Take at least 10 seconds to google first

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

spring.io/
spring.io/understanding/REST
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Representational_state_transfer
nyaa.pantsu.cat/
nyaa.si/
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Rxvt-unicode/Tips_and_tricks#systemd)
newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128651&nm_mc=AFC-C8JunctionCA&cm_mmc=AFC-C8JunctionCA-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10592396&PID=3938566&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_source=afc-%zn
download.gigabyte.cn/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_ga-970a-ud3p_v.2.x_e.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If I take that lens off, will you die?

What's the use of ruby, python and java in web development?

server side logic, see rails, django, jsp.

I have only used html/css/js until now, what's that server side logic?

All my server does with my test page is serve the files as requested.

you make reddit
how do you keep users logins, passwords, comments history...

it's used for dynamic generated pages.

html/css/js is the end result the client sees, but application logic is usually on the server.

take Sup Forums for example, you request a thread and it returns you a page with all current posts fetched from a database.

Whoa so that's a completely different thing than what's taught to beginners.

So then every piece of content is kept into a database, fetched then put into the html and served?

How exactly do you store a bunch of text of an article for example? Using "text" instead of "varchar" in mysql?

all of which are shit for webdev and the only good reason to learn any of them are for jobs

Who is this penis squeezer

it depends, you can't generalize this.
if you have large chunks of text then a text optimized database field is what you want.

Is Panda Antivir any good?

Sauce?

Where can I start to read to figure all this out, a place where current standards are mentioned so that I don't learn outdated shit?

does a pcie extender cable introduce much latency?

Any good recommendations for 140mm intake fan?

>Take at least 10 seconds to google first

pick your favorite programming language.
look for its web framework language guides.

You have to consider that not all databases are SQL based, some for instance use a JSON format which gives fuck all about what is stored inside as long as it's properly formated.

How long until my hard drive fails?

I've had my current one since the summer of 2013.

Reposting because I can't find a fucking thing about this graphic error anywhere.

R5 1600 with a b350 Tomahawk mobo.
Everything went fine putting together and installing os but now every time I try to enter the bios to update or change ram speeds I'm greeted by this screen and only this screen until manually restarting.

Sorry for the potato quality picture the screenshot option doesn't when work when it gets to this point.

antivirus wont protect against the actually crippling attacks, panda is just commonsense

noctua ines

bumping this question about getting fb photos removed

i need a source code for a snake game in win32 GUI or win32 API
i need this for my exam, which is supposed to be piss easy, i just need the code to compile, i dont have to understand all of it
can anyone help me out? i am swamped with other exams, i have to study math and cant get to this right now
i dont have an account on any programming websites and just fucking googling "win32 api snake" seems awful, thought that was all i had to do but guess its fucking not

im in some deep shit, getting mild nervous breakdowns here, so much other exams i have to deal with right now

When i try to upgrade my A7 2016,it says to use smart switch.

When i use smart switch,it downloads but when it tries to install it it stays at 0%

i can't open the wifi so i really wanna upgrade

definitely a stupid question
depends on the hdd, i've had one working fine for 10 years

what's wrong with his teeth?

pic related -> brand new disk, used 2 days.
is "hardware ecc recovered" a meaningful number to be worried about?

>getting mild nervous breakdowns here
that's cute thinking Sup Forums is going to help you rather than laugh at your situation and make fun of your negligence

So it should be Spring for Java then.

Now I go to their website and this is what I find:
spring.io/

>Let's build a better Enterprise.
>Spring helps development teams everywhere build simple, portable, fast and flexible JVM-based systems and applications.
Wel... I go the the help pages:
spring.io/understanding/REST
>REST (Representational State Transfer) was introduced and defined in 2000 by Roy Fielding in his doctoral dissertation. REST is an architectural style for designing distributed systems. It is not a standard but a set of constraints, such as being stateless, having a client/server relationship, and a uniform interface. REST is not strictly related to HTTP, but it is most commonly associated with it.

What the fuck is that supposed to mean?

its a faulty drive

i could if it wasnt win32 api (whatever that is) i have a cross platform snake i made a long time ago in java

Am I asking a stupid question right now?

