Cuba

I'm in Havana for a little bit and I'm willing to answer questions. Will also post pictures I took from earlier this year and also from this trip -- might take a while due to slow Internet, though.

Other urls found in this thread:

circleboard.org.Sup
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What's the food like?

>Will also post pictures I took from earlier this year and also from this trip
oh man i love pics
post habana prostitutes pics if you have any

Do you have special tourist internet?

Eh. Depends where you go. The average Cuban, of course, doesn't eat incredibly well. Though there are plenty of restaurants that do incredible things with what they've got. Lots of natural ingredients and you feel "cleaner" when you finish a meal here vs. U.S., U.K., Russia, etc. I had a really good suckling pig just a couple of days ago. The skin was like cracklings. Lots of fried stuff for snacks -- bananas, plantains, sweet potatoes and pastries (containing meat, cheese, onions, etc.) Not too many potatoes these days, but more than when I was here in March. Staples are chicken, bread, onions and sometimes pork.

I might have a couple around here. I'll look for them.

I have an apartment here. Slowly making it cozy. First thing I did was install "good" Internet (good by Cuban standards). Can't stream and pictures take about 60-120 seconds to load. Even longer to upload.

do people like communism?

is there a black market for things?

So it's regular cuban internet any cuban could subscribe?

I didn't know cubans could access Sup Forums, I thought it was almost like China, or worse, in terms of censorship.

How are stores there? or the houses, the buildings, the streets or whatever?
Please, post pics

Where are you originally from, how can you own an apartment and why did you decide to move there

Are you being monitored by any cuban intelligence agency/state security?

People are used to communism. Some like it, others don't, but it's their status quo and it's tough for many of them to think outside of that frame.

And of course there's a black market. Are you silly? There's even this Internet black market substitute called Paketa. Maybe I'll talk more about it down the thread.

Not many Cubans can afford this Internet.
As for censorship... Ah, it's not that bad. Whether it's by apathy, incompetence or just plain good will, things are getting better around here in terms of rights and accessibility to information. Just don't force me to outright speak out against the Castros.

Stores are pretty damn barren. Not a lot of products and when they're there, they're shitty and only one brand. You have to hunt to find things, from eggs to printers. And everything's way more expensive than it has to be.

I'm a Russian-American. My family is pursuing interests in Cuba, and it was just easier to get an apartment. We rent directly from the Communist Party.

Probably, but as long as I don't speak harshly I doubt anything will happen. Why would they let so many foreigners to visit if they wanted to keep things hush-hush? That was 10-15 years ago. It's changing now.

Also, I'm having trouble uploading images. Captcha expires before it finishes. Please hold.

Does toilet paper have to go into a bin?

I am getting some weird and stupid captchas -- multiple solutions and stuff. I might just grab a pass for this. Jesus.

Only if the toilet is actually a hole in the ground.

Are there a lot of drugs in Cuba?

Can I buy a piece of land on the Cuba and move there to live?

Of course, but I've only heard of them. Every country in the world has drugs.

Only Cuban citizens may buy and sell land.

thank you for the answer,is there crime in cuba?do you feel safe walking in the streets?

How do you do your groceries?

Sad. But as expected. it's a pity. You can then recommend a good brand of Cuban cigarillos?

Awesome ass!

Is Cuba white?

It's safe enough. No guns, of course. But there are neighbourhoods you don't wander late at night -- especially as a foreigner.

You find farmer's markets and farmers with carts who come in from outside the city. You need a "guy" for just about everything.

Cohiba. About to light one as I cook lunch.

>is there crime in cuba?
Can't you read? He just stated his Russian-American family is pursuing interests there.

looks like vineales

How well does the CoD map resemble the real city? :^)

Cohiba not tried. While most attracted Partagas, when compared with the Guantanamera and Montecristo. Fields and mountains in the far background look so gorgeous that I want to live in Cuba.

What does the average Cuban person eat? Do they have the usual three meals a day? Do they eat meat?

meh, pretty close

How is your plan to assassinate president Raúl Castro coming along?

>There's even this Internet black market substitute called Paketa.

Is this the thing where people with a computer but no internet connection can buy a flashdrive loaded with mdedia (shows, music, etc.)?

Cuba is paper white, tanned white, poo brown, full-on black -- every colour of the rainbow.

Hahaha its the russians r criminal meme u so funy :DD

Correct!

Can't remember how it looked and I'm not about to sit for minutes trying to load a video or pictures. Just based on that picture, though -- yes.

No point. And I'm being 100% serious. I don't see what anyone has to gain from that.

Correct! And there are new ones ALL the time. Most popular thing these days on Paketa is Game of Thrones.

When I read it I realized that Cuba needs a huge number of Internet pirates.

I can do business on the theft of serials, translating them into Spanish Cuban in the sale of the Cubans?

I wouldn't recommend living here just yet, unless you have opportunities going in.

Average Cuban in Havana lives a pretty "normal" life -- 3 hots and a cot, often have meat. Lots of poor people in the countryside, smaller towns, and even just worse neighbourhoods might have less meat or skip a meal here and there.

I think I'm done with this thread. Tried to make this post easily over 20 times. Gook-Moot clearly doesn't want anyone to know about Havana. Won't even let me buy a pass.

My friend
What exactly are you doing in cuba

what about prostitutes?

M8 please could you post here so I can collect your bird

circleboard.org.Sup Forumsres/409123.html