Hey Sup Forums whats stopping you from switching from Android phone to iPhone? (Or visa versa)

Hey Sup Forums whats stopping you from switching from Android phone to iPhone? (Or visa versa)
For me its:
>Need to pay to play youtube in the background
>No proper Sup Forums app
>No headphone jack
I do like the syncing feature though.

Other urls found in this thread:

hongkongfp.com/2017/06/08/china-uncovers-massive-underground-network-apple-employees-selling-customers-personal-data/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm straight.

IOS

>Buy Android phone
>$
>Does everything I want

>Buy Apple phone
>$$$$$$$$$$$$$
>Ditto

Hmm...

Let's run down the list

Android phones let you:
>have real encryption with no backdoors
>download over 100MB over mobile data
>install a third party app launcher and icons
>use it as a flash drive
>share any kind of file over wifi/bluetooth
>torrent via torrent clients in the playstore
>install apps outside the playstore
>modify a few system settings to increase performance and decrease battery drain
>manually control complex camera functions via third party apps
>natively browse files
>view better colors via amoled displays
>browse Sup Forums and natively open webms inside them via third party apps
>extract/browse archives
>add additional phone storage via a micro SD card
>replace the stock battery with a bigger one
>add widgets to your home screen
>access important functions by swiping down

ALL WITHOUT HAVING TO HACK YOUR PHONE

This is coming from an ex-iphone user. After you go android, it's hard to go back to a toddler phone.

those things can be rebuttled easily.
>use youtube’s website to play videos in the background
>the chan is a 2ch and Sup Forums app
>bluetooth headphones and not having to care about any cables at all is pretty comfy

iOS.

>amoled display
>sd card slot
>replaceable battery
tell me which android phone has these?

>ios is shit
>the only thing good in an iphone is the cpu
>only 3 models to choose from
>expensive as fuck

Pratically everyone nowadays

if he means android the only new phone who has all of that is the galaxy J7

My Note 4. Shame samshit doesn't make phones with removable batteries anymore. After removing their bloatware and installing Nova, their phone's aren't so bad.

Which iPhone has even one of those?

Basically iOS, but now also the jack. And the battery is meh, no matter how good the OS is "optimized" 4g is always going to rape small batteries.

>tfw manlet
i mean im 6 burger units tall but my current 5 inch phone already feels too uncomfortable in my hand

Galaxy S5 has a AMOLED display, MicroSD slot, removable battery and on top of all that it's waterproof too

Thanks for the info. How reliable is the youtube website background thing? Does it crash often?

I'm just no gay enough

>encryption
>torrent
What the fuck? It's a goddamn phone. Why are you trying to turn it into a portable extension of your autistic desktop?

jordan is a fag

>(Or visa versa)
Are you retarded or just an apple shill?
This thread makes no sense.

water-resistant**

>using a smartphone at all

Shouldn’t crash ever. Just use Safari. Once you started a video on the website, go out of full screen or close the app, then if you press play (either on any physical controller or via the control center) it should continue where left off.

For me, it's the fact that none of the apps are optimized for Android phones. Watching my fagdroid friends use any of their apps is hilarious, they lag like crazy, and these are on supposedly high-end phones.

An iPhone 5 has less lag than high-end Android phones for most apps.

I enjoy streaming thousand of tv shows and movies for $0 in bed on my phone.

you have to hold it different you tart
you can't hold a basketball and a brick the same way

dont wanna look like a faggot

But it does have an iOS app.

you're better off acting like one on an anime image board

>can't change launcher
>headphone jack
>shit audio codecs
>no type C
>no quick charge
>short battery life
>itunes reliance
>no root filesystem access without jailbreak
>most of the apps I use on a daily basis have no equivalent on ios

>Shouldn’t crash ever
That statement doesn't mean anything. No software is designed to crash.

that looks like garbage

I just mean it rarely happens especially in this usecase since it’s a web browser. Safari is pretty stable.

just like your dick

rude

After three android phones, I consider going back to iPhone. The only thing that kinda holds me back is the low screen-to-body ratio. The iPhone 7 has a too small screen, but the 7 Plus is too large a phone for its screen. I have never held a 7 Plus in my hands so my opinion may not count.

It looks identical to Clover, what the fuck are you on about?

which app?

MicroSD (non-negotiable)
Removable battery (also non-negotiable)
Headphone jack (I don't wear ass-hugging skinny jeans so an extra millimeter of thickness isn't an issue)

Also, I don't like iOS. I don't get this narrative a lot of iPhone shills on this board have that Android users are knowingly compromising on their ROM choice. I've tried iOS. I didn't care for it. It wasn't awful - just nothing special. I noticed a few things here and there that were nice, but nothing good enough to make me think, "I gotta get this."

>apple
>beautiful UI
>every single shit is paid app

>android
>UI is ok
>most app is ugly shit but it just work

Upgraded from iPhone 5 to Google pixel a few months ago, you couldn't be more wrong.

Also one more point against iOS:

The aesthetics of the ROM were fucking awful to me. It was one step below those ultra-pajeet touchwizz ROMs for Samsung phones where everything is glossy metal and neon colors, the kind of shit a middle-schooler would make. I don't know how much of that is customizable but, for a default, it was gross.

The Chan

the main reason I'm still using an iPhone is because continuity is great and the thing is pretty straight forward. also the last time I switched the android keyboard was awful (that was back in the S3 days though)

I've got an ipad and the total inability to sideload non-approved applications at my own risk to do tasks that no unpaid app does is a big no for me.

