Personal/portable music player thread (/pmp/)

Personal/portable music player thread (/pmp/)
>Or alternatively
phone music player thread
Last one:

Other urls found in this thread:

jaycar.com.au/smart-phone-media-button/p/AR3137
pastebin.com/2P7RiFFs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

should I cop an ipod mini and mod it?

Does anyone have one of those Sony Walkman? They seem to look pretty cool.

I have my iPod 5g for 10 years now. Should I mod it or use the money to buy a FiiO X3?

At what price point do PMPs deliver better sound quality than a phone?

>using walkman/portable-player/phone
>not strapping instruments to yourself and remembering the artists' song' notes to play from memory

What's a good customizable app for music ? I'll try anything honestly.

Probably around £50.

Sansa Clip+ is shit and should stop being shilled.

>app
just use rockbox

Okay, dumping photos of toys.

album art and other tags don't work as well as the normal apple os on the classic

Last

what headphones should I get?

>monoprice 8323
>sennheiser hd 202
>tascam th 02
>koss portapro
>samson sr850

>not playing the entire song from memory in your head, note for note, in complete silence
full pleb

What's the best music player available? I didn't buy in on the Sanasa meme back in the day and now they're discontinued and stupid expensive.

All I need is for it to not sound like shit and read music, especially free formats like Opus/Vorbis, off an SD card.

I use a cucked phone with no microSD slot so it doesn't matter to me what SD form factor it uses. I want something small because hauling my Nexus 6 around just to play music is ridiculous.

I have a stick-type Walkman. Pretty good

Yes. Keep in mind only the 2nd gen's storage is upgradeable.

do both generations have rockbox?

They dont unless you spend more than a phone. My ipod video 5g sounds terrible and my iphone 6 sounds better than it and my m-audio firewire 24/96 dac + headphone amp at home

Bbut but phones dont have physical but.......

aw shit i am just gonna get this for my iphone for bike rides

jaycar.com.au/smart-phone-media-button/p/AR3137

Need a beater music player , can support an sd card of up to 64gb, and ogg, flac, and wav

ruizu, xduoo, fioo

>$30 for a button
buy a chink dap instead

Xduoo X2

Zune guy here I just dumped the private id3 tags from the music that the zune software put on my mp3 files. I have no idea what I'm looking at though. Any thoughts?pastebin.com/2P7RiFFs

Works for me

I'm going to bite the bullet and hope it's not totally worthless
Does it actually improve sound or is it some meme ?

I need a PMP that can hold at least 256GB and supports album artist tags (I have a lot of compilations)

for some insane reason a lot of firmware doesn't support album artist grouping

meme

>jaycar

What is the most affordable PMP/phone available NEW today which is demonstrably, through objective measurements, as transparent as a Clip+?

Sucks that rockbox doesn't have multiple genres support.

It's the only thing keeping me from using it desu

Yea I don't use dedicated players when my phone with quad dac does just fine driving my superior Skullcandy headphones.

>using a mp3 player
>unironically not fundating on coding or other creative projects while not otherwise engaged

Congrats

iPhone 6/6s has a very very good dac especially if you are listening to 48k/24bit Lossless ... Just as good as any external DAC (within a few %)

iPhone 6 + Kz-ate + 24bit is as good as it gets on a budget IMHO also I use an app called canopener - best flac player and eq on IOS - not talked about very much here on Sup Forums

Why not just transcode to ALAC and use the stock music app?

Real simple Breh. I could as I already downconvert my DSD and 24/192 flac library to 24/48 flac. The real kicker is I ditched iTunes in 2010 and my MacBook and media server run Devuan + Cinnamon. Importing into the IOS music app is impossible thanks to Apple DRM but dragging and dropping into a 3rd party app has been easy in *nix for about 7 years now thanks to libimobiledevice and ifuse and a few other libraries some geeks wrote and who I am indebted to this day

I Started out just being contrarian but I got rewarded with lossless 24bit on my iPhone 4s and 6 long before people realised it was possible. Even for Audionerds 24bit ALAC is pretty rare. It's a fine format but Apple really did fuck up when we are only getting flac support in iOS11 IMHO

>Importing into the IOS music app is impossible thanks to Apple DRM
DRM doesn't prevent you from transferring music to your Apple device. I've had multiple iPods, iOS and not, never purchased a single song through iTunes, and never had an issue adding music to them. Hell, not even music obtained through iTunes is DRMed anymore.

I have an old iPod video with rockbox on it, is it any better for listening to music than my phone?

If you prefer physical controls, then yes.

(You) Cannot import music into the music app without iTunes on / Windows / Mac

It's not possible on Linux. But very easy to drag and drop into the "documents" folder of a third party app thanks to AFC2 libraries

>Learn to read

Why are Sandisk's players so popular? They're really shit to be honest, no weight to them.

I just can't be bothered carrying more shit for something my phone can do.

It's a Sup Forums meme from 2012 that hasn't aged that well. Smartphone DACs caught up in a big way and besides physical buttons for excercise It's all over for PMP unless you have an Askel and Kern and regularly Rock DSD x128

KZ headphones on the other hand are a great meme and are awesome

If you are thinking of modding an iPod to except more storage - don't the the analogue output stage is garbage compared to a new phone

>2017
>being poor
Hahaha

Why the fuck don't any PMP seem to support Opus yet?

>tfw 00s aesthetics pmp is way too expensive

>snab
my nigga

>my 20th anniversary v-pet is coming this month
Thanks for reminding me

Fiio has better sound and no need to mod it.

>snab
wtf is that?

Polish company that produces affordable head/earphones.

