Apple's Homepod

Will you buy one, Sup Forums? It's the only private home assistant....

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Amazon-Echo-Bluetooth-Speaker-with-WiFi-Alexa/dp/B00X4WHP5E
apple.com/homepod/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

rakesh pajeet

looks like a dust magnet.

also, siri is garbage

it looks pretty impressive on the inside. google and amazon ones look cheaply made.

its a verry good 1~!

Its hardware is definetly better performance and its better built than the competition. Although, siri sucks and wouldnt integrate with any of my devices (i feel like apple will make this propietary with their new home app) and even though its better built its over 3 times the price of google home and nearly twice the price of amazon echo. So no i wont be buying one.

>""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""private""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Looks like some kinda probe that would be sent into a gas giant's atmosphere or something

this is the weakest shilling I've read on Sup Forums
>muh looks good inside
what the fuck is that even mean? what fucking normie would ever need to look inside this?
You need to get fucked and your families cleansed, cannot believe such turds are allowed to live and breathe on this world
And this crap is worse than the Amazon or the Google one, because Siri is a piece of shit software and is not fed with near as much data as the ones by the other two.
Kindly fuck you

I'm assuming it'll be as shitty as the Apple TV, so no.

I didn't say it looked good you retard

Why is every fucking tech company making these stupid gimmick boxes? Why the hell do they think it's sensible to make them cost more than the price of a raspberry pi? It's like a shitty smartphone without a screen that you can't take with you.

"durr u can buy shit with it and all u hav 2 do is talk ur desires"
I can do that with my fucking phone already. Do I really want to pay money for something just to keep me from having to put shit down and whip out my phone?

Stuff it in Uranus, bb. ;^))))

Fuck off Rakesh.

Im not the original poster. However thats incredibly fukcing ignorant. "your looking at the specification and the build quality fuck you, you stupid normie cunt" ~ stupid fucker on Sup Forums who disregards a product just because of the brand.

Already preordered mine, cant wait :D

>Always On Microphone
>AI that can tell what words I'm saying so it knows when I say "Okay Google"

You and your bank account would probably be better served by an amazon echo, but hey you do you!

It's got quality speakers

>only looking at the sticker price
>ignoring the hidden cost from alexa mindgaming you into buying useless shit

Oh youre one of them tin foil hat conspiracists. Tell me how does alexa telling me the weather trick me into buying a new gtx 1080 of amazon.

how is foobar a botnet?

I love apple products, much better than lagdroid.

Gr8 b8 m8

alexa listens to you talking to your friend about how awesome the new gtx1080 is
amazon purchases adspace from google, most websites you visit show you gtx1080s on offer at amazon -> you click on one and buy it
or you mention a gtx1080 while talking to alexa it asks you "do you want to purchase this item on amazon" you just say yes because whatever you where going to buy it anyways so might as well save some time

it obviously isn't that simple in reality, but a game of numbers and probabilities, if 100mio people use their service and spend each $1000/month they only need to influence 0.1% of purchase decisions to make over a billion more every year

private my fucking cock

>he doesn't know that Apple lags their own phones when new ones come out

>sucking advertisement megacorp cock to be a contrarian
kill yourself hipster

1/3 the size yet has 10x better sound quality.

>Calling someone a hipster
>Apple
>Hypocrisy

I'll buy a home assistant when there is one who doesn't have to phone home for speech recognition.

>"Hey siri, play the webradio from this particular URL"
>"herfherp you need apple music its free (for 2 months)"

How accurate is this?

Homepod has a 4" woofer. Nothin that size comes close.

Post the price and then tell me why it's better over google home.

This.

Also, when they have tits and robo legs

>It's the only private home assistant
Apple was beaten to the punch years ago. Just because Apple now has one doesn't mean they're the first.
amazon.com/Amazon-Echo-Bluetooth-Speaker-with-WiFi-Alexa/dp/B00X4WHP5E

>It's the only private home assistant....

As in targeted ads. I have no problem with targeted ads. Ive never bought something from one. I make my own decisions about wether i need something or not.

>we want to sell a $350 BT speaker
>but we need to add pointless crap to justify the price somehow

>Apple's Homepod

Notice how in the SJW ad for the home pod a whie woman is getting BLACKED

apple.com/homepod/

>amazon.com/Amazon-Echo-Bluetooth-Speaker-with-WiFi-Alexa/dp/B00X4WHP5E
Tell me you aren't serious.
Google may once have heard the word "privacy" when playing some word game. Biy ot doesn't feature in their business.

>Apple lags their own phones
>5 year old phones still working fine
>all androids that age except for nexus require RiceageOS-4.1-xXx_BraHmAPutRa_xXx-Ice Bean Lolibread-e1337 Edition to be usable at all

I'm honestly hungry to waste some money on a new tech toy, but these things are beyond my understanding. They literally try to solve non-existant problems.

