Guts Thread

Guts thread, recent or planned updates edition.

I sold my rx 480 to a miner for $450 and upgraded to a 1080. That dangling 8 pin connector is pissing me off though

Guts

Having a poop colored motherboard

>That dangling 8 pin connector is pissing me off though

So plug it into a second 1080

ayy yo, can I borrow $500 right quick?

For that 900 square foot apartment life. i5 6600k/1070. No moving parts in pc except fans, nice and quiet.
It has to sit on my desk so it had to be small, or my son who is almost 2 would somehow destroy it I'm sure.

And before anyone says anything about temps, gpu/cpu both never go over 55C during anything except a stress test, and then it's not over 65C.

>all dat wasted space
I will never understand people who go full ATX.

8/10 - fix that GPU sag, also you did good on cable management for the MOBO, SSD, PSU but then fucking blew it on the GPU again.

How do I fix gpu sag, that pisses me off a lot this Strix card is heavy enough to use as a weapon for self defense. Also, my psu doesn't have single 8 pin cables sadly.

I see guts, I post. Simple.

Why don't you guys realize that if you can get $450 for a card to mine on it, you might be better off using it to mine so you can afford 10 1080s instead?
Instead of selling it for $450, you could have been making $200 per month mining with it and that that value mined could be doubled in a few months to really be $400 per month?

Do you not think you'll regret making an extra $200 off what you bought it for, when you could have made thousands of dollars?

easier to cool, easier to work on, most people don't live in a capsule hotel in Tokyo

New and Improved, now with the shittiest best case known to pckind

>I will never understand people who go full ATX.
Says more about you than them.

I'll bet you don't mine.
Everything is easier for the guy who doesn't have to do it.

considering the 2500k has been out for quite a long time. dont you think you could have upgraded to the i7 or a xeon since theyre cheaper now?

It's easy for the guy who has a massive mining system to plug in another card to increase profits. When all you have is one PC you use for everything with one gpu, mining on it 24/7 for profit doesn't make sense. If the person only cares about gaming and general use, why not let miners do their thing and upgrade their gpu for gaming?

Comparing current day, stock i5's to my overclocked sandy bridge always makes me change my mind.

Very nice, 7/10 please utilize more of your HD tray.

9/10 - very nice use of space, great job. The LED colors doesn't seem to match, I'm not an LED guy myself but at least I would try to get the colors to match.

I do mine.
$45,000+ of bitcoins and now I've been doing Ethereum.

It's very easy. I don't know why you wouldn't just mine for 2 months to make $400 AND still have the RX480 instead of just selling it for that amount and having no card.

You can mine while using the PC. You just can't game and shit. It still displays video for desktop fine.
The investment in an extra motherboard and PSU pays off quick if you don't have those laying around, though. I do mine on a different machine now but I started with 2 7970s in one machine. Even if you just mine while asleep or something, it's so damn profitable (which, duh, is why those cards are going for so much used), that it still works out fine not doing it 24/7.

Which is why the logical upgrade from the 2500k is a 1600 or 1600X instead.

>900 square foot apartment
>son

Maybe you should focus on getting your life together before buying frivolous things like a PC.

How do I fix dat GPU sag

1/2

2/2

Stress testing in P95. Seems to be pretty stable 4.5ghz @ 1.45 volts.

Hopefully this will give me some more frames in overwatch.

they dont match sadly. couldn't stand the ugly ass green on the reference GTX card, so i sanded it down so now its white. Been thinking about swapping the LED fan out with a non LED fan just so it doesn't clash.

thanks4C68R5M

>Which is why the logical upgrade from the 2500k is a 1600 or 1600X instead.

Single core performance still isnt where I want it to be to feel like a worthy upgrade. More cores would hardly feel any different since my quad core never gets fully utilized as it is.

I saw some guy on the internet say that AMD cards, even after the price spikes, have a better hash rate per dollar of purchase price than nvidia cards, but the midrange nvidia cards (750 ti, 1050 ti) have better hashrate per watt of electricity used. how true is that?

I doubt I'll have the balls to buy anything for mining though, I'm too afraid of the bubble popping before the hardware pays itself off.

see
master case accessory.

Nifty. My case doesn't have that stripper pole though.

I see, honestly yours is one of the best if not the best in this thread. There is one thing I just noticed however. You rear case fan's PWN wire is just hanging there and messing with the Feng Shui, I recommend running it along the right side of the fan to hide it or find a way to make it less of an eyesore. Overall 9/10. You got the high score in this thread.

the accessory comes with it.

It's a radiator fan.

I have since re-oriented it so it isn't as awkward but the cable can't really go any where but into the graphics card.

I should really take it outside and take some vanity shots.

I see. Thanks user.