I need a portable DAC that isn't too much expensive like the Dragonfly ones. I don't want to use a separate device to listen to music.

>(You) Cannot import music into the music app without iTunes on / Windows / Mac
That has nothing to do with DRM, you fucking retard.
>>Learn to read
First of all, there is literally nothing preventing you from firing up XP in a VM. Secondly, suck a chode, you piece of shit.

xD

Every DAP that Rockbox supports supports Opus.

Modding it's part of the fun.

Poorfags can't afford micro sd's and phones.
Lmao

>Every DAP that Rockbox supports supports Opus.
Really? Last time I checked Rockbox didn't support it either. Too bad that basically no new DAP seem to support Rockbox then.

I have a phone, a microSD card in it, and a DAP.

Practically every song on my DAP is Opus and it runs Rockbox.
>Too bad that basically no new DAP seem to support Rockbox then.
It doesn't matter, the best DAPs aren't new.

>the best DAPs aren't new.
Sandisk's DAPs are shit compared to more modern stuff like the ones Fiio and Xduuo make.

>he uses a phone to listen to music
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
LOOK AT THIS DUMB EARLET
HAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH
A PHONE
HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
WHAT A FUCKING LOSER
Lemme guess you also use included headphones? Too gold
This fucking earlet

i have the Xduoo X3, running rockbox and loaded with two 128gb SD cards. the audio quality of the DAC in the X3 is easily as good as some DAPs that are five times as expensive as the X3, and having 256gb of music in a device the size of a candybar is downright amazing.....

X3 is the way, the truth, and the light, my niggra

The sad part is that my headphones cost more than your Sansa :^)

Wait you spent money on expensive headphones? To listen listen your phone? HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA THIS EARLET HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HIS PHONE BARELY HAS A DAC AND AND HE SPENT MONEY ON HEADPHONES
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
LOOK AT THIS EARLET
HE CAN'T EVEN HEAR THE DIFFERENCE AND HE SPENT A 1000 DOLLARS ON IT HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LOOK AT THIS DUMB IDIOT EVERYONE

Stay jealous kid.
Remember to post your $20 superior plastic MP4 from china :^)

Where did I say anything about Sandisk?

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HE'S TRYING SO HARD TO CONVINCE HIMSELF THAT HE DIDNT WASTE HIS MONEY
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
A PHONE
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>This triggers the poorfags
:^)
Little pajeet BTFO

>implying phonefags are not pajeets

It's okay Raj. You should check Alluh isn't fucking your goat tho.

HE WASTED A 1000 DOLLARS ON PHONE WITH NO DAC THAT CAN'T DRIVE AND A THOUSAND MORE ON HEADPHONES
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH
HE STILL THINKS HE'S BETTER BECAUSE HE WASTES MONEY ON THINGS HE THINKS HE CAN HEAR
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA
LOOK AT THIS POOR FAG

Damn, Indians sure are awake right now.

How was that goat alluh? Better than your cow?

HE RAN OUT OF ARGUMENTS
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAH
HE KNOWS HE WASTED ALL OF HIS CASH ON NOTHING NOW HE'S TRYING PLAY THE POO CARD
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHHAAH
FUCKING POORFAG EARLET HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>Still not posting his EDC
Lmao.

>still making excuses because he ran out of arguments to make
Hahaha fucking poorfag earlet

Butthurted too much?
:^)

please cease this faggotry

/csg/ representing, the amp is aune b1

>wants audio quality
>buys chinkshit
I really don't get you retards from /ctg/.

If you're a schiitfag from /hpg/ i'm not interested in what you have to say

What headphones are those? It that the original cable

Where can I find a silicone case for my Clip+ like OP's pic?

Gleam deisgn handwork 1+8, you can find them on aliexpress if you search for dz9

The cables are mmcx, the cable in the picture is one i bought after breaking the one that came with the headphones

my sansa clip+ finally died ;_;. seven years of service. replaced it with this and am pretty happy. would like a rockbox style firmware though so that audiobooks pick up where they left off when I switch it off.

ruizu x02. I gotta admit when i first saw it and the price I though it'd be a piece of shit. But after I got it and tried it, I was wrong. Works/sounds great. Can drive a pair of sony headphones without fail and has great format support so no bothersome trans coding involved. Another bonus is no having to use fucking software (WMP/etc) to load/manage music, just drag the files you want to the respective folder and off you go. Plus for the price, if i accidentally break it or it get's stolen I ain't out that much money.

If you want to keep it for a few years then you should look into buying repair parts for it before they aren't available online anymore. I couldn't even find a back case for mine and msata converter are hard to come by.

The xduoo x3 is a great pmp....but the x10 is even better. Deff worth the extra money.

>Last time I checked Rockbox didn't support it either.
Yeah, it does. I'm still using an old Sansa E200 series that I flashed Rockbox on over a decade ago and it supports Opus.

>If you are thinking of modding an iPod to except more storage - don't the the analogue output stage is garbage compared to a new phone
So if one wants a PMP with physical buttons, long battery life, and a large amount of storage then what? I doubt that smartphones have caught up with PMPs for battery life over the past few years and I know they haven't started adding physical buttons again. I'm wondering because my Sansa E200 hasn't been doing well lately after a bit over a decade of service.

I'm looking for something to upgrade my Fiio X1 that is relatively small, has good battery and has (at least partial) tactile controls. I'm thinking that the Cowon Plenue D is looking good, anyone here had hands-on with it?

I have a phone

Does that make me better than you guys?

Grow up.

-t. No Phone Malone

Looks pretty good. How does it compare to the FiiO DAPs?

is there a good local music player for ios? should i just use the default?