NoScript??

Do people unironically use this and actually take the time to manually approve each script on every site they visit?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?q=xhr
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

how the fuck are supposed to know which ones to block?

yea

Autism has no limits

Not every site needs you to approve 9 million scripts for it to work.

I only use it so that news sites don't automatically play videos.

Anything that has facebook or "ad" in it is a hard NO, for one.

Who uses noscript when umatrix exists.

>approve 4cdn.org once
>hard

I use uMatrix now though

>blocks your XSS
>stops CIA niggers from tracking you
>allowing scripts to run on your browser without explicit approval

Seriously hope you guys don't run JavaScript by default

bet OP hasn't blocked ekansovi.com yet

enjoy being data mined

>putting a key derivation function in a list of hash functions

It's so shit

It just gets in my way

if you are not a retard you know what websites do and are

ublock does that for you

Fucking all of them, that's disgusting.

I work for a large company and if someone is using noscript they just get a page telling them to fuck off, we aren't going to invest money into creating two versions of our website to appease a handful of turbo autists who still live in the 90s.

No, I use uMatrix instead.

I'm using noscript+request policy
Is there something umatrix can do and noscript can't?

do people actually take the time to go into the control panel of Windows 10 to configure the settings??

like wtf wouldn't that take hours? don't be so autistic lol xD who cares about "spyware" or "bloatware" anyway lmao loser. that's almost as autistic as those turbonerds that install that windows-alternative called "linux"

LibreJS exists.

let you onto a website without breaking everything

>manually
God i wish that was me

>Do people unironically use this and actually take the time to manually approve each script on every site they visit?
Yes.

I only visit probably 5 sites regularly. Everything works fine. For a new site, I usually only need to temporary allow the "main" domain and cdn and maybe something from a cloud service (amazon/cloudfront). 80% of the time that is enough.

If it requires more then the question is...do I care enough about seeing the content. And do I trust the site. Of course there are other things I can do like use archive.is or temp allow all.

I personally don't like using a web browser without a script blocker like NoScript (or like others have suggested uMatrix). But if you are a "casual" then you probably want to avoid script blockers until you decide they are worth your time to learn how to use them.

What can NoScript even do that much, much more convenient adblocker like uBlock Origin can't?

>2017
>noscript

Have an interface that isn't shit and not dump you on a donation beg screen after every minor update.

no we use umatrix

>Who uses noscript when umatrix exists.

This! Who the fuck uses NoScript these days ????

Depends on how much you enjoy ads.

Yes. Security is worth my time thank you.

You get used to it after using it for awhile. Worst case scenario you can try unblocking things one at a time and if you've fucked up, block the whole site and try again.

t. used NoScript for like 5 years now.

Not worth it then, thx.

>This! Who the fuck uses NoScript these days ????
A lot of people. Nothing wrong with Gorhill's product(s). But NoScript is still extremely popular compared to uMatrix.

>donation beg screen after every minor update.
You can disable that in your options. Or install uMatrix if disabling it pisses you off.

Is this some retarded american thing ? I haven't come across anyone here in the Swedish tech-sphere who still uses NoScript, it's all uBlock Origin/uMatrix.

>Is this some retarded american thing ?
Maybe.

Most people don't use an adblocker or script blocker. Although adblocking is a lot more popular now. So much so that Chrome will do it by default soon.

But Gorhills software is still relatively unknown among casual users who use ad/script blockers. Outside of the massive shilling (and "uMeme" trolling) on Sup Forums most use ABP and NoScript. I think those who dropped ABP for uBlock did so because they hated the "Acceptable" ads checkbox. There hasn't been anything similar with NS to sent the turbo-nerds running to uMatrix.

pls post your uMatrix whitelist

Yes

Just installed UMatrix instead of NoScript.
How do I use this now?

All of them faggot.

You need a whopping 2 or 3 of them to make the site work, the rest are advertising shit and tracking.

The fucking botnet is real you casual, you're looking at it.

Yes. Blacklisting DOES NOT WORK.

Well okay it helps but whitelisting is the only way to get real security.

If you see a website like that, stop using the website.
That's the main purpose of noscript- to show you exactly what sites you should avoid. Cross domain scripting is a fucking cancer.

