Have you guys given up games / gaming for work or other things?

Have you guys given up games / gaming for work or other things?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=98HriO_Dc68
youtube.com/watch?v=xTLEYAu0aCY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>playing games
kys

>not playing games
K Y S

>working
kys

>killing yourself
kys

>
kys

>greentext on kys for using greentext
kys

kys

>current year
>playing games
>not killing yourself

kys

I wish I could enjoy video games but I always found them incredibly boring.

I'm always a bit jelly when I hear people talking with passion about their mmorpgs and whatnot.

I do work and I do play gaymes. Why are you implying one doesn't work well with the other?

kys?

It just means you haven't found a game good for you

>current year
>not killing yourself
kys

Working at KFC doesn't count

i played tf2 back in 07 when i was 16

i still play it now

ty valve for making it free, shitting on wave after wave of gibus-clad f2ps is a great way to wind down in the evening

I work as a software engineer for 8 hours every day, while 75% of this time is gayming anyway.
But I guess murifats or other 3rd worlders never heard of unlimited home office.

> pay2win
> free
choose 1

I gave up gaming and fapping to be better at work.
Now I'm just as terrible at work but bored and horny af.

I've been playing my Switch a lot on my daily commute (30 minute bus ride). BotW alone is better than the entire 3DS and mobile library combined. I used to play PC games a lot in college, but don't really have the time anymore to get good with each new one. I still play a few rounds of TF2 here and there.

I have some shitty PC that can't run any game and I can't afford a console / the Switch [ which is still a console but eh ]

Being a gaymer makes you even worse than a pakijeet 3rd worlder.

I manage to find time to play like 2-3 video games per year, usually around holidays.

What I've noticed is that games are just barely even worth my time. The storywriting is embarrassing, the gameplay gets old -- a lot of games are just exactly the same.

So what I end up doing is playing old games I missed during my childhood.

sort of. not entirely on purpose. just got a bit burned out, and also feel better when I use non-free software less

the skinned weapons in tf2 are not actually better than stock

Really? Because some shitposting subhuman virgin said so on Sup Forums?
Lmao. Gas yourself

Yeah but a new player can just go on the market and get shit and be more OP than other new players

neet, so yes. Plenty of time.

>I wish I could enjoy video games but I always found them incredibly boring.
This.

Is welfare enough to sustain you and your gaming needs
?

>needs

lmao i play mostly stock anyway and i have never spent a single cent on the game since i first bought it

besides, that makes it more fun when the 13 year old with 100$ worth of gay skins and hats is raging because he's getting fistfucked by some guy wearing nothing but the hat you get when you buy left 4 dead 2

try GMOD.
You can learn LUA and use it to have more fun in game.
youtube.com/watch?v=98HriO_Dc68
Is it boring for you too?

You guys are on here so ,not getting laid you might as well play vidya.

Same
Have really enjoyed Nier Automata these holidays though

>having to work to pay for bills
>play video games on weekends
>same time as the little kids are playing
>constantly yelling racist remarks and telling people to shut the fuck up at the top of their lungs

>thought about doing server hosting for games
>tf2,cs:go,gmod,battlefield,call of duty
>add 5 dollar perks
>get enough people to do it
>dont have to work anymore
>live off of donations

If successful I could do it for a living. People have posted about still having 2 grand after paying for the servers.

But I doubt I can get it to work, and fail.

There's also SAMP
That's pretty popular

I feel you. I haven't felt 'hooked' into a vidya probably since my freshman year of highschool. I usually drink some beer and play for an hour tops nowadays. I like to gauge how the alcohol effects my performance in games like OW and CSGO. So far, I've concluded that 3-5 beers is the sweet spot where I perform best. Before that, I feel stiff and unfocused but past that my motor functions start to go down the tubes.

Beer is truly gaymur fuel.

The successful ones have built a community of sorts around their game servers, but the biggest issue I think is visibility. You gotta get people to notice your servers if you want active members, which is harder now than it was like 10 years ago.

Really? Interesting.

I've played them most of my life, but recently I've just seen them as a waste of time. Hundreds of hours sunk into something that really doesn't do anything for me.

unfathomably autistic

youtube.com/watch?v=xTLEYAu0aCY
gmod is just a tool. But the amount of possibilities source engine still has is still impressive.

I wish I could play games but my GPU doesn't support DirectX11, and it'd be a pain to go back to using Windows.

What OS are you using atm?

This.

Also I'm really binary when it comes to hobbies and shit.

I still play vidya from time to time but only with my brother or friends.

Games suddenly required expensive video cards, anime did not.

>gaming yourself
kys

>Le I don't play games cus I'm better than you and I have a "life" lolololol

Okay so what do you do for fun?

>I.....uh....I watch tv and ummm.....uh

Yeah exactly you fags have got fuck all to criticize us with. Look at the fucking statistics of how many people are gamers, their avarage age, and then kindly shut the fuck up.

couldnt care less how many of you gaymers there are

Enjoy being ignorant cuck.
Your mother must be proud of you. Oh wait

your mum must be proud of all the achievements you got playing zelda magical mushroom adventure in her basement

I lift
Work
Read
And do 1000 other things tham eating 90000 calories while maaturbating to Fallout 4 big tits mod or some shit

Though I don t see gaming as something bad it s not good eithrr

I don't play anymore because I don't enjoy them anymore.

Eventually I get tired of anything, including hobbies, friends, work, whatever.

I dont play zelda and I live on my own.
Contain your autism aspie

>life

I never had a decent PC or good enough bandwidth to play games.

Personally, I gave up games because I don't have a powerful desktop. Just a cheap HP desktop really only meant for office work. Slapped Gentoo on it so I could take advantage of the hardware (every little bit counts with this machine.)

I have a PS3, but for the most part I'm tired of all those older games, so I never even turn it on. Don't have a lot of extra money, so I don't have a PS4 and I won't be buying or building a more powerful desktop any time soon.

I still play VNs on my desktop from time to time, and the occasional JRPG that my computer can handle.

Same boat. There were a few games when I was a kid, but that's about it. I'm pretty happy about it though, I know quite a few people who are pretty involved with gaming and it's honestly a kind of pathetic "hobby", considering all the interesting stuff out there.

I lost all interest in video games when I was in high school. Almost 10 years later, I bought a ps3 on a whim and been playing Silent Hill 1 and Persona 5 recently. I don't know why people on this board act like hobbies will inhibit you from doing other things in life.

I dont really play games any more but i enjoy collecting them during steam sales and having the best pc hardware just in case.

Was it too hard to install Gentoo?

>Sup Forums playing games

Today games are mostly a fucking scam, i don't have any will to play something anymore, today we have the E3 event, and will be the same scam and the same people that got scammed are going to fall for it, AGAIN, shit when they are going to learn for god sake