This kills Sup Forums

This kills Sup Forums

Not everybody here is a computer programmer though.

>This kills Ra/g/esh
FTFY

feelsgoodman

interesting times coming.

Fucking great.
Gonna love the tears of you cheap code monekeys.

The entire world is about to be shaken up by AI.

Tech industry will be no different.

I really get pissed off when code monkeys refer to their bullshit as "tech", and call themselves "software engeneers".

Technology, as in "people actually making new things" is gonna be better than ever.
But dont worry I'll pay you to polish my shoes.

Heh. The tech industry is everything from the lowly administrator, to the actual engineer telling the code monkey what to write. AI will be disruptive when it becomes widespread. But we are so far off from that we might see it at the end of our lifetimes.

If your gob isn't at least a silicon manufactoring technologist you suck.
The only "tech" people I actually respect are the hardware people and maybe the chief monkeys that actually know math.

how many people do you think understand chemical vapor deposition to design ICs? it's a rare and difficult skill that boarders physics, chemistry, and logic. that isn't tech that's motherfucking science.

I'm a neet
you can't automate this

>technology /tɛkˈnɒlədʒi/
>the application of scientific knowledge for practical purposes, especially in industry.

"tech" is a buzzword
Smartphone "apps" and fidget spinners arent technology

Better become a Robot now

Let's all

>Artist
>1.5%
YALL LAUGHED AT ME, BUT WHO'S LAUGHIN NOW
not me, because when half he population loses their jobs to Ai I will just be forced to pay more tax for their welfare

Actually there's an MIT research team making a robot that can sleep in bed until 4pm.

Until Skynet rises out if the ashes of the programmers and you'll be begging us to write some sort of virus to take it down.

How is that job not automatable? Sounds easy as fuck to automate.

>machine sorts medication
>machine prints bottles and dispenses medication
>machine displays FAQs

It is tech. No one gives a shit about your autistic sperg-outs over word-use which is technically correct, and conventional.

The first two are already automated.

Who will program the fucking robots? (By the way, the answer is not robots, not for another 100 years at least.)

AI will only take over the repetitive tasks that Pajeet currently does. CS will go back to being a profession for smart, creative people with strong mathematical background.

So the pharmacist just takes a bottle and hands it to me, while reading the directions on the side? That's their entire fucking job? Why aren't they being paid minimum wage?

Most of the "programmers" on Sup Forums are barely any better than pajeet.

>bug results in completely wrong medication being dispensed
>patient takes it anyway and dies
>how could that happen? who's responsible?
it's a safe job because machines can't have responsibility and the resonsibility is tied to licensing. even if all the actual work is automated there would still be a licensed person being responsible for whatever the machine does.

The robots who program the robots who program the robots who...

>the programmer just types on his keyboard to call some standard functions? why isn't he paid minimum wage?
because the details are a lot more complicated than a layman can come up with.

The cost of not paying a few pharmacists will offset any lawsuits, especially since they will most likely have insurance.

Same reason automated cars will work. The few crashes that happen will be offset by not paying people to drive.

People have claimed that programming would be a solved thing since the creation of C.
There will always be a need for experts, it doesn't matter what field.
Smart people don't fear automation.
Stupid people should fear it though.

I bet patients will flock to your "software bug might kill you but fear not, we're insured!" robot pharmacy.

...well you're gonna need someone to program the A.I....

I rather take the chance of software bug killing me than human making an error and killing me

That's why it'll be gradual. Just like grocery store checkout lines. 1 person running 8 self checkouts while workers in the other lanes are still there.

This is exactly why I'm in a masters program with a concentration in machine learning.

This tbqh. Even simple flow charts are better than doctors in recognizing a illness correctly

Someone has to fix the robots. Or fix the robots that fix the robots. Or fix the robots that fix the robots that fix the robots.

So the only part remaining is mailing to the customer.

Should be 98% then. Amazon already does this fully automated, all they need to do is get a license to fill prescriptions and it will be game over for pharmacists.

/thread

dont worry, pajeets will do it in java

ultimately, everything can be automated. I'm aware of that. but until automats can't solve unforseen problems, i.e. innovate, they won't replace me because when I have to innovate the stakes are high. e.g. a child needs a certain antibiotic right now but the suspension made for children of its age is currently not available due to shortages. I've had such cases more than once and there is no one "correct" solution to that problem, especially none anyone would program a machine to do before it happens.

>trusts in AI
Have you seen the kind of cruddy software people write?
To write software that writes software is an even higher bar to meet. But I can certainly agree that a lot of people will lose their jobs. But it's not because AI is good it's because they're so crappy.

This desu. I think its not as simple as rigorous testing like in planesoftware etc

For it to be better than human it needs to be a neural net and you never know how they came to their conclusion. I dont think its reliable other than for helping.

I mean how can Sup Forums be this stupid. If you had any idea what you're talking about, you'd know AI isn't going to be here for a long time, and the "AI" people refer to today is just machine learning.

