base for this that you sand down a bit would make the whole fucking thing smooth as silk anyway.

only market I care about is the manga market, and there isn't a shortage there, and there isn't a demand that supply cannot achieve.

where can i buy one

a person at my school is doing exactly that. It's absolutely degenerate. It's a total waste of machine time. The machine could be print parts for awesome robots, but it's being exploited to print figs for fucking weabs.

They were even talking about how their other figs were gonna have new friends.

>but realistically, you would need the 3d model
You could use a good camera and a 3D reconstruction program to get a base mesh. With a little bit of work you could make a very decent model. The hardest part is having access to a very good 3d printer and painting the model.

I have a small side buisiness selling repro warhammer 40k models

I print the whole sheet like you would get in the box and you still get to cut it out and paint it

I have a davinci printer not something high end and I bought a handheld 3d scanner

Maybe you should try to pirate attributes of common sense,decency and how to not be a pedophile.

Could use 3D printer for some meaningful stuff like printing hard to find parts.

lol

it's a hand modeled figure buy someone who commands 20-50$ an hour that likely spend 40+ hours making it, at minimum, more likely 100-200 hours, where they then mold the parts, paint them and put them together.

They cost money because they are quality.

the cheap chinese shit you find may be good enough, and for some characters like dragon ball ones, they may be good because every part of the body was made for that character, but if the characters less used/known, then you will A mishmash of body parts so long as it doesn't affect the overall look too much to a well taken photo.