As someone who's used both that app and Clover, it doesn't just look garbage, it IS garbage

You ever see that image with the caption that reads "It doesn't matter how many resources you have if you don't know how to use them", with the guy standing on a fuckload of ladders to peer over a wall?

Why does an android device need twice the battery size to get similar life as an iPhone? Why does it need 4-6GB of RAM?

Android is "smooth" nowadays because mobile processors got performance and RAM cheap. But at the end of the day Android still runs within a JVM and has shit efficiency. Ever fucking update Google is announcing another "Project" to solve the performance issues and nothing changes.

How many times are they going to change their runtime? We went from Dalvik to ART, ditching the JIT meme and now suddenly we're back to JIT. Google knows Android runs like shit and that's why Fuchsia is written in a not-shit language.

There's no such thing as "the android keyboard"

well, then whatever shit the S3 used back then

>The aesthetics of the ROM were fucking awful to me
Stop talking shit out of your ass, no ROM for the past 2 years differed from AOSP in design, not even in the colors.

I've tried all Sup Forums apps. Now I have shortcut to Sup Forums.org on home screen.

I was saying iOS looks awful.

AOSP isn't anything special but it's still better.

Samsung galaxy s5

Cause i have a samsung galaxy s7 edge and it shits all over a shitty iphone, im pretty sure theyre made specifically for tech illiterate people and dumb women.

This.

Why all these homosexuals have to show off? Allright, you're gay, we get it, don't rub it to our face...
The amount of gay people on Sup Forums is just ridiculous... Sup Forums just might stand for gay...

I mean my battery lasts all day on pixel easily, while with iPhone 5 my phone's battery would be dead by noon.

Al I know is my pixel runs smooth as fuck, I don't know about other Android devices.

B-but Dart is shit.

>Why does an android device need twice the battery size to get similar life as an iPhone?
Because the regular size iPhones have tiny 4.7" 750p displays, whereas most android flagships have much larger 1440p displays.

The iPhones that do have a comparable size displays to your average android flagship, ie. iPhone 6+/6S+/7+, all have ~2900mah batteries. And they're still only 1080p.

Galaxy j3

I'll switch when Android gets iMessage

iphone is good if you want a phone. However I like my phone to be a mobile computer. iphone has no features that I'm interested in and you can't add anything more.

It's just like in real life - a very loud, annoying minority that feels a need to be over-represented in everything and use their illness as a perk. However, much like in real life: the majority is getting tired.

Cost. I would love to be in on the iPhone 8, but I just can't justify it at the price they've dropped when I have a Note 5 that's still holding up pretty good. I would trade it in a second if I could though. Totally done with Android though, it keeps getting worse and worse.

>No Sup Forums app
>NO WEBMS
>ITunes
>no SD card
>no customization
>no headphone jack is huge

The OS is really a boring piece of shit. My first smart phone was a 3s and I was bored with it in a month. I'm pretty fucking fed up with Google at the moment and it's time for a new phone and I'm considering an iPhone but the more I actually think about the more I realize it's only good in theory. The actual product isn't as good as the hype and community make it out to be.

>thinks Samshit or Touchjizz is representative of Android in any way

I've either had or used every Nexus phone released. Google is an irredeemably garbage company at this point and I'm totally done with them.

Ios 11 changes some of that, file manager + customization. The other shit would be nice though

I'm using an SE because I like small phones. If I could get a decent, small android phone I would.

I stopped caring about ricing a while back, so so far the transition hasn't been very remarkable one way or the other.

"The Chan" is a pretty good Sup Forums app. Using it now.

Mostly that AT&T doesn't stock Xperia and I know I'll spend a lot of time getting my UX just right.

I like my phones compact. SE was really cheap.

this. getting a SMS text from an Android user just feels like I'm talking to a third-worlder.

Stop shilling your literal spyware.

I'm not a blue ball cuck.

statistically speaking, you probably are.

needs catalog mode; trying to browse without that is too laborious

>Sup Forums app

kys

I'm contractually obligated by my provider to be with an iPhone for two more years

iToddlers in a nutshell

Do they only sell them that way? I bought my Pixel with no need for a contract lol, just paid money received phone.

Why is Apple so complicated?

I signed when I turned 18 for a four year to get upgrades every two years
Big mistake, only signed because we have to use IPhones for work so I thought it would be convinient, also got major cash off my unlimited data plan

stopping me from switching to iphones

>major things
too expensive (could ((((((afford))) one, but I'm not spending $600+ on a phone)
bad battery life (I have a 6000mah phone, (k6000 pro))
no headphone jack

>minor things
large bezels
no sd card
no micro usb

The galaxy s8 is the best phone ive ever had
OS is sexy and easy to use

the facebook reacts don't move on android

>have real encryption with no backdoors
0/10

enjoy your cracked screen

hongkongfp.com/2017/06/08/china-uncovers-massive-underground-network-apple-employees-selling-customers-personal-data/

uhhhhhhhhh

I'll be switching from my Nexus 6 to an iphone 7 this year. Fuck android. Fuck it hard.

iphones have always and will always be trash

passport fag here
>keyboard
>best aspect ratio
>price of the keyone
I'd switch over to the keyone if I could

mainly samsungs like the S5 and note 4

maybe he just wants a regular thread instead of a shill thread

yes. I dont own a tablet. and sometimes laptops are just too big

>both that app
>doesnt say name
?

literally touchjizz keyboard with samsungs patented extra lag TM

>no arguments against my point
I dont know why you wouldnt say its name while comparing them. it just sounds like suspicious

I don't use either

Because the app is in the OP? And the name was already mentioned just a few posts before mine?