They still don't have a retina display

>they still don't have a retina display
why? They're cheap now

>Retina display
Gross, poorfag shit. Why don't you have a 4K or higher display, OP?

this is a blue board

What resolution/DPI are retina screens?

WQHD and 4K are pretty normal in laptops now so Retina is pretty much meh.

I fucking saw "Brith of Venus" in 1st grade. No one is going to be offended.

>I care about slightly higher resolution than 4k

I'll take 4k oled over "retina" anyday

because glorious CRT exists, and is much much cheaper

Whatever suits Apple at the time.

>calling it a "retina" display
Apple's marketing department approves.

MACTODDLERS BTFO

>looking at your screen through a magnifying glass

>going by meme names
>not just clearly stating ppi

KEK.

My display has higher DPI then any Retina does.

>My display has higher DPI then any Retina does.
prove it.

Clear dithering on right imagen, poor mac idiots

where the 40" UHD monitors at?

fpbp

son of a bitch!

Because I haven't purchased one.

Since when are bellies NSFW?

REEEEEEEEEEEE

Who is this demon semen

who cares? osx can barely scale correctly, windows is worse and linux is pure garbage

Somewhere around 300

On a what 6 inch screen that iPhone looks a hell of a lot better than the image suggests. It's also so high of resolution that there is likely no real benefit from 4K or full HD.

I just looked it up all of the phones are at least 300 dpi with the 7+ being 400, and the iPads are 260.

At the size of the screens on these devices of the resolution that these devices have having higher than 300 dpi is kind of pointless. I mean it's e-penis for sure but pointless

Ruski asuka.

X201s doesn't have retina display. Actually I think 1440x900 is plenty enough for 12", but the display quality is pretty shit so I might bother some day to replace it with something better.

If retina had a solid definition I would like it far more than the PPI or DPI measurement just because it's less dick wavy to say it's a retina display then to save "my phone has 381 PPI what's yours 370"

This!

>tfw you will never will finger Venus's mount of Venus
Why live then?

Retina basically means that the pixel density is high enough to not see individual pixels from the distance you generally use the screen.

>has higher DPI then any Retina
That's relative, isn't it. 1080p is a fixed standard. 1440p is a fixed standard, so is 4k.

"Retina" just means it's a display on some Apple-product...

Define "retina" and I will. If your talking about phones then it's easy to prove that my display is a whole lot better than a "retina" phone: I have two cheap Android phones. Yes, even the cheapest Android phones have a crisp-clear 1080p display these days.

lol, it's basically 720p on a 6" device. It's a joke. Don't care about your excuses and fanboy apologies, not even a little.

I paid $120 for my 6.5" Doogee Y6 MAX. It's got a 1080p display. I paid $150 for my summer clothing 5" Xiaomi Redmeme 4 pro. That one also has a 1080p display. Both of these look vastly superior to the eyephone six when you compare them side by side.

I remember when they announced the eyephone seven and they quickly mentioned that it had a "retina" 1334 x 750 display. You have to get the eyephone seven plus to actually get a full-HD panel. It's a joke. It really is.

>Birth of Venus
I thought it was a picture of a trap.

I wonder if they took out 32 by 18 lines so it wouldn't have the same stigma as a Walmart notebook panel.

>my 6.5" Doogee Y6 MAX. It's got a 1080p display.
the iShit 6+ has the same resolution you bumbling dipshit fanboy

>baseline iPhone 7 doesn't have a fucking 1080p screen
Are you shitting me

My fucking Nexus 6P has a 1440p screen

i agree with you with the apple display shit bro
they have sub par screens at 700+
they even have less ram than competitors because "ios is really good at memory management" even though snapchat on a 4gb android and a 2gb iphone take up the same space
but some child in a chink factory can make a phone with a 1080p screen and a fuckton of ram with a decent processor for like 150
normies dont want to think about technology or look into it
just take whatever magic word apple says as the word of god and convince yourself that the premium price is equal to a premium product

send me money to buy one

not him but it has the same resolution at triple the price of your iShit 6+plus

lmao, that's possible.. I mean, why not 1366x768 if you're going close to 720p? I can't believe they cut those 32x18 lines of pixels to save $0.2 per display..

yeah yeah so you buy the more expensive plus version of an eyephone for a thousand bucks and wow, you actually get the same resolution you do on a phone priced at one tenth of that! oh the deal you get from Apple, let's sing halleluja

Nope, look it up, I'm not shitting you. "Retina" actually means 720p-ish in Apple's world.

Exactly. It's laughable.

>Nope, look it up, I'm not shitting you. "Retina" actually means 720p-ish in Apple's world.
Retina for phones means ≥326ppi

plus on top of the shit screens you get a shit warranty that is supposed to cover and repair manufacturing defects
i think it was the iphone 6 that had the display that would permanently turn solid grey when on
apple as usual blames the consumer for the defect when it was an issue on the production line they are supposed to cover

they treat their customers as both idiots and clumsy chimpanzees

Resolution: 1080 x 1920 pixels (~401 ppi pixel density)
Thats the display of my asus zenfone 2
it cost 160 from gearbest
amazing how no other company includes "retina" in the name even though they have a higher ppi on a good majority of their phones

this is the iphone 7
Resolution: 750 x 1334 pixels (~326 ppi pixel density)

this is the 7+
1080 x 1920 pixels (~401 ppi pixel density)

you have to get the same for 800+ more
this is what premium is

>amazing how no other company includes "retina" in the name
They can't, Apple owns the term.

Is there screens over 200 - 250 DPI for computers then?

No.

For reference, 4k at 27" gives you a DPI of 163 and 1440p at 27" equals 109. For laptops a 15.6" 1080p screen gives you a DPI of 141.

I personally think 24" is the limit for 1080p which is a DPI of 92. You absolutely want 1440p for 27" and 4k if you're going much larger than that. Sadly, prices on those on larger screens with those resolutions are still rather high unless you're willing to settle for washed out TN panel colors.

No its not. "retina" is just a buzzword apple made up to sound advanced and impress idiots.

Meh. I really want a screen sharp as the screen of my Redmi Note Pro 4

Does your PC 10" away from your eyes? I hope not.