You can probably tie it down to the radiator tubing.

Not totally true.

off the top of my head, which is generally fairly accurate:
RX560 10.5MHs-12.5MH/s at 60-75w.
1050Ti 6.8-8MH/s at ... 70-80w?
RX570 23-27 MH/s at 110-135w
RX580 25-29 MH/s at 130-155w
GTX 1070 30-32MH/s at 115-135w
Be careful not to base judgements from MH/s rate from last year as it's lower now.

45MH/s = ~1 ethereum per month. Ethereum was $265 yesterday and $285 today. I'm expecting $350-$600 by early next year so 1 eth per month could be $600 or more per month by next year but is currently $285 per month at today's price.
Also keep in mind that earning lowers with time. Like if I was mining with my 7970s last year they'd have made me about 2-4 ETH per month for 6 months, and I'd have like $5k-$10k worth of ETH from 6 months of mining back then. But currently they only make 0.2ETH per month
Electricity cost is completely negligible even if you live in EU and pay $0.25kw/H due to how absurdly valuable it is right now.

But you COULD mine on your 1050Ti and make like ~(0.175ETH)$60 per month at the current Ethereum value, at the cost of like $10 per month of electricity. Currently pretty much any card is worth mining on, like even my old 7970s I mined bitcoin on do 13-14MH/s but at more power cost than RX560s.
But they just really aren't worth buying new cards for like RX560/RX570/1070 are.

And here's my main rig now.

1600X
7970 MSI Lightning with Artic Accelero (12.8" long. You can see the heatsink hanging down past the card)
2 1TB SSDs.

Took almost 3 hours to put together. Kept having to rewire more optimally and take off case accessories. By far the longest it's taken me to do a build, but I'm super happy with it.
I'll replace the 7970 with Vega when it comes, probably. I want to get a card that's a bit smaller so I can fit the diagonally mounted intake fan on the bottom.

Might wait to buy a Vega x2, really... Nothing I play at 1920x1200 taxes my 7970 most of the time and there aren't good 4K HDR10 120hz+ monitors out yet.

9/10 This is an amazing build but I can't help but think that GPU will get pretty hot.

Any opinion on the cryptonote-based coins?

1700x meme btw

I'm still upgrading but I got all the main parts at least. Still waiting on white braided power cables and a new CPU cooler clip because I fucked up reinstalling and broke one so now the fan is a little slanted and it's affecting cooling. Other than that, did I seriously fuck up anywhere?

Got my new psu installed. Also meme case is a meme. I don't quite regret it but i definitely wouldn't recommend it outside some very specific uses.
>now with non-retarded pic

>pic still rotated
What the fuck windows.

Fans are generally louder than HDD activity anyway.

I also have dangling 8-Pin.
I really want to do a custom loop because it interests me, but I don't think I can justify the cost on a 1070.
For the cost I could buy higher performance parts. On the other hand, there is the value of knowledge? And I get 60fps in 1440p ultra anyway.

Thanks, user.
Yeah the GPU is idling at 100-120watt, lmao. But it still stays 40C core, and 48C VRM at that power draw and 34% fan speed.
However the CPU is only 33C while just doing general desktop usage and doesn't get much over 40C under heavy usage, and doesn't go over 50C with 100% load on all 12 threads.
I ran Furmark until temps leveled off and it went up to 320W on the GPU, 80C vcore, 80C mem, 92C VRM. Hotter than my last case for the GPU, but the CPU still stays at 33C.
But.. that's at the stock 1175mV. The GPU is way better binned to just do that.

I only have that single 120mm fan in the Silverstone at the top running but it's amazing. It blows so much air despite being quiet. I can feel it sucking all the way through the dust filters on the bottom.
When I get Vega or whatever that's less long I should be able to remove that rear fan and just use the front, and it should be completely quiet instead of just very quiet then.
The are also downsides to the case that it was made to hold 3 old 3.5" HDDs which adds a lot of useless extra space in the back, the fan cables are ugly, not made for SFX PSU, etc. I wish they made a new modern case in this style.

It makes most sense to mine whichever crytocurrency is most valuable at the time (which is Ethereum right now), then trade say 1/3rd of it into BAT, ZCash, BTS, DGB, or whatever else you think might go up in value more than you think Eth will.
It does not make sense to directly mine low value currencies.

>full tower

STOP

I need to take an updated picture but moving it around...lets be real here.

That's a mid tower case dumbass.

myb

>all that empty space
>all those empty PCI slots
>that tiny radiator

Liked

>...
Get out.

>children
>being on Sup Forums

sort your fucking life out grandpa, you don't belong here

Why do you have a 1000w psu? There's no way that system uses more than 450 at full load.

I got a good deal on it.

Very nice 6/10.

