Tesla Coils

Nikola Tesla wanted to make a spire to provide free power to those within the rage of it. It looked like it didn't work right at the end of it. I think I could make it work. It would be a large effort, we would need money for the parts and the study. I think I can make it work anybody want to help? He had trouble with producing the power threw the air. I figure if you want it to not lose power threw the air you need to either make allot of these spires or erect smaller spires to conduct the electricity into smaller homes. they would be producing there own amount of power while absorbing a larger amount from the air.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baghdad_Battery
eevblog.com/2014/08/07/ubeam-ultrasonic-wireless-charging-a-familiar-fish-smell/
youtube.com/watch?v=3zjnX41K1pE
youtube.com/watch?v=_fTC_Ud_k3U&t=611s
youtube.com/watch?v=LbTyEratSTI
youtube.com/watch?v=ChlG3TF38qI
youtube.com/watch?v=ZyfXvFicp8M
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pumped-storage_hydroelectricity
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You're a fucking idiot

Disney has walk-in magnetic wireless charging rooms

Well it's an idea I like the spires they make sense.
It would be a cool project.

Make it a startup and get bought out by oracle for a few million.

protip: the fact that no one has attempted this in literally 100 years since he was around should tell you something.

tesla was like 90% mad scientist bullshit

but we still use a lot of his bultech
and scientist are are making a hobby out of discovering he was right about most of his mad scientist bullshit. O.O so why not make a Tesla Planet

People wear faraday cages (chicken wire suits) and wave fluorescent light bulbs around while it zaps it and lights it, it's just isn't practical to walk around wearing a suit of armor to charge something at who knows how many volts

kill yourself

Someone didnt get a kiss from mommy earlier. Go back to Sup Forums you assblasted samefag. This is a technology thread

Hmm, but wouldnt the energy generate radiation harmful to people? Like with what was saying, these rooms give off electricity, but they also give off harmful radiation if stood too close to

You have no idea how anything works. Not just electricity, but anything. Your idea is exceeding misinformed.

>This is a technology thread
I'm pretty sure this is a circa 2014 reddit tesla jesus wank thread.

For it to be technology you need to have actual tech and not fantasy horseshit form the mind of an autistic serb

The tech you're describing is hardware like CPUs and such. Technology doesnt have to be restrected to things that compute. If you think about it, a wooden tool is technology. Any man-made tool to benefit a person or people can be considered technology

>The tech you're describing is hardware like CPUs and such
No, it's not.

you don't have to walk around in suits during your day to day
people would be safe because we could control the flow of energy threw the home using the smaller spires

you could use a carrier wave projected through the ionosphere, and well placed antennas to get the power output needed although it would take a bit to run.

Intriguing theory Dr. user.

Truly dumbfounding how people have known about Tesla and his experiments for a hundred years but no multi-billion dollar power company has harnessed their potential yet. You are really breaking new ground here.

Just out of curiosity, where did you get your degree in electrical engineering again?

there's no money in it for most Multi-billion dollar power companies. I just like having something to and to sell. People are already discovering the use of building these things in there garage and of course I got jealous and wanted one for myself. Though why stop and just one impractical cool looking wireless power supply there is no good reason we can't apply this same concept to a city

Alalalalalalslalsla

>there is no good reason we can't apply this same concept to a city
You get right on it then, you're definitely the first person to have that idea.

My suggestion is to take out the biggest loan you can get to start your business.

You remind me of old man I know who hadn't accomplished all he wanted to in life

You remind me of a dumb 16 year old kid who participates in Tesla Jesus wankfests on reddit.

>edgy cyberpunk thread
>reality of this is being constant prisoner to the electrical grid and wearing all the same emf-compliant clothing
Imagine, like, batteries too!

Why not just make batteries that last longer than the life of the devices there put in?

Then we have no need to erect spirals of questionable safety.

Why not just have a multi-national trillion dollar century old energy industry develop and implement the most efficient and practical way to generate and deliver electricity to the population?

Oh wait we already did that, and are still doing that.

but it isn't as efficient, and the impracticality of it has a lot of side applications that could very much improve daily life

Sounds like you should look for a job at one of those companies then. I'm sure they'd love to have someone with your credentials on board professor. I mean you are like the second coming of Tesla himself. Who by the way was so smart that thousands of brilliant engineers from across multiple generations have never used his designs, not because they didn't work and were retarded, but because they were too stupid to figure it out.

Not you though, you finally cracked the code.

Actually batteries were developed before power transmission was even a thing. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baghdad_Battery

Also batteries are just as large of an industry and they are more efficient. Because power generation is transferred using heat transmission from coal and natural gas.

