AMD BTFO: 10 core Skylake-X i9 7900X 4.8GHz OC without delid

youtube.com/watch?v=kpoies2JcmI

PAJEETS ON SUICIDE WATCH

THANK YOU BASED INTEL

Other urls found in this thread:

hardocp.com/news/2017/06/05/intel_core_i9_skylake_e_clocks_no_higher_than_broadwell/
youtube.com/watch?v=QvVr1El_q78
youtu.be/vyKgT5QUU2Q?t=4003
pcgamer.com/meet-the-overclocker-who-made-delidding-your-cpu-idiot-proof/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

LMAO

>308W
Netburst 2.0

A weapon to defeat 9590.

Stop circlejerking buy the best processor suited for you

Gee, I wonder why he didn't run any benchmarks?

Oh. That's why.

>inb4 hundreds of people try to replicate this but lose the silicon lottery and end up with a delidded disappointment

I wanna watch the world burn and dance in its ashes.
What CPU should I buy?

NOOOOOOOOOOOO

7980XE and overclock it to 4ghz.

i9 7900X

> requires massive overclock to be relevant.
> DDR4-2666
> 140W

Kek Intel are in panic mode and still offering fuck all to top Ryzen, Threadripper, or Epyc.

$2000

95°C. On AIO.
Totally 24/7 reliable overclock.

lol hardocp.com/news/2017/06/05/intel_core_i9_skylake_e_clocks_no_higher_than_broadwell/

>Intel bulldozer

On a golden sample cherry picked to give to reviewers. And then delidded.

>88°-90°C
>after delidding
>on a 280mm rad
>admits that it's a pretested golden sample

Ryzen seems pretty nice.
But if you're under a tight budget Sandy Bridge i5/i7s seem good. But I can't speak for much as I'm on Kentsfield

Literally worse than 9590.

I wonder how well 18c part will OC.

inb4 2000W PSUs.

>mfw Intel inherit AMD old housefire meme

But it's Intel (and then novideo) that produced the original housefires™.

LONGER BIPELINE
>LONGER BIPELINE
LONGER BIPELINE
>LONGER BIPELINE

Absolutely EBIN my friend.
MORE BINGBUS
>MORE BINGBUS
MORE BINGBUS
>MORE BINGBUS

About as well as an orange does.

MOAR COARZ
MOAR GIGAHURTZ

Yeah, I remember the FX5800.
youtube.com/watch?v=QvVr1El_q78

DELID THIS

I wonder if nVidia will produce the third set of housefires™ to fight off Navi.

lol comments are still full of talking shit about Intel. I don't think this "OMG LOOK AT THE UNREALISTIC OC" shit is working anymore.

Even kids that've never seen NetBurst don't want NetBurst 2.0, user.

This is the trouble.
Millenials who were barely able to comprehend how to turn a computer on are now old enough to be learning about this site.
None of them know of the dark ages.
>Though how they could be that dark with housefires burning into the night thanks to Fermi and Netburst is a mystery

I wouldn't put it past AMD to fuck up nvidia with Vega yet, though.
Even if you picture it as an overclocked Fury, It should still score between 1080 and 1080Ti.
I think them, not showing FPS on Prey demo may have been deliberate.
We'll see. At the end of the day, price is the decider.

>tfw still on presshot
My PC's side panel is off because of this volcano. Summer is suffering.

nVidia can fight off Vega with bigger dies. If Navi will bring MCMed GPUs nVidia will not be able to EVER slap more silicon than AMD.

>Sup Forums is finally redpilled about intel

what a time to be alive

Screentearing in 4k means one of two possibilities;
>150fps and no vsync

>underdeveloped drivers
AMD have a well established history of somehow being able to fuck up every product launch they do.
If they get the drivers sorted for release, and give us something solid and stable, it'll be a very good launch. Assuming Lisa doesn't pick up the T-shirt cannon again.

Without knowing the limitations of Infinity Fabric it's hard to say what AMD can do with it.
They're doing well to keep the hatches closed and stop anything getting out about it beyond that it can fuck shit up for days.
A high latency interconnect may not play too well in a GPU.
But, if AMD are to implement IF with their SSG idea, then it should provide a very tasty workstation solution.

