Convince me why dwm isn't the perfect window manager?

Convince me why dwm isn't the perfect window manager?

Congrats on being the only person on Sup Forums with a 3D waifu wallpaper

You use it.

you have to recompile it every time you change the config.

It's no better than awesome or i3 at all. Awesome and i3 are more featureful with no compromises anywhere else compared to dwm. Unless you are using a computer from 20 years ago that isn't fast enough for them.

How is that a con?

Because you can't install it on Windows

because it hasnt gotten you laid

it's not a con. it just has no redeeming features compared to anything else out there.

Haven't tried it yet. Do you have anything to compare it to? How have you liked it compared to, say, using i3 on a daily basis?

>you have to recompile it every time you change the config.
Yes. And the author of dwm makes a good argument for that choice. The authors of Gnome make all sorts of choices I disagree with, and almost never make an argument for the choices they made. Worse, they have a history of shouting down users requesting things that disagree with their choices. Also, the code for all the suckless tools is so clean, that adding a feature like, "read settings from a config file", would be trivial tack on. It wouldn't be nice and clean and handle all the edge cases, but you could slap one good enough for your own uses in an afternoon.

you must be new

it is perfect, if you have autism.

>1366x768
laughed fucking hard. my screen has 8x as many pixels as yours.

It is the perfect window manager though user!

Dwm is already reading from a config file

A literal header file where you can change variables and stuff

fix your fonts

wchar_t a = 1;
while(a ++ < 256)
wprintf((a < 255)?"%c ":"%c \n",a);

Why does not this print all the unicode characters? I am confused. Is my X kill?

It does have trouble with fullscreen with firefox (just have to turn bar off) and games (windowed mode instead) but apart from that it's fine by me

is dwm better than i3 or bspwm?

Xmonad exists

twm is all you need

it's a tiling window manager.

Wait what? urxvt supports sixel graphics? Or is that something else going on?

i have w3m-img to make it work with urxvt. i used to use st but urxvt worked better with w3m-img than st. some terminals may vary in this but urxvt is known to work well/supported with it

Fucking virgin loser.

Because you know nothing fag user

what font is that

Tamsyn

You know nothing jon snow.

Please notice that dwm is currently customized through editing its source
code, so you probably want to build your own dwm packages. This package is
compiled with the default configuration and should just give you an idea
about what dwm brings to your desktop.
Meh, can't be bothered. cinnamon already tiles and snaps windows, and I've already tried xmonad, i3, awesome, and bunch of lightweight stacking wms too.

I already know that fag, I did apply some patches to dwm source code.

You know nothing of window managers OP.

oh my god shes beautiful