>Actually batteries were developed before power transmission was even a thing.
And?

>Also batteries are just as large of an industry and they are more efficient
You realize that batteries are a form of energy storage and not energy generation right? Batteries aren't even the most efficient or the most widely used method of utility scale power storage.

>batteries are more efficient than a power grid
Gee the local battery man coming to deliver my days worth of power sure sounds so cyberpunk and techno

Just for fun
eevblog.com/2014/08/07/ubeam-ultrasonic-wireless-charging-a-familiar-fish-smell/

tell me how would your power transmission differ from uBeam

I... well actually
This light bulb is based Tesla design

also Lots! of people use his designs
youtube.com/watch?v=3zjnX41K1pE

youtube.com/watch?v=_fTC_Ud_k3U&t=611s

>multi-billion dollar power company has harnessed their potential yet.

Not him. Apparently J.P. Morgan got wind of the 'free power' notion and pulled the plug on Tesla. If there's a way to get power in abundance for no money, a market system is not going to look for it.

I'm not saying it necessarily exists. I'm just saying that a profit incentive guarantees a market product. If there's no market for a product, then it is up to enthusiasts and hobbyists and dreamers.

Personally I want a way of extracting usable energy from cranky market worshipping naysayers. There would be enough surplus energy possibly from all the hot useless angry wind defending the status quo, which, by the way needs no defence. There is no and has never been a threat to the status quo. There is only a need for wage slaves to bond in shared misery.

I missed the part where wireless electricity is the standard method of power transmission, care to point that one out?

>This light bulb is based Tesla design
Christ, straight out of reddit, or maybe Sup Forums.

Tesla gets credit for AC power and that's about it.

Yeah I'm sure he didn't pull the plug because his shit didn't work it must have been because he was protecting the power industry.

Instead of wire you would have controlled arcs of electricity

youtube.com/watch?v=LbTyEratSTI

youtube.com/watch?v=ChlG3TF38qI

We could sell the small spires

Already been done.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZyfXvFicp8M

b-but muh tesla jesus

Yes that is what I can fix with the multiple spires or you could use a carrier wave projected through the ionosphere, and well placed antennas to get the power output but that is hard to pull off

>eevblog.com/2014/08/07/ubeam-ultrasonic-wireless-charging-a-familiar-fish-smell/
>2014/08/07/ubeam-ultrasonic-wireless-charging-a-familiar-fish-smell/
>/ubeam-ultrasonic-wireless-charging-a-familiar-fish-smell/
>/ubeam-ultrasonic-wireless-charging
>wireless-charging

The article is about wireless charging.

>Yes that is what I can fix
Get to it then friend, you are the chosen one. You alone are capable of what an entire worldwide power industry and the god-genius T E S L A himself were incapable.

And you can do it all while still being a 16 year old in high school who has never read a single page in a single book about electrical engineering. Amazing.

This can't be healthy.

t. capitalist electricity provider
stop holding back progress

Who is holding back progress? By all means go achieve fame and fortune with your revolutionary technology that has never been done before.

I already gave my advice, get the biggest loan you can.

they are using boxes that you would then plug into and they have the same problem that Tesla had where you lose power threw the air

the spire would be huge tower that have been said to be very dangerous but once working properly Tesla's idea was electronic technology not needing a power source.

And your form of wireless transmission surpasses this limitation how?

If you create a large enough pulse of energy you can create the needed power to send through the air using electricity. Although the power it would take is ridiculous. So I figure take smaller spires like the one built in Colorado Springs and place them close by a safer antenna based Broadcasting Tower

IF you build a community of progress the people will envy and flurish

it actually tells you something quite different

there's quite a bit to be discovered in your garage once you look into coil windings. especially on standard combustion engines

and if you figure it out, keep your mouth shut

>and if you figure it out, keep your mouth shut
You are definitely the first guy to figure out how hundred year old technology works, yep. Especially combustion engines, it's not like they're one of the most mass produced machines on earth or anything.

>most mass produced machines on earth
>implying that means anything at all
you can start with what turns off an old school carbureted motor. preferably a motor with an older, harder to find, DC magneto. work backwards from there

you'd be surprised at whats possible when you ignore books telling you what can't be done

Yeah I'm sure friend

You definitely know more than the guys who built the things.

magnetos suck.

>you'd be surprised at whats possible when you ignore books telling you what can't be done
You'd be surprised what's possible when you can read!

i dont. specifically because i dont want a visit from the 'guy who built the things'

they're good for learning or more specifically, unlearning

earth has a charge of roughly 500,000 Coulombs.

all on needs to do is bridge the "plates" that make up the capacitor known as earth. ionosphere and ground.

