Where did the "France surrenders" meme originate from?

Where did the "France surrenders" meme originate from?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FUjGf2Grrus&ab_channel=stefant75
youtube.com/watch?v=FUjGf2Grrus
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

History.

Fucking Murricans were mad that France didn't follow them in Iraq like a lap dog. They even said they would veto the war in UN Security Council.
So they decided to bash the French with their anglo "friends".
Well, coming from another country with a great military history like UK, I can consider it banter, but coming from shit non-countries as I often see it, it's quite stupid.

WW2

Ww2

WW2

WW 2

>being this underage
the meme predates the invasion of Iraq

Retard

Details please? Is it related to Vichy France?

>non-countries
Such as yourself

Yes, because they surrendered to Germany so soon in the war. But it wasn't the French people's fault so much as it was the fault of their government deciding to fail at that time, as was in the nature of the French government to do so every decade or so in that time period

Because they think we fought badly (even with the british army helping us kek). After that muhrica comes and think the war is over after D-Day (but the russians did all the work)

The short version is some people dislike that France surrendered before every last inch of their contry was occupied. But the truth is that they were pretty much beat anyway, and continuing would have done nothing but cost them more French lives and destroyed infrastructure

Probably the case among anglo countries. But the Iraq invasion definitely spread it to the world, with continuous french bashing. Hell, even shit countries like Latvia or Peru make this joke now.

France was a huge country but surrendered in a couple of days to Germany.

Tbh I never heard any of those outside of Sup Forums, so most likely it's Sup Forums made.

youtube.com/watch?v=FUjGf2Grrus&ab_channel=stefant75

I've heard it outside of Sup Forums a lot of times.
But in older generations, 90% of those jokes, at least in USSR/post-USSR those jokes were about Italy.
In my generation, everybody jokes about France. Even people who have no idea what Sup Forums is.

It might existed before but it became mainstream after the Iraq war

I think The Simpsons popularised it originally.
youtube.com/watch?v=FUjGf2Grrus

Don't forget how brits withdrew heroically.

>France surrenders in WWII and waits it out
>now a country better and stronger than Germany
>Russians fight the Germans to the last tooth
>now an impoverished shithole
Makes you wonder.

The influence of America works it's way even into the state of Georgia I see

I'M SURE the british also had something to do with it considering you spread lies about napoleon being short.

>Tbh I never heard any of those outside of Sup Forums, so most likely it's Sup Forums made.
Literally every anglo I met, whether it's an expat, a tourist or student on erasmus makes that joke at least twice a day.

this
>as was in the nature of the French government to do so every decade or so in that time period
Yes, the capitulation of Paris in 1814's a good example.

to be fair, the french also got btfo in vietnam and the foreign legion was nearly decimated.

fuckers tried splitting the country and lead to the civil war a decade later, all because they didn't want to be leave a legacy of being pathetic.

He was short though

Literally nothing to do with USA, fuck off.

He was not. You just got their system of measurements incorrect. It turns out french inches are longer than english inches (as are other things)

British propaganda was fun. They claimed that Croat mercenaries from the 30 years' war ate children.

Here's more British propaganda, about a French naval fortress.

pic related.

Modern historians place him at 5'6.5" in modern inches. That's not short in your mind?

To be fair, everyone did that shit in the 30 years war. Even Sweden.

>France better than us
No

Why is anglo propaganda so efficient?

5'6.5"-5'7" was average to above average back in those times but they were making him out to be 5'2 then.

Nice delusion

About European average for the time.

IS THAT A GOLD PLATED 1911 OR AM I HAVING A SEIZURE

Seems like it's bronze, but they fucked up the time period.

At least, this time, it is not a german gun. There is so much things wrong about this game I don't know if it is some sort of marketing plan or if they are really this stupid. They are even using machine guns as assault rifles like it is Vietnam or some shit, they even have an amazon warrior princess in the most women hatting part of the world.

Nothing is safe from the progressives, not even historical facts.

Luxembourg best ally

It's interesting how British aren't considered cowards when they fled from Europe with tail behind their legs in '40.

*between their legs, rather.

The British didn't pull out of the war or surrender, and the British never stopped fighting to defend their country.

That's the difference.

Interaction with Frenchmen

Isn't Finlands claim to fame a sniper killing Russians but the rest of you were pussies?

>cowards
>died in droves on other country's soil
>came back to do it again, and again

meanwhile, finnish troops learn to goose-step

When they redeployed the majority of their army to defend Belgian subhumans instead of concentrating on defending their home soil and so got #rekt in a matter of days.

was he a good president?

>Preorder Battlefield 1 and get...
>the Hellfighter Package
>7-day Early Access
>a bonus DLC map
It's off-topic, but I just want EA to die.

>escape to their safe island haven
>heroic

pick one and only one.

Never understood the "goose-step" meme 'murican propaganda pushed during and after the war. How are you supposed to march without rising your leg? And German "stepping" was pretty reasonable, compare that to how Indians and Pakistanis try to one up each other by rising the leg higher even today.

originated from the French surrender, I reckon

This is literally a ragecomic made by a redditor to represent his view of geopolitics

>was he a good president?
He was a terrible President for France. He indulged the French penchant for Statism.

>Chirac's economic policies, based on dirigisme, state-directed ideals, stood in opposition to the laissez-faire policies of the United Kingdom, which Chirac famously described as "Anglo-Saxon ultraliberalism".[3]

>In evaluating Chirac's presidency a decade later, the British magazine The Economist stated:

>In his term, unemployment averaged 10 percent, debt mounted, the French said no to Europe, and the suburban banlieues rioted....It was on his watch that France's competitive position sharply declined...His best claims to a place in history were his stand against the American-led assault on Iraq, and his recognition of the collaborationist French government's role in deporting Jews. [But today] Jacques Chirac has emerged as an improbable icon of retro taste and a figure of public affection.[4]
On 15 December 2011, the Paris court declared him guilty of diverting public funds and abusing public confidence, and gave Chirac a two-year suspended prison sentence.

He was the best président. Hated by britfags, which is good.

God-tier charisma

He fucked your economy but hey he had great charisma, based Chirac rite?

This is why you get on well with the Americans, the majority of your population always goes for style over substance. At least the Americans aren't Statist though.

He was kinda OK, but since he was senile and had brain damage during his second mandate he didn't accomplish much indeed.

Finns did pretty well, prevented the soviets from getting in and didn't get dragged heavily into the war. Sounds like they knew what they were doing.