Why the FUCK would anybody install this distro?

Why the FUCK would anybody install this distro?

because people still recommend it.

worst fucking distro for security too

What besides gentoo do you recommend then?

>worst fucking distro for security too

No it isn't.

for new users pretty much any easy to use distro besides mint

for more experienced users gnu guix, slackware, arch, parabola, debian, LFS

at the end of the day pick your poison but mint is fucking cancer

>What besides gentoo do you recommend then?

Manjaro

I know right? I mean installing mint 12 in the age of glorious mint 18 is crazy.
I'm a hardcore archfag but lint is the distro I recommend to everybody. Sup Forums hate it because its popular.

I don't know why I'd install Linux Mint 12 in 2017 either, user.

anything that isn't one of those shitty distros based on other distros, maintained by incompetent devs.

This of course includes Mint and Manjaro. Don't trust anyone who recommends these to you, because they'll be back in a week making a Linux hate thread because their shitty distro broke.

I installed Rosa yesterday. Shit just werks...or if not Google knows how to fix it.

Haters gon hate.

But Manjaro openrc is extremely based.

see you in a week, future winfag

I don't know! Because they've never heard of Xubuntu maybe?!

I wouldn't install Mint 12 in (current year)

I think the latest is 18 or 18.1

cinnamon looks like shit but is prolly the most stable, modern DE.

Metasploitable Linux exists.

what's wrong with it?

how so?

>bak86 !!gfiaVFlMiT4

So, name the distro that I can recommend to my friend as a first linux

just use arch-anywhere

двaчyю

because noob friendly, motherfucker

If your friend can into computers, Arch.

Because it is superior to Unbuntu in every way

Name a better one macfag

Lubuntu if you are a normie, Devuan if you feel like stop being a normie

DON'T USE ARCH OR GENTOO IF YOU ARE A NORMIE

any *buntu can do the job for tech dumbs
ubuntu mate or kubuntu for newbies from windows 7
xubuntu for former macfags
lubuntu for oldmachine dudes and xpfags

Funny
What does normie means?

nice meme

pretty much tech illiterates

>normie

Nice distro for people who switch to linux cuz microsoft messed up windows. For peope who dont care about free software but want to use linux and have nearly no technical knowledge. Easy to use and good support.

nice meme

So, why they are chose mint instead of ubuntu?

>m-memes
The clown doing jokes here is you.

take it you're a mint user

Ubuntu was made to be so easy to use as windows.
Mint was made to be a replace for windows.

I recommend for such user Ubuntu, but if they already use Mint or got Problems with unity/gnome, its a fine distro. (of course they could install cinamon but target group is linux/tech noobs)

With 2Gb of ram what distro would be good to start learning, doesn't matter if breaks?....some distro that isn't fucking gentoo?

Because it's the best distro for users coming from Windows that don't want a massive learning curve and that want to ease themselves into Linux.

It's basically Baby's First Linux Distro. I don't see the problem in it.

Something lightweight with xfce or i3

Bunsenlabs.

Because they want Linux, but want it to be easy to use. It's especially good for getting into linux, after having used Windows for like forever.

I used Arch as my first distro back when I knew next to nothing about Linux and it still worked out fine. What's wrong with using it as a beginner's distro?

kubuntu is garbage

Don't act as though using any Linux distro really requires that much tech knowledge, we all know that it doesn't.

I like Mint.

Neckbeards just hate Mint because it brings floods of Windows newfags into their little world and because Mint is one of the few Linux distributions that literally "just work" with a bit less bloat than Ubuntu

Believe it or not, there are people who want to disable mouse acceleration and do other basic shit without having to edit config files.

Mint is the windows 7 of the linux world.
inb4 gentoo

I dislike that round outline border on the window thumbnail popup, at least you can get rid of it with a theme like arc.

Either Parabola gnu/linux or Trisquel.

Thank you Richard

Mint is good for newbies and casuals, but version 12, in 2017? WTF?

I appreciate the filter, thanks

no u

---------------------

Srsly tho, if you're looking for a DE with the perfect balance netween stability and customization cinnamon is the answer. I prefer MATE or budgie over it personally because of aesthetics, but they're not as stable as cinnamon.

And I used Slackware in the 90's, still wouldn't recommend it for beginners.

A normalfag?

Ubuntu, anything else is autism

what distro this

that's what ubuntu is for

Pajeet resolution

DEVUAN hahaaahahaha its like debian but completely broken and has init

any other distro

best distro for new comers dont recommend ubuntubased shit to newcomers then they get use to nigger-get install

are you still in the 90s slackware is fine for anyone ./(packagename).SlackBuild and installpkg are not hard

I have kali as a main OS on my laptop but just put mint on a family members computer to stop them from buying windows ten. I made mint look as much like windows as I could but It is a pretty shitty OS. It is slow to boot and has considerable lag from time to time.

I want to delete whatever is slowing it down and try to use it but I give it another week. Looking into Arch after this. Hopefully it works well for the family though. I don't want them using winshit.

I can't fucking believe my family insists on using windows and Internet explorer.....................

Any advice on configuring mint for a smooth ride.

Or any other G2G distro that is secure and could be configured to look sorta like windows?

Which still isn't stable at all. I prefer cinnamon, but every fucking time I have something that requires booting into my Mint install for best performance or efficiency (like building an Android distro), I have to spend like 1 to 2 hours trying to find out why cinnamon is broken and falling back to safe mode and fixing it before I can move on to actually using it. First it's a driver, next time it's because I changed my monitors since the last boot, then it's some update the last time I did it that simply broke it and required purging and reinstalling, I'm just waiting for what's next.

Void Linux

Mint is good, only distro that is redpilled on the you know whos