>i dont. specifically because i dont want a visit from the 'guy who built the things'
I'm with you there buddy.

Make sure you double up on the tin foil as well.

>Tesla gets credit for AC power and that's about it.
yeah, lets not count ac motors, microwave technology, RC technology and much more

i already wrap my whole body in tin foil every morning before i hop in the car, flick a switch and drive to work

>lets not count ac motors
Galileo Ferraris

>Galileo Ferraris
Nikola Tesla conceived the basic principals of the polyphase induction motor in 1883

and?
you do know what a communicator is right, and how brushed and brush less motors work?
this tell when they both achieved working designs of brush less motors. AC motors still existed before then, just brushed and therefore less officiant.

The design he was working on in 1883 was not brushed and he didn't invent the brushed AC motor either.

The polyphase induction motor as you wrote is basically by definition brushless.

Also nice google copy/paste response earlier.

>The design he was working on in 1883 was not brushed and he didn't invent the brushed AC motor either.
never claimed he invented brush less motors, just that his design was superior. hence why the company called Tesla take his design in their electric cars.
>Also nice google copy/paste response earlier.
yeah my ability to explain things so other people can understand is next to non-existent and my grammar is shit so i just look for someone who has worded it in an understandable manner

I'll make the logo

wow you're even more retarded than I thought

Keep worshiping your serbian messiah

Here's an early concept for the logo.

How do you like it?

>wow you're even more retarded than I thought
>Keep worshiping your serbian messiah
worship is for the weak willed. I might take inspiration from him. But neither taking inspiration from him, nor refuting your arguments constitutes as worship.

keep worshiping your consumer-lord

You didn't refute shit, you don't even know what the words you are saying mean. You frantically google your responses because you don't know shit about what you are talking about.

It is a FACT that Tesla did not invent the induction motor, your refusal to believe that is your reddit cult of tesla horseshit.

Nikola Tesla wanted to make a lot of things.

Some of them included things dangerous enough to end people's lives, intentionally.
Some of them minute enough that nobody gave 2 shits (such as a book full of Pigeon Coop designs)
Some of them great that we use today.

Guess what the "giant free-power spire" falls under?
Also: You can actually harness "free power" from under high-voltage line towers, if you have a long enough loop of conductive metal and a way to store the electricity. But it's not "free power", it's waste that's generated from the process of moving that electricity (Electromagnetic Waves/Radiation). And it's pretty dangerous to be around said towers, unprotected, which is why the ones that can generate enough EMR to produce tangible power at the ground level, have fences and gates around them.

To be fair though, Tesla's "spire" idea could still live on, in the receiving form, as a way to measure and reduce ambient EMR at substations, and store this energy in a separate loop storage system, to cover for brown-outs and disruptions on a local scale.

>your refusal to believe that is your reddit cult of tesla horseshit.

again never claimed he invented them

>control-f "resonance"
>phrase not found

Sums up ever tesla thread

>Batteries aren't even the most efficient or the most widely used method of utility scale power storage.
right, and the alternative is? what is the rest of the world using that i do not know of to store their power?

that's because resonance is like volume, it is the sum of its aspects.

Pumped hydro you dumb cunt

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pumped-storage_hydroelectricity

>threw

I think you have more important things to think about than developing large scale wireless electrical distribution systems.

>to provide free power
stopped reading.

> Although the losses of the pumping process makes the plant a net consumer of energy overall, the system increases revenue by selling more electricity during periods of peak demand, when electricity prices are highest.

the sun/carbohydrate

>> Although the losses of the pumping process makes the plant a net consumer of energy overall, the system increases revenue by selling more electricity during periods of peak demand, when electricity prices are highest.
Yeah, it's STORAGE, not power GENERATION.

All storage is not 100% efficient, meaning it consumes power.

Do you think that electricity just magically comes out of batteries you fucking retard?

If it wasn't able to generate power it wouldn't be much use as storage would it bluey?

Yeah it would because it stores the power that comes from power plants you dumb fuck.

pic related, but I guess you know better right?

I hope thats a picture of real plants emitting water clouds smart guy

are you a little slow?

> He thinks the whole dam was filled by pumping water upstream

literally read the article you stupid fuck

>He thinks we have enough batteries to store all the potential energy we could be generating
>He thinks we have enough buyers to buy all the energy we are selling
>He thinks we will sell the energy cheaper because we can generate so much of it
Honestly, high capacity batteries are what're really needed.

For what? The only reason for power storage on the utility scale is to smooth out the demand for power or regulate erratic power generation like wind and solar. Long term storage is pointless. Pumped hydro stations already exist and likely have a higher efficiency than a giant ass battery installation would.