Fedora

Why is it such shit?

It's not, I've tried Mint, Arch, and a few Ubuntu flavors, but once I got to Fedora I haven't gone back.

I wouldn't say its directly shit but I don't like it personally, probably other users like it.
I really have to say that Arch's package managment system is the best I have seen and also updating arch is just awesome.

regarding fedora :
>inb4 package managment is shit

25 is great, though

Only problem I've ever had with it is when they released a few bad SELinux policy updates, but those were fixed pretty quick. Otherwise it works great.

Keep your mouth clean bro, anaconda, dnf, systemd and gnome is the only shit things in fedora

Arch is a very unsecure distro compared to Fedora though

What do you mean by that?

install gentoo....

No firewall enabled by default, no MAC configuration enabled by default, the AUR in general, and many other tiny things.

Arch is great if you are very experienced with Linux and know how to set all of these things up yourself, but no one on Sup Forums is that and thus Fedora is infinitly better

>inb4 AUR full of pajeet shit
Delet dis.

Ok now jokes besides, I have to admit tho that I wasn't aware that no firewall is enabled by default. kek it does make sense. I should've enabled one

Honestly, Fedora is probably one of the nicest distros I've ever run.

I also love Debian, but it's more of a pain to upgrade major versions without doing a fresh install, whereas Fedora handles it brilliantly, it's also really nice how up to date the packages are.

This is why I always recommend one of the big 3 distros (Ubuntu, Fedora or openSUSE) to people who want to use Linux. No matter how computer savy someone might individually be, its so easy to forget little things espcially with a bare bones distro like Arch.

meh I personally dislike ubuntu.
but I didn't thougt of using fedora or openSUSE.
are they really that great?
I mean honestly the package managment worrys me the bloat, security and privacy.
Im especially concerned about the privacy on Ubuntu.

Because it is not Debian

made my day

It didn't make my day it made my whole weak
EDIT: Thanks for the gold

>made my whole weak
wat, ye sure it made my whole strength

because it's the distro redhat uses to test the upcoming features for RedHat Linux, so you basically get a beta.

It's made by NSA/RedHat

because there are no release notes?
how the fuck to i know what the fuck im installing i have to go to distrowatch to find out? fuck that
because they use old kernels on new releases?
in that aspect even ubuntu is better
because bugs are closed because a new release is coming?
how convinient