I'm searching the best options for voice recognition on Linux.

I want it to be able to understand me even if it's not connected to the internet.
I'm fine with it only understanding predefined commands, it doesn't have to understand everything I say.
I want it to be able to pipe recognized commands into some bash script or some other way I can use the results.

Any ideas?

Questions are defined by the person asking, so in your case that's a retarded question.

no not really

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Representational_state_transfer

Why don't people wait until page 10 to make new /sqt/ threads? The title stays the same, therefore search-able, after all.

if people don't know this thread exists they aren't going to search for it, so it's better if it pops onto the first page every now and then.

been reading server stuff lately

does nic teaming increase speed? i mean copying files in ftp n shit

So whats the nyaa alternative? I just realized its down

A motherboard has one M.2 slot, 2 PCIe 8x slots and two PCIe 4x

Will I be able to run 3 NVMe's (one M.2 and 2 via PCIe) at the same time without them blocking each other?

see

What's a FLAC file and why are audiophiles so persistent on it?

nyaa.pantsu.cat/ or nyaa.si/

There's a huge nerd war between the two, so pick your poison.

Lossless compression for music.

FLAC files are smaller than the raw audiostream/wav files but larger than mp3s and other such types.

So I'm thinking of switching to Wayland, but I want to keep urxvtd
What's the xinitrc equivalent to Wayland? Alternatively, if someone knows a way of getting it to work with systemd, except with the ability to control systemctl power commands (see wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Rxvt-unicode/Tips_and_tricks#systemd) I'd use that instead.

FLAC's are perfect copies of the original file, while other more popular lossy compresssions are merely close representations of that file.

It would be extremely painful.

Will anything bad happen if someone removes the Intel Inside and Windows 7 stickers from their laptop?

it might leave some glue residue that is hard to remove.

updated bios and now this isnt working how do i fix it newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128651&nm_mc=AFC-C8JunctionCA&cm_mmc=AFC-C8JunctionCA-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10592396&PID=3938566&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_source=afc-%zn

So I gotta copy some calculus stuff from a pdf book to a word document. Any way for it not to fuck up formatting when u copy and paste?
If not are there any calculus books i can pirate that aren't in pdf format so i can copy and paste properly to word?

heres my bios download.gigabyte.cn/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_ga-970a-ud3p_v.2.x_e.pdf

Also has blue eyes.
Obviously part British.

How can i make GTASA run on my windows 10?

ps: i've already tried to install directx9 from microsoft but doesn't work.

When I turned on my computer this morning chkdsk or something like that started running checking my hard drive... it's only the first time it's happened, but about how much longer will my drive last? I've had it eight years and probably pirated 100 tb up/down off of it.

Install DirectPlay from Windows Features -> Legacy Components.

If doesn't work restart your PC, and try again.

It worked, thanks user.

chkdsk only runs when windows didn't shut down properly.

so today while i was off at work my parents texted me saying they had a bunch of problems with the internet. so i tried to access my rutorrent online but couldn't connect and then i tried to ssh in and also could not connect. im dont really know if rtorrent was causing the problems and ive left it alone plenty of times before without any trouble, but im still a little worried that it may be a bit to aggressive so i want to do something about it. also it seems like a pretty good idea anyways

right now I allow connection through a tor hs only for both the ssh server and rutorrent because of the nat-punching abilities and because i already have tor connected 99% of the time anyway, so i figure some kind of shut-off could be based on that

tl;dr: how hard would it be to write a script that tells rtorrent to pause all traffic if tor doesn't say that it is connected, and then start seeding and stuff again once the connection is fine? i have no real programming experience

NO IM NOT TORRENTING OVER TOR AND THIS IS NOT A QUESTION ABOUT TORRENTING OVER TOR ONLY SSH TRAFFIC AND THE WEB UI IS GOING OVER TOR

How many days in a row are you going to the exact same problem?

