/cyb/ /sec/ general: cyberpunk and cybersecurity

Metadata Edition

/cyb/ /sec/ general is for discussion of anything and everything related to cyberpunk and cybersecurity.

>what is cyberpunk?
pastebin.com/raw/Jpci0dqD

>cyberpunk directory
pastebin.com/raw/HiTA1yXK

>nothing to hide? please.
youtu.be/pcSlowAhvUk

>cybersecurity essentials
pastebin.com/raw/0AjC2mcD

>cybersecurity resources
pastebin.com/raw/98vvNwcH

>thread archive
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/subject/cyb/

>thread backup
cyberpunked.org/

>previous thread
>irc://irc.rizon.net:6697
join #Sup Forumspunk and #Sup Forumssec

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/future/story/20170529-the-reasons-you-can-never-be-anonymous-again
pastebin.com/raw/T8TeepZP
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/privacy-settings/
pastebin.com/dinBuXxJ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Install Gentoo

no u

bbc.com/future/story/20170529-the-reasons-you-can-never-be-anonymous-again

Wow that pastebin is actually helpful

My cousin had something similar when I was a child but not only did it have the qwerty but it also allowed you to make phonecalls I believe. I remember all the rappers featured it in their videos in the late 90s-2000

Does that pager still work?

Which one?

Why does this general exist. It barely sees any activity.

so this general is like your penis?

No, I don't even have a penis. More like yours maybe.

>moan about last thread getting necrobumped
>want to use OP image to make new thread
>forgot to save pasta so couldn't anyway
Well now, don't I look the fool.

muh beanis!!!

Nice try.

Normaly this board is nothing but this shit
>"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA X ON SUICIDE WATCH HAHAHAHAHAHA"
>debate me on x pro tip, you cant
>product x is objectively (read: in my opinion) the best product of this type ever, debate me
>full blown shitposts (eggsecutor runing linux???)
>celebrity threads (linus am i rite lads)
>"ricing" threads
>Sup Forums ("which graphics card to i get im new here install gento am i rite fellow g users xd")

Atleast this thread has an actual fucking topic where people try to actually talk and have discussions about actual real things.
I swear to god if i see another AMD or Intel speculation thread where people post fake benchmarks on CPUs that don't even exist yet I'm going to have a fucking anuerysm.
And yes, I am triggered. I would very much like a safe space.

cyber bump

I've had this idea for a while that, with the web growing increasingly monitored and censored, gopher might turn out to become a good alternative. Unfortunately, all gopher has to offer in that respect is obscurity, since, to my knowledge, it was never extended with SSL/TLS support.

I was just reminded of this when I ran into some dude who's running a gopherhole as a tor hidden service. Not a bad way to work around the lack of TLS.

There's a big appeal in getting away from the bloat and increasingly invasive technologies that have plagued the web for many years. In strictly practical terms, there's nothing stopping us from just writing good websites without any of that crap instead of going back to gopher. Can't beat that retro flavour, though.

I figured some people here must have had similar ponderings. Thoughts? Cool servers?

It's a shilling thread.

That's a nice idea, probably for using gopher to share info and files. Wish we could change the use of sites like pastebin and mega for something as simple as gopher, probably the greatest challenge is having a simple and practical way of creating a site and actually accessing it (which is a different story).

Over Sup Forums we had conversations on using GNUnet though, the idea is taking decentralization to the extreme, as to get as much privacy as it is possible (and realistic). This particular idea is young but the people behind has a technical level to be respected. It would need to be developed for services other than filesharing, but I invite all knowledgeable people to check the project.

Would like to see a way to host stuff like you say though, fast and simple as to share it here in /cyb/.

The two cyber security ones are full of good info.

Thank you.

From last thread Anyone got some input on knowledge management?

Even annotating email is close to impossible and there has been an RFC for that for years and years. Do I really have to found a Silicon Valley unicorn startup to get this going?

Tree views are underrated. In particular a simple text editor with hierarchical management like GJots2 has been a huge improvement for me. Write unrelated stuff, take notes, switch positions, all things that are simple but sometimes are not done simple enough in other applications.

Another huge improvement would be using a LaTeX editor with this tree view manipulation, something like LyX, and maybe image embedding.

But serious work can be done with a simple text editor with simple outliner functions. This is why I plan to learn vimscript to write a simple plugin for this but without heavy dependencies. Dependencies was what turn me off when I saw VOoM (Vim Outliner of Markups), I don't want an specific python library just for this task, I want the power of vim with a simple and fast way to save nested text in a hierarchical organization.

That's my 2 cents.

Just getting into security, never used anything besides AV. I'm looking at VPNs and Proxies so far.

>been looking at security shit recently
>ads for VPNS coming up all of sudden

Slowly working my way through the sticky.

This is pretty subjective but I use cryptostorm for my VPN. You want one that's tokenized and protects from leaks

Looking at it now.

I'm as far as getting Duckduckgo.

I tried to get enigmail but it was a file I have no idea what to do with. Can I still keep Gmail. or will I have to get a new email?

Don't use Google products if you can avoid it. Avoid cloud computing. Encrypt as much as you can.

What is Enigmail?

Enigmail is a seamlessly integrated security add-on forMozilla Thunderbird. It allows you to use OpenPGP to encrypt and digitally sign your emails and to decrypt and verify messages you receive.

Enigmail isfree software. It can be freely used, modified and distributed under the terms of theMozilla Public License.

How bad is it with Gmail? Mostly because I have everything from friends to government accounts tied to it, which is probably dumb but just curious.

Is it recommended to go with a full year right away for Cyrptostorm? It's asking to use Paypal, I was under the impression Paypal was insecure in itself.

is there a way to merge this list pastebin.com/raw/T8TeepZP to your browser config without going through it one by one?

Just starting this too, what exactly is the Firefox warranty that I may be voiding?

I'm not sure how it works but it can't hurt. I'd suggest having two or three email addresses and use enigmail for all of them

>"Hello Mozilla? I can't open my facebook account"
>"Sorry ma'am, looks like you disabled telemetry so we don't know how to get in either"

So what's so bad? Can't I just go in and switch it on?

What exactly do the modifications do?

they're just browser settings. they put the warning up because some websites don't work as smoothly when you turn shit off. then you can't go and complain "hurr firefox is shit because it can't run this page right"

Is there a way to default it back to normal if ever necessary?

I'm assuming "" means delete whatever is in the field currently and I don't want to write any of this shit down.

you could reinstall the browser

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/privacy-settings/

check pastebin.com/dinBuXxJ

Good enough thanks.

In respect to VPNs, should I ever disconnect?

Also I was blocked posting with it connected, which countries am I allowed to post with?

Someone should make a modern one of these, it'd be interesting to see.

best browser for android?

please leave wuumyn

Never heard of gopher until now.
Can you tell me more?