>tfw really want a 256GB SSG for solid works
>AMD only make it in 1TB

Why do I see this republic of gamers bullshit everywhere. Fucking asus chinks spreading their stupid gaymer bullshit everywhere. I hope china nukes taiwan, fucking chinks.

That's the sad truth, really.
Even back when 4870 and following 5870 were kicking nvidia's ass at half the transistor count, they didn't sell.
They were fucking cheaper too.
AMD has no reach to normies.

That presentation was beyond retarded and Raja should probably gas whoever was responsible for it.
>showing crossfire RX Vega on 60hz projector with no freesync
The fuck.
Are SSGs good? I have no idea about prosumer cards.

>Fermi outsold Evergreen
I still wonder why the fuck would anyone buy these housefires instead of fucking 5850.

>Are SSGs good? I have no idea about prosumer cards.
The idea behind it, yes. Having a huge, high speed storage media right there on the GPU so it doesn't have to pass via CPU and PCIe before it's available makes it super easy to work with large file sizes. At their presentation on it, they ran 8k with realtime cleanup at 96fps. Whereas the nVidia quadro they were comparing it to was barely pulling 15fps.

youtu.be/vyKgT5QUU2Q?t=4003

Being able to have those files open, and so easily accessible by the GPU makes a massive difference to your workflow.

Maybe this time, the good publicity from Ryzen will help their brand.
They'd better not fuck it up though.

Neat.

If AMD can recapture a good number of OEMs who are held in high public opinion, like ASUS, then normies start to get a grasp of the situation.
What needs to happen though, is AMD need to be able to deliver comparable battery life to low power, high performance intel mobile solutions and comparable performance. The difference being, AMD have such massive potential to put a hugely powerful iGPU in there and make all the difference.

Considering how many people are crying about Vega (they'll never buy it anyway), I don't think Ryzen would help. Nvidia mindshare too stronk.
RR will have more perf with the same battery life. And AMD iGPU is ages ahead of Intel.

>amd btfo
>10 core overclocked without AVX instructions
Bulldozer 2.0. Useless.

>RR will have more perf with the same battery life. And AMD iGPU is ages ahead of Intel.
Yes, in theory RR will utterly smash it.
But OEMs have a good history of completely fucking it up and jewing out on the chassis they put AMD chips in. No real cooling solutions or engineering gone into it.
AMD need to maintain a dominant position and keep control of what happens with their products.

Ryzen APUs should be fucking awesome though.
Undervolting Ryzen chips show about [email protected] for most chips.

RR targets "premium mobile" market first. Anyway, we'll see. The true shoah begins on 20th of June.

I don't think anything AMD does will help capture the mainstream market at this point. I have an all AMD system and got a r7 1700 in March. I was trying to tell some coworkers about it and they specifically said they don't care how good AMD ever is they'll never buy it because 10 years ago they did and had nothing but problems. It might be too late for those people.

I'd love to see AMD just open up and just name drop companies that have preordered a significant number of EBYN chips. Just to fuck shit up.

That'll happen in 20th of June, along with OEM rack designs.

Agreed.
And btw, a chink CEO, and indian Graphics department handle don't really scream confidence, even if their competence is real.
It just feeds the 'poo in loo' banter.
It's sad, but that's what it is.

And with recent developments from Intel, all the ME bullshit going public, public opinion of Intel around here isn't too high right now.
People have to figure out for themselves that one is better than the other. You can tell someone anything, but until they actually sit down and start to use it, to feel the benefits, they'll never accept it.
This obviously doesn't apply to the server space and workstation markets.

How's nVidia's chink CEO is better?

>One of the biggest names in semi conductor research, development, and engineering as CEO of a semiconductor CPU company
>Not confidence inspiring
Lisa Su has done massive things for AMD since being there. Opened up so much more of the market.
Rory Reed fucked it all up mayng

>Indian GPU lead
He has a masters in EE, that's no easy feet to achieve.
He has an established history of development lead at ATI.
Worked in apple as GPU engineer for some years before returning to AMD.
while he may be a shitskin indian, he is most certainly qualified. Which is more than can be said for 80% of Intel's employees lately.

