AMD Threadripper coming in fast!!!

AMD Threadripper coming in fast!!!
Theres going to be a 12 core 16 thread version.
16c to be priced at $849
12c should be around $700 is my guess

Who's thinking about getting it?

Other urls found in this thread:

marketwatch.com/story/intel-and-amd-license-rumors-should-finally-be-dead-2017-05-22
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

4 Flavors of Vega on its way!!!!

Me, exclusively for shitposting and speccy threads.

Intel will be using AMD graphics!!!
Is the end of Intel's graphic division??

INTEL BTFO

I don't need it, but I want it

I'm just hoping this'll lower the prices for 1800X so I can snatch one of those

Kikeripper has no mercy.

J I M K E L L E R

>Is the end of Intel's graphic division??
That was Larrabee.

1800X prices have already dropped, only by $25 but its a price drop never the less. So yes, the 1800x will drop even more.

Didn't Lisa Su specifically come out and just flat out say that there is nothing going on between Intel graphics and AMD?

>'We're Not Looking At Enabling A Competitor To Compete With Our Products'
-quote from Lisa on May 24

marketwatch.com/story/intel-and-amd-license-rumors-should-finally-be-dead-2017-05-22

Sounds like they just wanna go straight for the throat of intel.

If it's an Apple SKU, then there's no competition there.

I bet my ass it's some custom SKU for Apple which uses EMIB.

That second AMD Mandolin is very likely to go into 15W ultrabooks

AMD has to play a balancing act with intel, they want to sell to them but not make them lose investors. If i was an investor and learned intel will now use AMD graphics I would get worried.

12 core 16 thread? What the fuck are you talking about?

See that second letter in the strings being either M or D? That's desktop and mobile

>6 core cannonlake at only 2.6ghz

Mobile?

>6/12 3100 4200 KBL S DDR4 UDIMM EV CRB)
Those clocks are even worse than the last engineering sample. Just goes to show how unreliable this shit can be.

I don't think Intel is putting 6 cores into laptops.

Serious question: what do you kids need these MUH CORAZ for? Gayming? Benchmarks?
Holy shit, how old are you?

Fuck sorry, I got the 12 and 16 cores mixed up with threads.

*24 threads

I'll tell you some shocking news.

There are usually several engineering samples of the same chip.

>4 cores should be enough for anyone!
>2 cores should be enough for anyone!
etc etc. fuck off already.

I'm interested in one for the not-castrated PCIe lanes, but I'm only willing to pay ~$600 at most. If there's any Threadripper at that price or below I'll seriously consider it, even if it's just 8C or 10C.

With the rumor of 16 core at 850$, I think 600$ should probably get you the 12 core. Looking at those samples from OP it looks to be 3GHz minimum as well.

It still leads to blind speculation, you grade A cunt.

Thanks I did not know that.

>need
I don't need them. I want them for the same reason I want a car more horsepower than I could reasonable use without breaking the law, or the same reason why I stockpile ammunition that will likely never be used.

Who are you quoting?
You can't even answer the question, retard. You're a typical pajeet shill. Kill yourself subhuman trash.

How old are you?
Is this what your priority is? Getting best PC config you can get? Do you live on your own?

Fuck off retard. People are excited for finally having progress in the CPU market and here you are being a dick to everyone.

>moar coraz
>progress
ebin XD
ever heard of xeons? Or are you too poor to get actual enterprise hardware?

>ebin shitty scaling of many bingbuses
Begone, ghost of Larrabee.

>How old are you?
>Is this what your priority is?
Priority? No, but it's something I enjoy. I'm not going to stop simply because you don't like it and throw tantrums.
>Do you live on your own?
Of course, but there's nothing wrong with living with your parents either.

I hope so, it's price and how far it can OC that will decide if I get one. I've already got a custom water loop so cooling it should be no problem.

>shitty scaling
elaborate, you dumb meme repeater
And I never said a word about "progress'. i just implied you don't need these 10000 core CPUs to just shitpost on Sup Forums and play gaymes, like you usually do, Sup Forumstard.
>because you don't like it and throw tantrums.
I never told you to stop. I'm questioning your adulthood. Normal people save money for bad times, they invest money in themselves/their company. You buy meme AyyMD 1488 core CPUs to shitpost more efficiently on Sup Forums with benchmarks and anime pigs.
You're both pathetic and should seek help.

Brian pls stop shitposting.

>I'm so poor that I can't even imagine someone being able to both save money AND afford inexpensive electronics
It must suck being you lol.

pls quit living
and stop shitting my Sup Forums with your pathetic ayymd vs jewtel wars. Get back to linus shill forums or something.

This.

Software follows hardware, it always has.
We don't know where developers are going to go next now that they have more room to make more demanding applications. Also this is for the high end market. Software to take advantage of all these cores wont be out for sometime.....other than VMs.

Brian you definetly should stop shitposting on Sup Forums.

>wasting money makes me rich!
lmao

>Begone, ghost of Larrabee

lol

>Strawman
Sasuga poorfag.

12c24t? Will the tsp on the low end be lower than the others?

Reminder to report shitposters, trolls, etc.

developers write applications to match their customer's hardware.
In fact by constantly upgrading your meme builds with newest cpus you make developers even more lazy, so they don't optimize SHIT.
This is why android needs constant network access, 4GB of RAM and octa core CPUs to do something as simple as handling video streaming or some basic shit applications. Even fucking facebook application takes 1GB of RAM. YOU made developers write shit code like that.
Kill yourselves

remind to report all pajeet shills in intel/amd threads.