Sometimes I wonder how much the out-of-touch marketing departments who come up with these products get paid. Probably vast sums of money for designing and pushing products like smart watches, 3D TV and now these ugly data-mining living room monoliths which are obviously never going to catch on.

>prime goal of a business is making practically useful products and not generating profits
lmaoing @ you. marketing people deserve every cent they get.

>muh botnet
not the point. Apple lied saying they were the first.
Companies lie all the time.
Hyundai got in trouble a few years ago when they lied about the Elantra's fuel economy.
And they lied saying the Veloster was the first 3 door coupe (like the Saturn SC2 never existed 15 years prior)

It doesn't sound like shit( I am serious it's above sonos sound quality from the first reviews).
We still don't know much about the software. I seriously hope for a great integration with tablet/phones because I hate AI asistants.

If they lie you can sue them.
>Profit

no one really has the time or budget to do that. Suing them over that is a long drawn out process, and you have to prove that their lies negatively impacted you in some way.
Why the fuck do you think John Hennessey or Donald Trump aren't in jail on multiple counts of fraud?

They are way cheaper though. I rather spend that money on a good non-meme sound system.

>never going to catch on

Are you high? The Echo sold like fucking crazy. Why do you think everyone started imitating it? When the price of the Echo drops by $30, they immediately go on back-order for *months*.

it's probably just for brand recognition

It's a speaker with a mic and a processor connected to the internet
Every other assistant doesn't show the internals because you never need to see them

>a speaker is just a speaker and they are all equal

>no offline mode
trash

Personally, that just made me assume Rick Wilson does it himself, how else would one come up with such an accusation?

How is tixaxti a botnet?

>tinder, grindr, hornet
>2 specific apps for homosexual hookups
>1 for both
Confirmed faggot who made the bingo. Disregard it

I wont be getting one, and Im not a huge apple fan for reasons, but those reasons aren't build quality. Having something look nice and reasonably well thought out internally shows an attention to detail and speaks to the quality of craftsmanship/engineering throughout. Usually cheap chink shit looks like cheap chink shit on the inside.

Either way though idk why the fuck anyone would get that

Then hook it up to another speaker via bluetooth or chromecast. Not a very great argument you have here.

that piece of shit looks way too small to put out any decent sound
only a fool would buy it

This is the main issue. There are only like 6 products right now that are compatible with apple homekit.

Yes, but can it routinely broadcast soothing reminders that Big Brother loves and is watching me?

>5 year old phones still working fine
No, they don't, try using one. Everyone on an iPhone 5/5s I know complain about lag. I convinced a couple to buy a Redmi 4 Prime when I told them my phone lasted 3 days easily.

What do you even do with this ? It's completelly useless.

If you want to play music, just get a sonos.

>Everyone on an iPhone 5/5s I know complain about lag.
If they didn't you'd say the new phones are no faster. The newer versions of iOS have more functonality. They need more grunt. If you want speed on old hardware use a back-level OS.

APPLE WON

this
I wish the mods would delete these threads but then again I'm pretty sure Sup Forums's current management works with advertising companies already
I just hope they get paid well

get an actual sound system

I'll order one as soon as they're available. Always wanted one of these things.

Amazon Echo always scared me since they give data to courts.

Why not use an ordinary bluetooth speaker hooked to your phone?

I guess the ifag crowd just have to keep spending.

Why is Telegram botnet?

>4" woofer
>gets its ass kicked by a 2.5" Sony woofer
Apple being shit as usual.

That's one monstrous dildo

Not possible. Learn HS physics again.

Why would I let this botnet into my home? Fuck Apple.

can you use it without any other apple devices?

can I buy it, plonk it on my desk and ask it questions?

what even is the purpose of this shit?

>DuckDuckGo
>VPN
>NoScript
>Brave
Are you just pretending?

Stupid shit like this makes genuine botnet accusations look small.
The next time there's a huge botnet scandal, no one will care because of how often that stupid fucking word is used around here.

I'm not sure I get it really, its just a bluetooth speaker. Theres a million of those already.

At least the alexa and google had an AI assistant in theirs, this is just a bluetooth speaker. A good one, maybe, but theres plenty of good ones

"private" home assistant... Interesting thing to call something made in the image of a rectum.

Of course they present the product being used by an interracial couple :^) You Fucking Cucks!

>using the smiley with a carat nose

This.
But also I kinda understand apple. I mean the software is there, the case is probably canibalized from all the Mac pros in stock since absolutely no sane person would buy one now after the iMac pro got announced. So yeah, why not?