Bike with roter

>pic kinda related

Hello guys, good morning :)

I have a problem and I need the wisdom of Sup Forums..
I want to put like a trailer into my bike and sell shit around...BUT...I need wi-fi to do social wi-fi, but theres a problem..I need to power the equipments
What do you recommend ? Car battery with converter? UPS?

Tell me what you think about it

ROLLL

You might be better off asking /n/

BUMPP

Thanks for the tip, already posted there too

Install.. gentoo.

already tried gentoo and ubuntu mate..
nothing seems to work

If you need WiFi, sign up for some mobile internet plan, get a mobile hotspot and a powerbank. That shit will last ages, depending on your powerbank capacity.

bro that wont work since I need big power, cus Im gonna have a roter and something else doin my social wi fi..... (I need at least 2 outlets and they have to last like 8-12 hours)

This is a good idea. Obviously you won't be able to use a normal home router because you'll need constant mains power and its basically pointless to even have one. You should get a mobile hotspot and even a small battery bank will ensure that the whole thing will last all day with no trouble. I like what you're doing though, it sounds cool. I don't fully get it though, what is the idea of the whole thing?

Firstly thanks for the time you're spending helping me.
Secondly I do apologize for my english, it's not the best but I'll try to explain to the full of my abilities...
I want to go around my fishing town where I get a lot of tourists, and I want to go around with my bike and a bike trailer selling cool neat stuff..
In that bike trailer I want to have a roter (home roter), and an acess point (need the ap to do social wifi).
Social wifi is giving free wifi out for likes on your social media accounts, it's a very good way to promote yourself..
My problem is that I can't use obviously an UPS cuz it would be expensive as fuck and I cant use like mobile roters cus I need the AP
I'm left with the car battery or another solution that Im not still aware of...

So yeh that's the ideia..
Hope you got an ideia of what I'm trying to do :)

roter = router I think.
So you want to give out free wifi, in return for likes. While you sell your wares.

You could try rig a small charging motor to a band on the trailers wheel, to charge up the car battery throughout the day when you move about. This could make the trailer to hard to pull though. Or a more expensive option is to keep the battery charged with a solar panel.
Or maybe many batteries lined up in series?

I think you will find that the battery will drain to fast if you don't recharge it throughout the day.

t. a not engineer.

I just looked up this "social wifi" thing, still unsure what the purpose is but it seems like the same can be accomplished with a raspberry/orange pi+adapter acting as an ap?
Just have it redirect to your anti-social media page upon landing.
>way less energy
>you control the device
>runs from a powerbank
>no router required

Could try /diy/ people in there are pretty creative

Yeh sorry I meant to say router, Trailers wheels not an option neither it is solar charge..
An array of batteries seems nice tho!
My bro the porpuse is to up your numbers on social media, therefore having more potential clients...
I do really need an router and AP, I cant work around that, that's the options I have because of the software I use for the social wifi

Check the voltage of the router/AP. Mine is 12 V, so it should work with a car battery. Do the wiring and a car battery should last the whole day. There are also 12V DC-> 230V AC converters.

There are some battery banks with wall outlet sockets. Something like this but bigger.

Either you haven't understood what I've said or you're committed 100% to going about this your way. So you can't be helped, good luck.

I did understand, and thank you for sparing time of your time to write a comment down and try and help me!
But the think is that the router and the ap MUST stay, I don't like it either but currently is the solution I have because I'm affiliated with tanaza.com
Can that power 2 outlets for how much time, also whats the name of the product and where can I buy if you dont mind me asking?

I don't know the specs of that power bank I just got it off google images. Just search 'ac power battery bank' or 'wall socket power bank' and you'll find some. Some big ones, some with 2 sockets, many things.

pic related

If OP wants more plugs, use a power strip

>wall socket power bank

Fuck me...I just saw some prices on that...~200 dollars...Guess I'll just buy a fucking car battery and converter...
bloody hell
Have to see if there are any good YT videos explain this

Yeh I figured bro

Batteries arent cheap. Only trouble with car batteries is they drain fast. When I was a kid, one of my bike buddies had a stereo powered of a car battery. Only lasted like 45min though.

Kids don't know how lucky they are with bluetooth speakers that run for 6 hours.

Dafuq? Legit? I thought they would run for like a day
Are you saying that some sort of a lithium battery would be better than a normal car battery?

The only reason we still use lead-acid batteries in our cars is because of cost. A lithium ion battery is ten times the cost of a classic battery.

You'll get better mileage with properly inflated tires.

You would want a deep cycle marine battery rather than a car battery if you were going to go with lead acid at all.

A gas generator is going to be your highest energy density / weight past a relatively low threshold. Not sure how much power '2 outlets for 8-12 hours' quantifies, but it sounds like a lot.

First you need to figure out the actual power draw of the devices.

A typical router takes in 9 - 12 volts at between 1 - 3 AMPs, we are talking about 9 - 36 watts. that is under full load you should be seeing consumption in the range of 10 - 15 if you use a standard home router.

You should look into a 20000 mAh power bank with a configurable output. Second, look for a small solar panel used to charge cell phones and daisy-chain the power bank to it. Many of them allow you to power a device while the bank is charging, similar to a DIY UPS only significantly lighter

Score a prepaid unlimited phone plan that you can use to tether and setup the router as a repeater and you are golden.

If you want to get fancy; get one of those generators people use for bike lights. Attach it to the trailer wheels and activate it when you brake which will give you a limited regenerative braking and (essentially) trailer brakes.

Also try DIY.