What's the best programming language and why is it python?

What's the best programming language and why is it python?

>What's the best programming language

C++

>why is it python?

It isn't.

Well... it depends what you are programming. Never Java though

>postulating an initial open ended question then changing the question to one that seeks validation for your own opinionated answer to the initial question disregarding that the initial question is open ended and has no definitive correct answer

>best language is C++
>can't even do any web development

slash
fucking
thread

>why is it python
Because you have holes in your brain

The best programming language depends on what it is you're trying to do.

Python is good for science.

C/C++ is good for systems programming

Java/JavaScript is used for server/client webdev

Swift/Android is used for mobile development

Or, you could just be a hipster and use Rust for everything.

Lisp, Perl, or Pascal just for the pretentious, 1980s bearded silicon valley hipster credibility

British English and the language of mathematics.

>Swift/Android
you mean Swift/Java, Android runs Java because poojeets in google programmed it for an indian/3rd world target audience

math is not a programming language unless you believe reality is a simulation, which I guess it could actually be

if it is possible to simulate reality, it is infinitely close to 100% probable that our own reality is itself a simulation

Not always. Lisp is the language of SICP. I'm in my thirties, I know people who had to use Pascal in a university because of the old teachers who use Pascal as a toy language. Lot of old-school sysadmins use Perl, nowadays it's replaced by Python.

Elon Musk himself believes it's highly likely so who am I to argue with that I suppose.

java

Math is more than that. A programming language is a syntactic sugar for the typed lambda calculus, set theory, propositional logic, relational algebra, etc.

It's the best language for brainlets.

>I know people who had to use Pascal in a university because of the old teachers who use Pascal as a toy language. Lot of old-school sysadmins use Perl

You just proved his point

spotted the poo

What's so bad about Python?

How many of them your mom takes in a night

I never heard from them that they considered those languages the best or a some cool retro thing.

looks like summer vacation has begun

good thing your mom's bedroom is a year round destination

that doesn't even make any sense

C++. How is this even a question in the first place?

/thread
C++ still sucks, but we have nothing better

Cobol. Duh

Agda

Lua

Ruby

WT, CppCMS, TBTNet, CSP, Snap, FFead, TreeFrog, Poco, Silicon, Proxygen
End youself, fucking illiterate faggot

C++ doesn't suck and C# and Rust are good languages too
I love Python, but I only use it when it's a reasonable choice (for example, I'm doing stuff with Selenium and Python at work)

user is not a faggot.