The only programmers that are getting replaced by machine learning are the ones that do really simple tasks like basic basic front end web development.

We are so far from making AI that can be told a programming problem, then logically solve it.

Heheheh

What's the difference? I thought of myself as a programmer but I guess I fit software developer slightly better because I have customer interaction.

Who this knob goblin?

salty college students with a shitton of debt

Not gonna replace a soldier in my lifetime at least

Not really, no. I'm a pharmacist (:

>Not working in a field with less than 1% chance of automation

:3

Again, I don't see how that won't become automated.

A software developer or engineer tries to figure out the best solution for a customer's problem in the form software. A programmer is someone the developer or engineer sends the design off to. A developer or engineer can also be the programmer.

What should a 14 year old do for exanple if he wants to do shit as Programmer or in computer science.

Because humans are a thousand times more flexible than what robots will ever be and people who are sick and vulnerable don't want to be taken care of by a robot

wait until he's 18 and study IT in the army

Not go on a website for adults for starters.

Not post on an 18+ image board.

not him but
Sup Forums is a blue board desu
get fucked

Sounds good, maybe this 14 year old would do it

The study providing the date is pretty swallow. iirc they used some characteristics of jobs and made some assumptions. I.e. lots of human contact: hard to automate, little human contact: easy to automate.

In the same vain one could argue that delivering letter is pretty hard to automate because every mailbox is different, there is traffic, etc. Or you could just think a bit further and maybe you don't need a physical letter but an e-mail is sufficient.

>Sup Forums is a blue board desu
End yourself, retard.

Blue board just means it's work safe, Sup Forums as a whole is mature only.
Read the rules.

It's a global rule, fuckface.

But the 14 year old boy doesnt go on Sup Forums

>being edgy and cranky
ok
it's a rule, not a law, learn the difference

You're like one of those trench coats with two kids stacked up on each other in it trying to buy alcohol.

Well, I think we're all good then. No more arguments needed.

This

LEA won't care, sure, mods might.

>it's a rule, not a law
????

Could be fucking worse eh

don't try to put the thread back on its rails you fucker

youngsters out reeeeeee

yea, fuck your attempt to develop marketable skills early on in life

Thanks

>oh no who will i pay $60k a year to write constructors and accessor methods?
also this rip pajeet

Start learning a programming language. Find something that motivates you to get through rough/frustrating times. Perhaps a goal.
Virtually any language is fine to start with. Don't worry too much about that.

humans definitely don't do that already. great argument.

Thanks user, I guess the 14 year old would do that.

How can EMTs be automated????

I don't think the mods give a shit whether you classify it as a rule or law

Dispatchers.

Not the actual crews on trucks.

Person calls 911, truck gets sent, all by 911.

>0.42% physician

If we're talking about the whole profession, I'd say that's about right. If we're talking about individual tasks, the number is way, way low. In 20 years I expect MOST tasks physicians/general practioners do today to be either automated fully or augmented by tech.

Hasn't this already been taken over by... calculators?

thank you based STEM

I want to become a nurse and down the line a paramedic, but isn't it more likely that nurses would be replaced by automation than paramedics?

I have no idea user. I have considered getting a degree in nursing after Emergency Medicine but scrapped the idea as soon as I got the job.

One thing for sure, paramedic has more responsibilities than nurse. Paramedics administer drugs which nurse cannot (here a nurse on her own can only administer paracetamol, nothing else), we do small surgical procedures that a nurse cannot and the whole ITLS/ALS shenanigans.

On the other hand, nurse is about care. Would you like to be taken care of by a robot? Human contact is important.

I am not American, so I don't know exactly what box I fall into.
I have a msc in robot systems engineering and my job title is research assistant.
CE is the closest american degree but your education system is different.
Civil engineer only covers buildings and bridges for you guys.
Control engineer covers it, but it is not a term I see used by Americans.

good, i'll no longer take blames for shitty engineering designs

It's about where you work not what papers you got.

forgot pic

Ha-ha, Sup Forums on suicide watch.

Seems a little high

>robots can't even find my job
git gud

>implying
programmers will become creative designers for hierarchical structures for practical application ai

Get rekt programmers

Fucking bullshit, most of what I do could already be automated. As RDBMS improve there's less and less need for human interaction with it.

Even if not completely replaced I don't think there will be a need for more than 1-2 DBA per major MSP in ~10 years. Well, I won't complain if I'm wrong though.

Kek no, pajeets are still cheaper, it's just that all the jobs that can be done by machines will be and the rest is still pajeets

LAW

you won't see a machine being allowed to dispatch medicine anytime soon kid

In the 50s up through the 60s, there was extensive research to develop "artificial programming." That research was wildly successful, it produced something called a "compiler," which allowed the same program to be created and maintained in fewer man-hours. When people talk about automating this particular job, they're talking about higher-level languages.