Any suggestion for this budget build? Will it run league?

pic related

Does someone browse Sup Forums on mobile? Can't get webms working. If the video is at least 720p res it freezes and crashes my phone. Tried with mimi and clover chan browsers. It plays fine if opened on external video player though.

just how poor are you

League of legends will run
Rocket league won't
Not sure which one you have in mind. Better find an used pc, you can buy at least two times more powerful than here.

until i get an answer

This is fucking bothering me
>Installing Gamecube controller adapter on my PC
>It's not detected
>Be an idiot and use Zadig to change my DS4 to WinUSB because I thought it was the adapter
>It takes 5 minutes then aborts
>Realize I fucked up
>Delete the device
>Reinstall WinUSB and it installs this time
>DS4 is under unspecified and doesn't work
I can't get my DS4 to work again. Help.

Does anyone know of sites like Linux Academy but don't cost that much?

Going to learn Linux and I'd like to get the LPI Linux Essentials but I would really like hands-on learning tutorials and not just reading from a book.

Or if anyone has a Linux Academy account, that would be cool.

is it harmful to use isopropyl alcohol for cleaning my laptop's matte TN LCD?
I calibrated my screen already. Just wanna knwo if it contributes to 'yellowing' of my screen (or if there's a way to remove that yellowing of the surface)

So i fucked up when i install windows 7 and now have windows vista files in my hardrive, anyways I can get rid of the old shit while keeping the os and programs i have now to make more space or im i screwed

Hey guys, my roommate won't let me port forward on the home network
>google fiber
>his google account
>he hides wifi SSID

Is there a way around this? I am thinking of just getting VPS, and then do reverse SSH so I can get access to my home computers, and I am also wanting to try networking with android, and what not.

do you pay half of it?
sue him

if you don't pay anything then get your own account, sue him or just accept it.

if he's hostile enough to do that you might as well find a new roommate.

can the port be dynamic? if yes you can scan for leaky ports (router's fault) or try finding the demilitarized zone IP
doubt DMZ is disabled because that would be brick your router if you accidentally blocked your CPE ports

Well, I pay set amount on rent. I will ask him again, and tell him its to ssh back into my servers, Its not on default SSH port, so no risk of getting attacked. Trying to convince IT guy.

How do I connect screen with 40 pin to motherboard?

Is it possible to convert a 1gb hard drive with windows 7 from gtb to mbr without data loss and still be able to boot from it?

I am not 100% sure but you need format disk to even think about changing format of said drive.

is sucking your own dick more like getting your dick sucked, or sucking dick?

dota is better also
>muh gayms

How do I display replies to a post in PHP? Say that all OPs have a resto of "0" and all replies have a resto of the OP id sorta like futallaby.how would I go about displaying the replies under the OP. Do I write the new sql within or after the while loop?

how does Sup Forums get and handle their music?

How hard is it to detect if someone edited audio tapes?

Would an android marshmallow 6.0 with OTG support be able to read a 32GB flash drive (+OTG cable) formatted as gpt?

just need a replacement pc for my relative.
thanks for suggestion

smols are usually like that

>seagate
hahaha

spotify, I just stopped bothering

making backup script
$source_dir - directory being backed up
$target_dir - where the backup is being copied

I hate those two terms
source and target
do you have something similarly short but more to the point?
something short and to the point that its a directory that is being backed up
or the other is the place where its copied

I doubt theres better, but asking wont hurt

why?

Download Minitool partition wizard
You can do it there without losing data

$src
$bck

Will mixing an Engineering Sample cpu and a standard OEM one cause any problems? This will be inside a dell precision using xeons

I can't stop distro hopping. what's a stable distribution to work and play games on that is it to hand holdey? I have Debian on my main machine. I love it except for the lack of gaming related software. Can't even play Doom on it, closest thing is chocolate Doom running the free Doom clone. Can't get it to use the retail wad files.

Input/Output? Original/Copy?

Is there any downsides of running a game in windowed mode instead fullscreen?

distractions, and possibly vsync issues.

reallocated sectors = bad sectors right?

Does anyone know how to fix this? I'm on Arch, and followed a post I saw on Sup Forums to set up the fonts initially, there's been no problems except for this which is getting annoying.

Kinda, reallocated sectors = bad sectors ignored.