Btw Sup Forums, I don't really feel like starting a thread about it, but here's the situation:
I've got 170€ worth from returning ram that didn't work with my motherboard/ryzen.
What the fuck do I do with it?
I had to purchase actual ram from another site, because these fucks didn't have anything samsung b-die.
I already have crossfire rx480s, oculus rift, force-feedback wheel and joystick. Also a 4k freesync monitor and 10TB of storage.
I have just no idea, what to do.

Leather jacket

Well...buy RAM that will work obviously.

Pork shoulders.

most chips are sold through OEMs anyway
it's not like normies are going to care about cpu/gpu brand

That's the thing, I can't.
It's like they deliberatively single out models that will work with Ryzen, ((for some reason))

>people born after pentium 2 shitposting about netburst

The original Nvidia housefire and the original Intel housefire were a match made in heaven.

Netburst was fine.
Sure it ran hot, but it did hyper-threading and shit, before dual cores appeared.
I owed one, and it was bliss how the system didn't just hang on fucking background tasks.

>pentium 2 was released in 1997
>20 years ago
shit I feel old now

Lmao Intel fags are turning Skylake into the next Bulldozer.

>Just overclock it moar :-DDDD

>next bulldozer
user Intel invented housefires.

>Having to put a fan on your CPU
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

this, majority of normies i met don't even know what OS they are on let alone the chips inside. It's like buying a car and not knowing what engine it uses, it makes me reeeeee so much on the inside.

>he's born after P5
Fucking kids get out

No, it was a match made in hell.

Alpha tribal nvidia tatoo

Who here used to Cyrix?
My god were they ripping off their customers.
Good thing they're gone.

1.7% yields.

I had a friend in Australia who had both. No idea how it didn't start a bushfire.

>he didn't spend years studying metabolic pathways and atp signaling chains before starting to eat food
get out normie

No these guys don't give a shit how it runs they just refuse to ever buy AMD cause of past experiences.

I have never had the problems they talked about other than knowing it did not perform at the same level as Intel when I bought it but I bought it because it was cheaper and got the job done. Now I can afford to get either and I still chose an r7 because I need to be able to run my VMs and game a bit.

kek

Well at least, we know X299 boards can handle enough power for 18 cores@3Ghz.
At least enough to take a screenshot.

Have a friend who is talking about this vid like it's the next coming of Jesus buttfucking Christ. What do I tell him to carefully explain how much a huge faggot he is without flat out telling him he's a dumb Intel fanboy?

BTW OP description is wrong, he does delid it in the video, you can even see it with the lid off.

>2x8-pin CPU power connectors
Of fucking course it'll have enough power. But it's as hot as the sun. 95C on 280mm AIO.

lmao so this guy is just a hardcore Intel shill now?

He's the same guy that desperately defends jewish shit TIM.

hes not an intel shill per se he just sells the fucking delidding kit so of course he's going to pretend it's not shit

Remember goys, delidding your CPU is now idiot-proof! So delid away! What could possibly go wrong!

pcgamer.com/meet-the-overclocker-who-made-delidding-your-cpu-idiot-proof/

Connectors are a thing.
Board wiring, manufacturing and VRMs to handle power lines like that are another.
It's such a clusterfuck of power and data lines near the CPU, it gives every electronics student a nightmare thinking about it.

What the fuck.

>pcgamer.com/meet-the-overclocker-who-made-delidding-your-cpu-idiot-proof/
Voiding your warranty is now idiot proof.
Not that intel's warranty was worth anything to begin with.
When my P4-E 3ghz died for no reason, I tried contacting them.
I couldn't make out 1 in 10 words the fucking indian fuck responding to me was saying.
Decided I'd better take my loss and went A64.

his job is selling delid tools and delidded, pretested CPUs for huge markups.
He would defend Intel even his sister got gangraped by the Intel board of directors.

>PLS BUY INTEL FACE

>someone's selling delidded Intel CPUs for huge margins
Motherfucking god someone stop Intel pls I'm dying of laughter.