>defending MD5

uMatrix doesn't exist for Firefox.
That's why I use NoScript and uBlock Origin

>defending SHA-1

>defending SHA-256

>uMatrix doesn't exist for Firefox.
sage

Fucking pedos, the lot of you are scum.

kys fucking greaser

Huh. Nice to know.
When was it released?

a very long time ago

is there any extension that blocks selected inline scripts? for example there are two scripts, one that loads images and another that blocks the site if you use an adblocker and you just want to block the second one

over a year ago

Take a hint: Pages that use adblock detection simply don't want you.
Stop giving them hits.

two decades ago

this was just an example and you didn't help at all

wow i didn't realize

Well, how would you want to differentiate between inline scripts?
Positions of scripts in HTML can change at any time and the scripts themselves may change as well.

Va inte så jävla naive, din megatölp.

vet du ens vad naiv betyder?

>Avnänder inte NoScript
>Inte naive
Välj one.

by a combination of pattern matching and wildcards within each script

there will be parts of each script that are consistent and unique

blev du tappad som bäbis eller? han använder uMatrix som alla andra som har det minsta kolla på vad som händer i världen.

Skämt på dig, jag är inte svensk, jag använder Google Translator.

och det gör dig mindre efterbliven hur, exakt?

I use ublock origin, umatrix and noscript. Am i doing it wrong?

y

How umatrix is better than noscript really? I dont get it.

yes, umatrix and noscript does the same shit it's retarded to use both.

umatrix has better interface and more control than noscript

just compared the two screenshots in this thread.

How do I use uMatrix comapred to NoScript?
In NS I just had to click Forbid X or temporarily allow Y or even allow Z for sites like 4chinz.
What are all these options in uMatrix?

I use noscript because umatrix is too fidly.

>tfw no noscript on chrome

What if i dont give a fuck about interface and got used to noscript already?

This. Its very confusing compared to noscript.

Lol retard. gorhill has even gone on record saying it works best on Firefox.

Its interface doesn't suck ass.
Its modern code, not spaghetti code from the 90s.
Not made by a jew.

Only enable scripts if you NEED to. If shit works fine without them y do it?

>admitting to using chrom

no it's not. umatrix is easier because you dont have to click a million times to get a website working.
just click the top part of a URL to allow all links, cookies and scripts from that site.
you can also click "ALL" in the top left to allow all URLs then deny specific ones like facebook if you want.
to save your settings for this site click the LOCK icon.
most of the time you just have to enable scripts from some CDN to get shit working.

What is the overall opinion on Ghostery? Really bad not good or what? It's worked great for me so far.

dont trust it. there was some bullshit some time ago with it.

Still pretty confusing. Noscript requires less clicks if you know what youre doing.

no it doesnt and you dont have to allow everything from a URL with umatrix.

block everything until the website breaks then backtrack until you have the least amount of scripts needed.

>Noscript requires less clicks if you know what youre doing
No, it doesn't

Thanks for detailed infographics.
Notice how there is red, pink, light green and green?
What are those in between?
Also if the domain name like gstatic is red but some of its elements are pink or even green, what does it do then?

I had to, firefox is broken on my toaster.

>take the time to manually approve each script on every site they visit
Of course nobody approves every script. Why would you do that?

Also is it good by default?
Meaning I don't have to go through any of this?

People usually has a small list of sites they always visit, they can whitelist those that need it from there. The rest don't deserve it.

>noscript
>right click
>allow Sup Forums
umatrix?

>left click umatrix button
>click all

I prefer it because I broke Sup Forums with umatrix but just allowing Sup Forums.org and 4cdn.org and none of the ad and ekansovi stuff let Sup Forums work perfecty with noscript.

Hmm, then theyre on par. Ill read more about umatirx but so far not worthy to switch to desu.

sometimes, when I don't feel like getting a visit

green = allowed
light green = allowed via parent URL or your separate whitelist
red = specifically blocked by blacklist or you manually (and wont be enabled if you allow all 3rd party links.)
light red = blocked 3rd party URL by default or via parent URL, (will turn light green if you allow with "ALL" button.)

purple is just the root URL and doesnt really do anything that i know of.

yes, all 3rd party sites are blocked by default unless they're in a whitelist you subscribed to, and you can subscribe to more blacklists in the settings.

root URL is already allowed by default so you dont have to click anything.
also i think you forgot Sup Forums uses a CDN domain and you need to allow google to get captcha.

>click 4cdn
>click google

or just click ALL which makes it less clicks than outdated and depricated NoScript

umatrix shines when you're on a new site with tons of 3rd party URLs and you dont know which one you need to enable to show the content you want, you can just press ALL.

it's also better because you can select to block cookies, css, frames, xhr and scripts individually per URL.

you're retarded then.

look at the screenshot of umatrix above, works perfectly fine.

Very new to this topic, sorry for the basic question.

Why should I or would I block the XHR? It calls some scripts or what? Sorry once again.

yes.

google.com/search?q=xhr