>son
point and laugh
Cuck case for a cuck boy

Watch out, an adult on an 18+ website. I'm 22 mate.

What CPU cooler is that? It's sexy.

>Yeah the GPU is idling at 100-120watt, lmao.
Not sure if you know this, but AMD GPU gets hot with 2 non-identical monitors attached, and Nvidia GPU 3 monitors. To solve the problem, enable iGPU-multimonitor in BIOS, attach your secondary monitors to the motherboard and only your gaming monitor to the GPU.
That's assuming you're using an Intel build with IGP.

This is an amazing ITX build. I am currently looking at a new AMD 1700x build myself. I would love to know what case this is.

Kill yourself, faggot.

looks like Ncase M1

W..what? I don't mean me. I meant this gentleman over here:

ooh, my bad

What is the point of a guts thread when 80% of it is covered up?

Just bought a blu-ray external drive for my movie collection.

I can't get motived to buy a new GPU the miners are just buying all of the affordable GPU's.

No :3

What should one do if it's an AMD setup?

Shit picture but whatever.

Looks like it was cable managed by someone with autism because I just put a new PSU and 1080ti in it, fuck cable managing before you're sure shit works.

Forgot pic.

You're fucked.

Been testing games and different workloads for a week now
Can say that the 1700x (while mine can only top out at 3.9ghz) is really great at rendering, encoding, multitasking, etc
I've noticed some discrepancies in a handful of games but it outweighs the difference in smoothness I see in everything else
Where as with my 6700k in Rising Storm 2 I would get a constant 60 all the time I find myself dipping into the 30s with my 1700x which I think can be blamed entirely on unreal 3. Besides getting lower graphics scores in 3d mark for some reason I haven't noticed many other differences. I'm sure these are all just small kinks that will be worked out in the upcoming future.

My main rig as of now.

>E5200
>2GB DDR2 RAM
>R7 240 2GB
>ASUS P5QL PRO motherboard
>AVerMedia AVerTV M733A
>2x LG DVD-RW drives
>Allied AL-A400ATX 400W PSU
>Delux MG760 case
>Samsung HD103SI 1TB 5400RPM

Planning to:
>upgrade the CPU to a Xeon 5450
>replace the current HSF (an big as hell Acer HSF) with a Schyte Katana 4
>salvage more DDR2 RAM

I also have an E5300 machine I got for cheap - I'll buy another 1GB stick for it and then the remaining two 1GB sticks (from the E5300 and another one from an AM2-based Sempron) will go in my main PC, making a total of 4GB RAM.

Why's the cpu fan pointing up?

Not enough horizontal clearance with the Fury X radiator on the rear exhaust. Even with it vertical there's only a little bit of space, I broke the metal fan clip trying to force my fingers in the space to hook the clip on the cpu tower.

What cooler?

Noctua NH-D14, I just replaced the default fans with a black one.

10/10 i was gonna post guts but you beat me to it

>ignite
>blast
i hope you have insurance

what case?

AMD

Gee Bill, how come your motherboard lets you have two CPUs?

E5645s, cinebench R15 score of 1159

better cables since then

lmao two cpus btfo by one ryzen cepeeu

Looks nice except for one of the heatsinks/fans being backwards.
Unless the rear fan is an intake, then nvm.

Well, time marches on, and I paid $60 for my CPUs instead of 450 so whateva my guy

It's an intake

Cooler Master N200

>brown shit fans
>psu with a fucking gay butterfly on it
>those exposed motherboard cables
>fucking transparent connectors on the modular cables
kys

pretty nice case

would be amazing if they updated it to support 2/3x 140mm intake fans though, and removed the CD rom and floppy trays to make room for that

plus a filter there of course

>That dangling 8 pin connector is pissing me off though

so unplug it

it's not part of the card its a connector that is plugged in
I can see the clip on the bottom in the pic
just pull it out

show yours

see

did they steal this sword from final fantasy?

That's a Silverstone FT03

shiiiet, i sold my rx480 for 330€ and bought a 980ti waterforce for 300€. Am i smart?

It's mATX not ITX.
There is an mITX version of it, but it doesn't fit very big GPUs and the mATX one has really nice airflow for such a small case.

And if you want one.. it seems they stopped making them and there's only a few left to buy at least for the mATX version.

But like I said not perfect. It has provisions for 3 3.5" HDDs. I don't use those anymore. I use SSDs or 2" laptop HDDs.
It also uses a full ATX PSU. I'm switching it out for a SFX one because there is space for interesting cable management with a small one... but still.
It's like 18-19liters but it could have the same space for parts at like 15 liters if it didn't have the 3 3.5" mounts and if it used an SFX PSU.

I'm getting an itch to want to design cases... I wonder how much it costs to make a prototype.