This is quite possibly the dumbest argument for not upgrading I've ever heard.

Your lack of argument is even dumbest.

Yeah I'm sure developers would be fucking psyched to be coding programs still for 486's running 2 MB of RAM. Imagine the possibilities.

>even dumbest
It's time to stop posting.

kill yourself. Nice way to ignore actual argument, pajeet.
Have fun ruining the industry. You're the reason why x86 needs to fucking die.

Reminder to report shitposters.

I bet you're one of these brainless shitposters who recommend getting at least 32GiB of RAM for basic shitposting and playing games in 1080p. You're a disgrace to this community.

OFF THE CHARTS EDITION

do I read IDs right?
so, 1.2Ghz vega performs in between 1080-1080ti
the heck is 1600Mhz vega then?

Nah senpai, continue being an ignorant dolt in all aspects of your life. Your comment
>something as simple as handling video streaming
belies how little you know about this subject. You have no idea how much computational power is required to do "basic shit applications" that you apparently know nothing about. Could devs optimize some things more? Yeah, fucking obviously. Does that mean hardware development needs to stop completely? Fuck no.

Yeah, not really, but if people want to waste money on stuff they don't need I don't throw an autistic fit about it.

Also
>this community
my fucking sides.

That's coffee lake
Cannon lake will be 2/4 and 4/8, and only for laptops.

Workstation card.

Non - frontier edition will be more optimized for muh gaymes.

AMD has already said this user.

>the heck is 1600Mhz vega then?
FE card.

looks fine on the 16gb 1ghz version, higher oc headroom and confidence in baseline perf instead of oc'ing it to insane temps

>m-m-muh coraz!
>don't be a poor goy, buy more corez! Soon you won't be able to shitpost on Sup Forums with just 4 cores. ((((hehe))))
(You)

>16c to be priced at $849

it will be same GPU with different drivers

600mhz difference doesn't disappear

1000mhz ID was floating around a few weeks back with 1070 scores, 600mhz bump puts it at who knows where

>AMD Jewripper coming in fast!!!
fixed

No, 1600mhz is 225w one. That's baseline Vega card.

You cant compare AMD and Nvidia clocks.

this.

inb4 they are all bought up by crypto miners due to the current crypto bubble and you can't find a VEGA GPU anywhere (just like the RX 570 and 580 is currently sold-out worldwide).

She did and there won't be any Intel chips paired with AMD graphics.

Intel could very well be planning 6-core laptop chips because fully expect AMD to have a lower-clocked 8 core laptop chip. Ryzen 7 1700 has a 65W TDP. It's doable. Keep in mind that the 1600X has 2 cores less and that's a 95W part because of it's higher clock. Something like a 2 or perhaps 2.4 GHz 8-core laptop chip may be doable.

How much fucking wait for those? 2017 right?

i'm running 390
don't really believe that 225w

>tiled binning and larger L2
Pls read about Maxwell.

I'm comparing scores, 600mhz difference is very substantial for GCN

curious with premium mobo pricing, anticipating less than x99s

non-gaymen, just for reference

3m2 slots, 10gb aerion card included

802.11ad

There's about 3 architecture generations between your Hawaii and Vega, user.

Also that 225W is in AMD's official slides.

Frontier will be released first. Consumer Vega shortly after. Read the news, my dude.

That mobo is going to cost upwards of $400, so it's a bad example

No shit? Intel's HEDT mobos go up to $700, no doubt the same will be for AMD's HEDT
Thankfully you can use the AMD mobo for 4 years, get CPU updates, but I'd still get the cheaper less overkill models.

thicc socket

I think that might actually be a 7W chip. The clocks are far lower than I would expect for a 4/8 config at 15W.

I'M LITERALLY SHAKING RIGHT NOW

PLEASE COMFORT ME INTELBROS

this socket doesn't get less scary every time I look at it

>the guy she told you not to worry about

That socket is the least of your worries, pretty sure in 2 years we will have a 32 core processor with a socket twice as big as that one.

Cant wait to cryptomine with these mega frontier cards, I'll buy 4 :D

coolers in couple years it's going to be x2 shrink, size should stay the same

The x399 socket and the server socket are quite literally the same. The chips will fit in each of the others socket. The difference being in that the EPYC chips are designed to run without a chipset.

Wait for 10nm, lol.

isn't it a bit on expensive side perf/watt wise?

then expect a 64 core processor with a socket 4x the size of a regular one.

there's nowhere to go but up on core count.

>Wait for a slower process
kek
Even Intel have said that their 10nm node will be slower for a significant amount of time, with only improvements being in power draw.

intel been disclosing things left and right recently, even tape ins
10nm canon only just taped in, yield news is yet to follow heh

EPCY are SoC?

in consumer space - impossible
consider the cooling, threadripper is already pushing it on cooler surface area size

Zen 32 cores for $1700? MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Yes.

wow thats fucking crazy.
one chip delivers more performance than 2 xenons. I understand xenons are old and have not change much but it looks like intel is going to get fucked for the next 2 years or so.

>I only shitpost on Sup Forums so that's all anybody else would ever want to do with a computer
This is you right now.

No shit dude. 128 lanes on 1S boards is as anally devastating as it gets for Intel. They simply can't compete.